Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sissy bar/tool kit  (Read 3203 times)

Hotbird

• CVO1: 2009 Fat Bob
Sissy bar/tool kit
« on: March 16, 2009, 04:53:36 PM »

I purchased/installed the removable HD Sissy bar/luggage rack (part no's 52866-06, 52877-08, 53964-06, 53982-08, 57338-08) for my 09 CVO Fat Bob.  Unless I have an adult passenger on board, the vibration/noise is unbearable.  I used loctite.  Has anyone resolved this already?  tks, Hotbird

ryr8828dj

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: SE Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz
Re: Sissy bar/tool kit
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 07:22:40 PM »

Be sure to check all the part numbers against HD's site.  When I put mine on didn't seem to fit right.  Was having to force some of the parts together.  So I crossed checked the numbers and found the dealer had given me the wrong parts.  So from then on I check the part numbers before going to the dealer.  Just maybe this could be your issue.

Hotbird

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 08:27:05 PM »

Thanks for the response.  Do I assume you have the same gear without the vibration?  Everything fit just fine when I installed it so I think I have the right parts. 

I had an awful vibration from the license plate holder until I added 2 more bolts with loctite - which seems to indicate that there is a whole lot of vibration in the upper rear end...

Andy

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 10:06:35 PM »

Vibration/noise is unbearable on mine too. It wasn't at first but became that way shortly after I added it. I blame it on this fat chick I packed one night!

ryr8828dj

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: SE Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 04:51:16 PM »

Haven't noticed any vibration after installing the quick release sissy bar and luggage rack.  I'm probable gun-shy about the parts issue.  I always check the MoCo site for part numbers and don't just depend on the parts counter getting it right.  I could see how you might get the fender out of wack if you didn't replace the side mounts one at a time.

harris48cars

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 06:03:01 PM »

Haven't noticed any vibration after installing the quick release sissy bar and luggage rack.  I'm probable gun-shy about the parts issue.  I always check the MoCo site for part numbers and don't just depend on the parts counter getting it right.  I could see how you might get the fender out of wack if you didn't replace the side mounts one at a time.

I agree.
   Gary

Hotbird

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2009, 12:25:08 AM »

I do not think it is a fender issue but I have asked an expert to look into for me - hd-dude.  I'll let you know the results. 

Hotbird

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2009, 03:09:30 PM »

I had to wrap both front & rear bushings with teflon tape and vibration is now gone.  I plan to have my neighbor mill some new bushings.

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 21 queries.