Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: full faced modular helmets  (Read 15083 times)

RidinRuby

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 SEUC Ruby Red
full faced modular helmets
« on: March 14, 2009, 06:20:17 PM »

I am looking to buy 2 new full faced modular helmets. Does anyone have any suggestions? I suppose thats a dumb question around here as there never seems a shortage of opions. So please post some opions, all are welcome.  :2vrolijk_21:

I am also curious about womens helmets. My wife is very petite and looks ackward with a full sized shell with padding to make the helmet small. Does anyone make a small shelled helmet? :nixweiss:

Majorrocky

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4 / SERK
Re: full faced modular helmets
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 06:33:10 PM »

I had a dirt bike accident when I was a kid that left my face pretty scratched up for quite a while so I swear by a full face or modular.

I have had good luck with Fulmer.  I currently have two of their Modus helmets (getting ready to get one painted to match my SERK) and like them.  NOTE:  I am not speaking to their crash ratings, durability, weight, etc.  I'm no scientist.  I just know that they fit me better than any others and are as comfortable as a modular can be considering the weight, etc.  The shield and chin-bar are easy to open with gloves and I don't seem to sweat a ton in them.

That's opinion 1... I'm sure there'll be many more...   :P

Ride On

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ex_Wingabego Rider & former Iron Butt riding fool

• CVO1: '09 SERG
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 06:48:12 PM »

THis site has some of the most in depth reviews on m/c products I've ever seen. I alway check them out before I buy: WEBBIKEWORLD

Their helmet reviews cover measurements, fit, weight, noise... will at least give you an idea on what stuff is out there.

RidinRuby

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 SEUC Ruby Red
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 12:08:12 PM »

Any other help with modular helmets? 8)

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 12:14:45 PM »

I have the shoei multitec , a very good helmet for me , high price but high quality .
centered lock push-button , removable neck and front deflector ( winter-summer ) , two shields clear - and tinted , anti-fog system works great , double D lock , fiberglass .
Perfect fitting my head and the cheeks-pads are available in different sizes .http://www.shoei-europe.com/de/products/MULTITEC
 :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

fourstar

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO2: 04 FLSTCI
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 08:33:15 PM »

I  bought a Zox Genessis through Helmet Harbor.  It is modular with a built in internal flip-down sun visor.  I installed J&Ms com set-up and I am extremely pleased with the fit, quality, and comfort of the whole setup.  http://www.helmetharbor.com/Products/ModelDetails.cfm/Search/Results/ManuID/2278/Model/Genessis%20SVS%20(INNER%20VISOR)]
“Red! I want red, there's no substitute for red!”
                                                             -Sammy Hagar

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2009, 08:42:45 PM »

I went with the HD stealth flame model.  When in the open position it still is aero enough that the chin bar doesn't catch any wind like some modulars.  I thas a thumb release in the center of the chin bar and easily opens with one hand to flip it up.

I have had good luck with it in the rain and cold, summer I do still ride with a half helmet on local rides.

98216-05V

MSRP US $275.00

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 02:54:37 AM »

I went with the HD stealth flame model.  When in the open position it still is aero enough that the chin bar doesn't catch any wind like some modulars.  I thas a thumb release in the center of the chin bar and easily opens with one hand to flip it up.

I have had good luck with it in the rain and cold, summer I do still ride with a half helmet on local rides.

98216-05V

MSRP US $275.00

Once i have had this HD modular one in my hands , i found that it was very badly made and not good quality for that price ( 469 Euro in Germany ) ,

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 03:07:48 AM »

Once i have had this HD modular one in my hands , i found that it was very badly made and not good quality for that price ( 469 Euro in Germany ) ,

I doubt I would have even looked at it for that Euro either, I calculate the exchange to be $606.77 US. 

Since most of us can get 10-20% off the HD price, here it is $220.00 US for most.

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2009, 10:58:05 AM »

That`s really a difference .

Jon Seddon

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4 - Big Bertha
    • CVO2: Non CVO - Softail Deluxe (wife's) lady lou
    • CVO3: Non CVO - Triumph T160 Trident/Ducati 900ss (I hope)
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2009, 11:11:07 AM »

I am looking to buy 2 new full faced modular helmets. Does anyone have any suggestions? I suppose thats a dumb question around here as there never seems a shortage of opions. So please post some opions, all are welcome.  :2vrolijk_21:

I am also curious about womens helmets. My wife is very petite and looks ackward with a full sized shell with padding to make the helmet small. Does anyone make a small shelled helmet? :nixweiss:

My wife and I both have Schuberth C2's and I also have a Schuberth J1,  both really comfortable and quiet.  The J1 I've found really good if you want the freedom of an open face with the protection of a full face as it has a bar around the front.  They also come with sun visors.

Jon

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2009, 02:06:33 PM »

But the Schubert is left-hand controled and not in the center , this is not acceptable for me and does not work perfect , i gave the schubert back to the dealer after 3 days .
The internal sun visors are not bad but they make the helmet bigger , and bigger is not good .
 The schubert has no Double D lock , withe cold fingers you do loose your nervs when trying to close it .
Thumb down for me .

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2009, 10:11:19 PM »

Just remember that everyone's head is shaped differently. The better the fit of your new full of flip face, the more inclined you are to wear it! Definitely try them on in a store and wear them around for a while before purchasing there or online.

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2009, 02:38:16 AM »

My 2 cents : helmet online is a no-go ( or you had tested it before on your head )

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2009, 12:23:00 AM »

Nolan N102 or the new N103. Your not far from me if you'd like to see the 102, I have on at the shop. 8) Many here have and love the Nolan 102.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 21 queries.