Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Author Topic: Two Lane down for a bit  (Read 13979 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Two Lane down for a bit
« Reply #120 on: March 29, 2009, 09:47:14 PM »

And in retrospect I'm sure you still can't believe you did this  :nixweiss:

That was the most annoying thing that night.  Careless mistake and a lack of attention to detail isn't generally my kind of screw up.  Until they were. 

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #121 on: March 29, 2009, 09:50:21 PM »

An inch one way and you are fine...an inch the other way and you cut your hand in half...  so a finger is just a compromise, right?

(I take it your mother didn't fall down the stairs??)

No, mom didn't dribble down the steps.  It was suggested by a god-daughter in Albuquerque earlier today that I start blowing on the end of the thumb to pump up the finger.  She'd seen it on a cartoon.  Hour and a half later and no joy, but damn was I out of breath.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #122 on: March 29, 2009, 10:01:21 PM »

No, mom didn't dribble down the steps.  It was suggested by a god-daughter in Albuquerque earlier today that I start blowing on the end of the thumb to pump up the finger.  She'd seen it on a cartoon.  Hour and a half later and no joy, but damn was I out of breath.
Well......ya gatta admit, it was worth a try.  I remember that cartoon.  Tom & Jerry I think.  ;D har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #123 on: March 31, 2009, 07:24:52 AM »

Don,

Been away fro a couple of weeks for work, glad it wasn't worse!  Hope to see you again soon.

/Bill
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #124 on: March 31, 2009, 09:39:20 AM »

Don, I thought about you the other day as my son and I were watching Dirty Jobs. Mike Rowe was working in a famil;y owned saw mill cutting up cedar shakes and shingles. This was a very old mill and I'm sure OSHA hasn't paid them a visit ever, but the working conditions were more that just dangerous. I've seen Rowe do some crazy jobs, but you could tell he was very scared as he prepared to run the huge chop saws they use at that mill. Two of them were side by side, perpendicular to each other. One cut to length, the other cut width. No guards, safety devices, no nothing, just two huge blades spinng furiously. I used to work for a friend part time in the remodeling business, plus I have remodeled extensively the last two houses I've owned, so I've spent substantial time with miter and table saws, but this Mill was the scariest thing I've seen. Good luck in your recovery. 
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

DUDE

• CVO1: '08 FLHTCUSE3 Annie # 1420
« Reply #125 on: March 31, 2009, 01:57:16 PM »

As I was making these cuts something distracted me  though.  I looked behind me to about my 7:00 o'clock position.  Thought I heard my mother stumble on the basement stairs.  So looked to my left as the left hand was moving toward the saw and the right hand was bringing the blade down.  That did it.

Twolane,

Thanks for sharing you story, and thanks Duane for asking the question.  :2vrolijk_21:

I do woodworking as a hobby and this weekend I was making some 16x20 picture frames which required a somewhat difficult cut similar to cutting raised panels.  My wood shop is in the basement and my table saw is positioned so that my back is to the stairway door.  As I was making one of the cuts the thought crossed my mind that I would be in a world of hurt if my wife were to came downstairs and startel me. :oops:  After reading your report I am considering repositioning the saw so that my back is not to the door.

So, thanks again as reading your post has made my shop a safer place to work. :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 02:03:30 PM by DUDE »

SERYDER

« Reply #126 on: April 02, 2009, 08:53:04 PM »

Just heard don, Get Well Soon...Don
04 FLHTCSE Blue
01 FLTRI W/ 95ci SE top end
51 Pan
74 NORTON 850 Commando "HI-RIDER"

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #127 on: April 02, 2009, 09:28:16 PM »

Thanks again everyone.  Still healing nicely.  Stitches are out of the other two and they're close to good as new.  Another week or two and they will be.  Frankenfinger is still progressing.  No foul smells or rot so it must be good.  As long as I don't bump in to chit it's like it's not even there :huepfenlol2: .

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #128 on: April 02, 2009, 09:38:24 PM »

Thanks again everyone.  Still healing nicely.  Stitches are out of the other two and they're close to good as new.  Another week or two and they will be.  Frankenfinger is still progressing.  No foul smells or rot so it must be good.  As long as I don't bump in to chit it's like it's not even there :huepfenlol2: .
;D you just ain't 'right'.  :D har!  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 21 queries.