Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9  All

Author Topic: Two Lane down for a bit  (Read 14085 times)

comfortablynumb

• Senior CVO Member
  • u can chek out any time u like,but ucan nver leave

• CVO1: 2008 SEUC3 SuperTrapp SE slip ons SE Stage 1 A/C SE Super Tuner Kury LED Brake & Turn Kury Zombie Shift Linkage & Cover Clearview 9.5 recurve Tru Track
Re: Two Lane down for a bit
« Reply #105 on: March 26, 2009, 12:55:50 PM »

Oh crap.  I can't even figure out how a guy would do that!  But a real guy no doubt could.
This is the reason that ever since then I only use a broom

cyril

• I
  • Elite CVO Member
  • If it ain`t broke keep fixin it till it is !
« Reply #106 on: March 26, 2009, 01:04:33 PM »

Best Wishes Don  Cyril  UK.
If it aint broke keep fixin it till it is

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #107 on: March 26, 2009, 02:54:11 PM »

Best Wishes Don  Cyril  UK.

Thanks Cyril.  I can't say the digit is ship shape and Bristol fashion but it's coming along satisfactorily.  Or most of it is :2vrolijk_21: .

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #108 on: March 26, 2009, 08:07:20 PM »

Hey Don! I'm sooo sorry for getting in this so late, I have been working out of town with limited access to the internet. Hope your healing process is still going with out complications. I have lifted you up in prayer and will continue while you heal. Sorry buddy, love ya man, God Bless!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #109 on: March 26, 2009, 08:10:16 PM »

Hey Don! I'm sooo sorry for getting in this so late, I have been working out of town with limited access to the internet. Hope your healing process is still going with out complications. I have lifted you up in prayer and will continue while you heal. Sorry buddy, love ya man, God Bless!

Thank you JR.  Fortunately so far and so good.  It's ugly as hell but healing nicely.  Doesn't hurt much so I'm not complaining :2vrolijk_21: .

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #110 on: March 26, 2009, 08:18:01 PM »

Thank you JR.  Fortunately so far and so good.  It's ugly as hell but healing nicely.  Doesn't hurt much so I'm not complaining :2vrolijk_21: .
Aaaarrrrggghh.  But, it'll add a lot of character to the ole bod and create all kinds of late evening parking lot stories round the ole campfire.  It'll have it's 'upside', matey!  :verkleidung056: :bandana: har!  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #111 on: March 26, 2009, 08:26:18 PM »

Aaaarrrrggghh.  But, it'll add a lot of character to the ole bod and create all kinds of late evening parking lot stories round the ole campfire.  It'll have it's 'upside', matey!  :verkleidung056: :bandana: har!  :drink: spyder

Damn right Spyder.  In the first 36 hours had already gotten bored with strangers seeing it and asking "what happened?"  So had to start making stuff up.  So far it's included power cheese grater, asleep with peanut butter on fingers and ferret and/or other critters ate it, epileptic bit them off, got 'em caught in my zipper, submarine propeller and several others.  Need to get more creative....

Jon Seddon

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4 - Big Bertha
    • CVO2: Non CVO - Softail Deluxe (wife's) lady lou
    • CVO3: Non CVO - Triumph T160 Trident/Ducati 900ss (I hope)
« Reply #112 on: March 28, 2009, 03:17:20 PM »

Damn right Spyder.  In the first 36 hours had already gotten bored with strangers seeing it and asking "what happened?"  So had to start making stuff up.  So far it's included power cheese grater, asleep with peanut butter on fingers and ferret and/or other critters ate it, epileptic bit them off, got 'em caught in my zipper, submarine propeller and several others.  Need to get more creative....

Anyone  who can joke about getting things caught in your zipper must be feeling a bit better!!

Hope all is well.

Jon

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
« Reply #113 on: March 28, 2009, 08:25:59 PM »

Just heard about your battle with the power tool. Glad to hear your doing better and healing well. I ran the end of a finger through a jointer couple years ago.... needless to say the jointer won.  :nixweiss:
The impossible just takes a little longer

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #114 on: March 28, 2009, 09:04:24 PM »

I ran the end of a finger through a jointer couple years ago.... needless to say the jointer won.  :nixweiss:

Ouch!

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #115 on: March 29, 2009, 01:07:34 AM »

So Don - I am still trying to figure out how you did such a cut up job (sorry maybe not  ;D).

