CVO Social > Other Topics

Night Riding and Safety

(1/4) > >>

psycho:
Seems every time I bump into a post (or safety related magazine article) related to riding safety, it mentions the avoidance of night riding. Being a newby rider, I feel more/most vulnerable during daytime riding. In the days before the snow started falling here in NH last November, I purposely headed out in the evening to get some practice in on the bike-- it was fun, I felt more visible, I saw others more easily, and I enjoyed the challenge of taking a back twisty road on low beams. I do, however, see the potential danger in mixing with alot of highway traffic at night. But still, I was hyperalert to remain as free of traffic as possible.

naitram:
i love riding at night in the middle of the summer, its warm thers no sun glare and you are visible due to the headlight. however i will avoid the narrow twisty roads at night because you cant see as far ahead as you can during the day, what do they call that in the MSF course "over driving your headlight" just use common sense

JCZ:
Psycho they have animal whistles (also referred to as deer whistles) at the auto parts store, if that will make you feel a little more comfortable regarding animals.

Black_Dog:
The Deer that I hit at 10:00pm in July 2001 weight about 100 pounds and did $4,500 damage to my 4 week old Ultra, Deer whistles only cost $10.00.

Black Dog

rugbyprop:
IN THE MIDWEST THE BIGGEST THING HERE ARE THE DEER. IN FACT LAST WEEK A SNOWMOBILE ON THE RIVER BEHIND MY HOUSE GOT ONE AT ABOUT 90 MPH.... GUY WALKED AWAY AFTER TOTALLING A $9000 SLED AND KILLING THE 200 LB. DEER. GOT LUCKY. SEE AT LEAST ONE DEER/BIKER DEATH A YEAR AROUND HERE. I FEEL SAFER ON THE INTERSTATE ROADS AT NIGHT, BUT WINDY TWO LANES AROUND HERE ARE LIKE PLAYING RUSSIAN ROULETTE!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version