Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Author Topic: Windshield pics thread...  (Read 37672 times)

ThomasK

• Full CVO Member
    • CVO2: 2011 SE Road Glide Ultra
    • CVO3: 2010 FLHXSE
Re: Windshield pics thread...
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2009, 04:00:34 AM »

@highjagger
Hi Klaus,
which luggage rack will you plug on?
Greetings from Frankfurt/Germany
ThomasK

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2009, 08:16:59 AM »

This " old " one with the 4-point-docking .
 I know there is a new one , looks pretty good but is in backorder and that means nearly unavailable yet .
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 08:19:03 AM by Highjagger »
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2009, 08:19:27 AM »

The new one :

vtyanqui

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SERK Anniversary Model
    • CVO2: 09 SERG "Silver"
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2009, 09:01:02 AM »

ThomasK – First let me say you've got one sweet ride.  Up until today I've been on the fence trying to decide whether or not to install the chrome window trim on my 09 Silver SERG.  After seeing your post today I'm going to order it.  Thanks again for the visual.

ThomasK

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2009, 10:49:45 AM »

@highjagger

Hi Klaus,
the new one, stealth lugg rack, arrived yesterday from the US. Will be mounted next monday at the Factory ;D
Greetings
ThomasK
ThomasK

ThomasK

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2009, 10:51:48 AM »

@vtyanqui

Yes, looks much better than without. Youll be happy with it!
ThomasK

shredsurf

• '09 FLTR - Red Hot Sunglo
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2009, 12:11:14 PM »

I made the mistake of purchasing the SERG windshield...WHAT WAS I THINKING???   :nixweiss: 

This weekend I took my RG for a 275 mile ride...back roads, main highways, etc...dear God...as soon as I exceeded 50 mph, the buffeting and turbulence was practically unbearable! 
Needless to say, I am in the market for a new shield.  The problem is, which one?  At 6'2" and a 34" inseam, I sit pretty high in the saddle and hate to sacrafice aethetics for wind protection, the stock RG windshield is terrible looking and I was thinking about trying the 8" KW's because I like the look.  I can handle wind, but the buffeting is horrible. 

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2009, 12:30:32 PM »

Even the 12" Klockwerks is still buffeting , like a few members here have reported .

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2009, 12:34:06 PM »

@highjagger

Hi Klaus,
the new one, stealth lugg rack, arrived yesterday from the US. Will be mounted next monday at the Factory ;D
Greetings
ThomasK

Wow ,
good action Thomas , black or chrome ?
 That`s a very nice rack ( I found it too late , the order was not changeable anymore )  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Dunwurkin

« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2009, 01:01:51 PM »

I made the mistake of purchasing the SERG windshield...WHAT WAS I THINKING???   :nixweiss: 

This weekend I took my RG for a 275 mile ride...back roads, main highways, etc...dear God...as soon as I exceeded 50 mph, the buffeting and turbulence was practically unbearable! 
Needless to say, I am in the market for a new shield.  The problem is, which one?  At 6'2" and a 34" inseam, I sit pretty high in the saddle and hate to sacrafice aethetics for wind protection, the stock RG windshield is terrible looking and I was thinking about trying the 8" KW's because I like the look.  I can handle wind, but the buffeting is horrible. 

Everyone has their own idea of what looks good, but I find the Clear View very acceptable looking and John at CV will make one for you at any height, with a recurve.  I have a slightly lower than stock (-2") dark tint sport.  I see well over, wind buffeting minimal and yes, I'm still very much in the breeze. I also have a light tint CV GT small which is raked back more than the sport and top edge is again about 2" higher than the sport John made for me, which also looks fine. I'll stick that on for those long trips.

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2009, 03:55:32 PM »

@ Dunwurkin ,
Do you have a pic with your CV sport and with your CV small ?
What`s your height and inseam ( sorry for using this inse..... - word ) .

roadkingrandy

• 09 SE Road Glide Yellow/Slate Grey

• CVO1: 09 SE RoadGlide
    • CVO2: 99 RoadKing Customized
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2009, 04:41:23 PM »

OK guys...

I suffer from severe dry eyes and as much as I love the "as intended" look HD gave the SERG, I cannot ride this bike comfortably with that useless piece of plastic at the top of the fairing.

Can each of you put up your pictures of your aftermarket windshields... Clearview, Klockwerks, Cee Baileys, etc, along with you personal reviews with important stuff like seat, rider height & inseam, etc?

This will help us "less informed" make a better decision on what will suit us best.

I'm 5-11, 29" inseam using the stock seat (for now) but looking at a Danny gray Solo

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2009, 10:21:31 PM »

You were thinking that screen looks super cool....!  :oops:

I took a slow road home the day I took delivery... and it was 12 miles home... and raining... I dont care for it, but I still havent found a WS I love... I think the Clearview GT "Sport" will work for me.

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

ThomasK

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2009, 04:17:35 AM »

@highjagger

Hi Klaus, i got the chrome one. Bought it directly in the US ./. 20% on MRSP + $ 48.- shipping and the small German
tax & custom. I will post a pic next week.
Greetings
ThomasK
ThomasK

Dunwurkin

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2009, 09:25:26 AM »

You were thinking that screen looks super cool....!  :oops:

I took a slow road home the day I took delivery... and it was 12 miles home... and raining... I dont care for it, but I still havent found a WS I love... I think the Clearview GT "Sport" will work for me.

Call John @ Clear View.  He'll make a 'Dark tint Sport', at a custom height for you.  He made one for me that is 2" lower than the Clear viewGT small.  It looks awesome!

Dunwurkin in Ontario
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 21 queries.