If you haven't documented it yet maybe now that your hunt and peck skills are getting better you can share what you did and what went wrong.
I have read about many table saw accidents, but very few miter saw incidents.

Care to share your misfortune for the betterment of mankind?
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #116 on: March 29, 2009, 02:12:36 AM »

So Don - I am still trying to figure out how you did such a cut up job (sorry maybe not  ;D).

If you haven't documented it yet maybe now that your hunt and peck skills are getting better you can share what you did and what went wrong.
I have read about many table saw accidents, but very few miter saw incidents.

Care to share your misfortune for the betterment of mankind?

Sure Duane.  Simple careless mistake though.  Entirley my fault.

Power miter saw.  12" fixed saw; not a push-pull.  So blade is pushed down (chop type saw) through the material for anyone unfamiliar.

This is the last kind of saw you'd expect to have a significant accident with.  When making finish cuts of whatever kind of trim or other material the material is always stationary.  You put the board where it needs to be and bring the blade down through it.  Unless you screw up.

Two things were the primary causes of the accident.  That they happened at the same time caused it.

First off is that I was done.  Had literally just finished some significant remodeling and repairing in mom's basement.  The last baseboard was cut 15 minutes before the finger was.

I was cutting some scrap material in to shorter pieces just to make them easier to put in the small trash bin I had downstairs.  No finish or measured cuts.  Was in fact sliding the material to the saw and making one or two progressive cuts. 

In and of itself that wasn't enough carelessness to cause the deed.  It's a saw I'm very familiar with and always consider just where the left hand is before using the right to bring the saw down. 

As I was making these cuts something distracted me though.  I looked behind me to about my 7:00 o'clock position.  Thought I heard my mother stumble on the basement stairs.  So looked to my left as the left hand was moving toward the saw and the right hand was bringing the blade down.  That did it.

Had it been any other finish cut it wouldn't have happened.  The material would have been stationary.  Had I not looked away it wouldn't have happened.  Just the wrong series of things at the wrong time.

As is I could have done much worse though.  Had the left hand gone only a bit farther would have brought the saw down through my hand rather than (mostly) one finger.  So I'm not complaining. It was simple carelessness that could have been much worse and much more painful.  As is it's just a boo boo.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #117 on: March 29, 2009, 09:50:28 AM »

How often our lives are measured in inches.  ???  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #118 on: March 29, 2009, 07:06:42 PM »

And in retrospect I'm sure you still can't believe you did this  :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 07:27:43 PM by porthole »
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #119 on: March 29, 2009, 07:15:16 PM »

Sure Duane.  Simple careless mistake though.  Entirley my fault.

Power miter saw.  12" fixed saw; not a push-pull.  So blade is pushed down (chop type saw) through the material for anyone unfamiliar.

This is the last kind of saw you'd expect to have a significant accident with.  When making finish cuts of whatever kind of trim or other material the material is always stationary.  You put the board where it needs to be and bring the blade down through it.  Unless you screw up.

Two things were the primary causes of the accident.  That they happened at the same time caused it.

First off is that I was done.  Had literally just finished some significant remodeling and repairing in mom's basement.  The last baseboard was cut 15 minutes before the finger was.

I was cutting some scrap material in to shorter pieces just to make them easier to put in the small trash bin I had downstairs.  No finish or measured cuts.  Was in fact sliding the material to the saw and making one or two progressive cuts. 

In and of itself that wasn't enough carelessness to cause the deed.  It's a saw I'm very familiar with and always consider just where the left hand is before using the right to bring the saw down. 

As I was making these cuts something distracted me though.  I looked behind me to about my 7:00 o'clock position.  Thought I heard my mother stumble on the basement stairs.  So looked to my left as the left hand was moving toward the saw and the right hand was bringing the blade down.  That did it.

Had it been any other finish cut it wouldn't have happened.  The material would have been stationary.  Had I not looked away it wouldn't have happened.  Just the wrong series of things at the wrong time.

As is I could have done much worse though.  Had the left hand gone only a bit farther would have brought the saw down through my hand rather than (mostly) one finger.  So I'm not complaining. It was simple carelessness that could have been much worse and much more painful.  As is it's just a boo boo.

An inch one way and you are fine...an inch the other way and you cut your hand in half...  so a finger is just a compromise, right?

(I take it your mother didn't fall down the stairs??)
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9  All

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 22 queries.