Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: The first thousand miles.... My opinions, observations and criticisms....  (Read 3825 times)

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ex_Wingabego Rider & former Iron Butt riding fool

• CVO1: '09 SERG

Crusty – do you mean a cop with the AF or are you getting out and going back to civilian life.  How many years have you invested with the AF?

Back to SF; I was force cross-trained 12 years ago... I've got 23.5 years in now... with no plans of quitting any time soon!

vtyanqui

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SERK Anniversary Model
    • CVO2: 09 SERG "Silver"

Crusty – Wow, 23.5 that's a lot of bag drags.  I admire you and thank you for your service, but remember anything more than 20 and you're working for half pay.  I know I spent 22+ in the AF before I retired.

Keep the rubber side down,
vtyanqui

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam

Crusty – Wow, 23.5 that's a lot of bag drags.  I admire you and thank you for your service, but remember anything more than 20 and you're working for half pay.  I know I spent 22+ in the AF before I retired.

vtyanqui

Navy sure did not like that comment when I told them that was why I was retireing at 20 years.

I sure had fun while serving, but 20 was enough for me.

2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

vtyanqui

• Senior CVO Member

FLSTFIDave – I know what you mean regarding the Navy's inability to listen to your needs.  Listen to the latest offer from the AF (probably other services too).  They want to bring back under 60 year old retired rated officers for two years so they can sit a command post somewhere in the sand box to free up younger aircrew members back to CONUS.  Oh, and they will not give you flight pay; only your retired rank. I understand their rational but…

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ex_Wingabego Rider & former Iron Butt riding fool

• CVO1: '09 SERG

vtyanqui

While that may be true, staying in for 30 and retiring on 75% of E9 pay ain't a bad deal either... and since I still enjoy what I do, getting out would mean I'd have to figure out what I want to do when I grow up.

vtyanqui

• Senior CVO Member

Chief – I agree there was nothing better than active duty.  However, as I get older I find my job as a contractor instructing aircrew members how to fly the BUFF very rewarding, especially when you consider I don't have to worry about packing up every 6 months to go TDY.  I don't think any of us really know what we'll do when we grow up.

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Electric Orange/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE Autumn Haze/Carbon Dust

GROW UP :o  No one told me I have to grow up :-\  Hell, that's why I bought the SERG ;D

I took a year off and didn't even think about looking for work.  Started to run out of projects and let's face it...even with great planning and the ability to live off my retirement, I needed to DO something constructive (i.e. work) with my time and with the second income...well, you know....

Only problem is, we paid more in taxes last year than what my wife makes >:(  TEA ANYONE!!!

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam

When I retired at 20 years my first job was more than double what I was making as an E-7 with 20 years, counting my sea pay.

My taxes this year are only 2000 dollars less than Base pay of an E-7 for a full year in 2001 when I retired.

I am all for a tea party....
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 21 queries.