Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Author Topic: Windshield pics thread...  (Read 37669 times)

darkside

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Windshield pics thread...
« Reply #105 on: September 09, 2009, 08:38:08 PM »

Greetings,

These are pictures of the HalfMoon 8" Contour.  I have not used any other shield besides the stock one but I am very happy with the looks and performance.  I've tested this windshield to 105mph and the bike was stable, I could hear the radio much better, and my eyes did not water wearing my regular glasses; with the stock shield my eyes would start watering at 40mph.  I'm 5'7 with a 30" inseem and the air hits me at the top of my head and I can clearly see over the shield.

HalfMoon windshields are made by hand, one at a time by Pat & Robin Clark.  They have great customer service and all their products are reasonably priced; this particular shield is $60 plus shipping of $10 - I ordered the windshield on 9.1 and the windshield was on the bike 9.4

Before you spend $120-160 and have to wait 3-4 weeks visit Pat's web site http://www.customflhtwindshields.net/ or call him at (803) 755-2906.

In case my pictures won't post you can see comparison pictures of the HalfMoon vs. Stock at http://picasaweb.google.com/ezra.mcd/HalfMoonWindshields#

darkside...
2009 FLHRSE - Ghost Silver
FullSac 2.25's
Catless header pipe
TTS MasterTune

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2009, 08:09:08 AM »

first post and it's a product testimonial, Hmmm. sumpin awful skwuwy goin on.
i saw these a year ago, some function, little form
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

skippy49

• Elite CVO Member
  • Utah, 2008 Best Trip Ever!

• CVO1: 03 SERK Purdue Gold & Black
    • CVO2: 09 SERG Silver & Black
« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2009, 01:58:28 PM »

first post and it's a product testimonial, Hmmm. sumpin awful skwuwy goin on.
i saw these a year ago, some function, little form

I didn't look at the number of posts when I read it Larry---have to agree with you--something's up.
Steve

darkside

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #108 on: September 11, 2009, 11:31:17 AM »

Actually I've been a member since 2005 and yes i am a man of few words.  I posted this because windshields, like seats and handlebars are a very important items for us to individualize.

If you want to count post I have 7 more under darkside99 - I had forgotten my earlier password.

Larry, I have talked to you about your color matched tour-pak and Skippy, I inquired about your exhaust system.

I meant no offense and by all means pick your own accessories, I only tried to present an alternative and yes I do have a bias;  I have used Pat's windshields since 2004 (actually had a preproduction) on a 2001 UC I built before SG's were around ( http://picasaweb.google.com/ezra.mcd/AmericanIronhorseAndUltraClassic# ) however there is no conspiracy here!

I make no money from the sale of these Windshields however this is Pat's livelyhood and he builds a fine product that he stands behind and all for a reasonable price - the choice is yours.

happy riding, darkside....
FullSac 2.25's
Catless header pipe
TTS MasterTune

Fireguy

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road glide. Traded
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited Sold
« Reply #109 on: September 12, 2009, 09:51:55 AM »

Ok here we go....I am looking at all of the windshields and just wondering what helmets are being worn. 1/2-3/4 or full. I like the looks of my bike with just the stock windshield but with a fullface I can not believe how much noise I still get. I would like to keep the looks of the stock windshield but I also don't want a "billboard" infront of me. Any ideas about just a 8'' OR 10". I don't have wind in my face,( hence the fullface helmet) but just something to bring down the noise. Thanks

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #110 on: September 12, 2009, 11:05:18 AM »

noise can be dealt with by using a full face in the winter and ear plugs with other helmets or sans helmet.  ;) spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #111 on: September 12, 2009, 01:44:20 PM »

I always wear earplugs.  So much nicer that way.  Get tired of getting beat up by the sound.
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

darkside

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #112 on: September 12, 2009, 01:56:51 PM »

Ok here we go....I am looking at all of the windshields and just wondering what helmets are being worn. 1/2-3/4 or full. I like the looks of my bike with just the stock windshield but with a fullface I can not believe how much noise I still get. I would like to keep the looks of the stock windshield but I also don't want a "billboard" infront of me. Any ideas about just a 8'' OR 10". I don't have wind in my face,( hence the fullface helmet) but just something to bring down the noise. Thanks

My test did not include a helmet (have not worn a helmet with the SERG) although I sometimes wear a scorpion exo 1000 which i find very comfortable and not bad with noise riding in the open on a buell xb12s.  I also wear a kbc tourcom (as well as a vox beanie) which is very confortable and good behind a shield; recently I did a 3000 mile trip wearing it behind a 4.5 inch shield on my 07' ultra classic. 

Although I have not worn a helmet behind the serg I found the 8" contour (picture link) comparable to that of the 4.5 inch on the batwing - the air hits right at the top of my head.  This was not confortable for me wearing a full face as the wind just bounced my head all around.

An 8" shield is a compromise and to me not a billboard (i know what you mean) as i prefer the sportier look myself.  To wear a full face I think I would need a billboard, maybe a 10-11 inch shield.

I'm 5'7 with a 30" inseam.  Take a look at http://picasaweb.google.com/ezra.mcd/HalfMoonWindshields# for a comparison picture of an 8" vs. stock shield.

hope this helps, mac...
FullSac 2.25's
Catless header pipe
TTS MasterTune

redtwin

• Full CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: FXR-4
    • CVO2: FXSTSSE
    • CVO3: 2010 ROADDGLIDE
« Reply #113 on: November 01, 2009, 12:51:19 PM »

This is  a very nice sheild just installed on my 2010 roadglide I installed the 8 inch contour and I can actually here the radio at over 100 mph
I also orderd the 10 inch flat top I will let everyone know how it works when i try it out,these people are very nice to work with.

Greetings,

These are pictures of the HalfMoon 8" Contour.  I have not used any other shield besides the stock one but I am very happy with the looks and performance.  I've tested this windshield to 105mph and the bike was stable, I could hear the radio much better, and my eyes did not water wearing my regular glasses; with the stock shield my eyes would start watering at 40mph.  I'm 5'7 with a 30" inseem and the air hits me at the top of my head and I can clearly see over the shield.

HalfMoon windshields are made by hand, one at a time by Pat & Robin Clark.  They have great customer service and all their products are reasonably priced; this particular shield is $60 plus shipping of $10 - I ordered the windshield on 9.1 and the windshield was on the bike 9.4

Before you spend $120-160 and have to wait 3-4 weeks visit Pat's web site http://www.customflhtwindshields.net/ or call him at (803) 755-2906.

In case my pictures won't post you can see comparison pictures of the HalfMoon vs. Stock at http://picasaweb.google.com/ezra.mcd/HalfMoonWindshields#

darkside...
[/quote]

shredsurf

• '09 FLTR - Red Hot Sunglo
« Reply #114 on: December 19, 2009, 12:15:52 AM »

14" SERG Cee Bailey shield....
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 21 queries.