Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: '09 Gas Mileage  (Read 13304 times)

Berk

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin’ Eagle® Ultra Classic® Electra Glide®, Stardust Silver and Twilight Blue
Re: '09 Gas Mileage
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2009, 04:00:59 PM »

Just returned from a 3500 mile , 10 day , 21 tanks of gas, ride.  My 09 cuse4 has 12,000 miles on it.  Best MPG was 39.4, worst: 32.8.  I averaged around 35 MPG.   Rear tire has 3-5 thousand left miles in it.  I had to replace the front tire in Louisiana at 10,000 miles,due to cupping.  Used no oil .  I have a race tuner,stock pipes and SE air cleaner . Dyno at 86 HP, 106 torque.  "Thats all I know about that !"   Chris

Could any one please explain what cupping of tire means. I asked my dealer about the service bulletin on the tires. He pulled it up and it showed that the tread on the tires were pointing the opposite direction when the tires were installed on bike. He didn't seem to be to concerned about it. just wondering if this has anything to do with cupping

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2009, 04:04:47 PM »

Could any one please explain what cupping of tire means. I asked my dealer about the service bulletin on the tires. He pulled it up and it showed that the tread on the tires were pointing the opposite direction when the tires were installed on bike. He didn't seem to be to concerned about it. just wondering if this has anything to do with cupping

The middle section of the tire, the part that is making contact with the road surface for the most part, you will see, or feel by running your hand or fingers across it, concave areas...like cups starting to form on the tread.  Dats cupping.

Berk

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin’ Eagle® Ultra Classic® Electra Glide®, Stardust Silver and Twilight Blue
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2009, 04:16:15 PM »

The middle section of the tire, the part that is making contact with the road surface for the most part, you will see, or feel by running your hand or fingers across it, concave areas...like cups starting to form on the tread.  Dats cupping.
[/quote

Thanks for the explanation. I only have about 2200 mile on I guess I'll find out as I add more milage.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2009, 08:58:04 PM »

[/quote

Thanks for the explanation. I only have about 2200 mile on I guess I'll find out as I add more milage.

I started to see it starting slightly at 5000 miles.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 21 queries.