Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19

Author Topic: Has anyone heard about the 2010 cvo models yet?  (Read 29201 times)

SE-Mike

• Junior CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 CVO FatBoy
    • CVO2: 2010 CVO Street Glide
Re: Has anyone heard about the 2010 cvo models yet?
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2009, 11:05:29 PM »

I would not rule out a FatBoy. I know they are not as popular as they used to be, but it is the 20th anniversery for that model.

Also would like to see something other than the 110. Maybe a 120 with dual throttle bodies and high flow SE air cleaners.  :bananarock:

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2009, 10:58:24 AM »

Actually I heard that there is going to be a 1200 CVO priced around $19k.

I also heard that after 4 years of Ultra's it'll be the Street Glide CVO,
sticking with the Road Glide for another year at least and
possibly a Heritage CVO.

There was lots of talk at the recent meetings in Orlando.
I can't see them dropping the Ultra. Those by far have been the most sought after. Plus being the "flag ship" of sorts. Also, the RK is somewhat of a limited market. While they certainly did well this year, there was a lot of pent up demand. I'm not sure they would do as well the second year. How knows?
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2009, 11:07:38 AM »

Actually I heard that there is going to be a 1200 CVO priced around $19k.

I also heard that after 4 years of Ultra's it'll be the Street Glide CVO,
sticking with the Road Glide for another year at least and
possibly a Heritage CVO.

There was lots of talk at the recent meetings in Orlando.

Actually the Sporty is probably more tunable now that some models are wet motors (oil cooled heads). So it may be like the old days when the Sporty ruled the line up.  Doc

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2009, 02:58:24 PM »

"if you think you know what they will do, your probally wrong....."
Agree with Neal......MOCO has always fooled most of us with their thinking about what the market wants.

The way we're headed it won't be long and MOCO will be putting out Hybrid scooters to keep us 'Green' !! Maybe the CVO line would get a mini nuke reactor for electrical source?  :huepfenjump3: :nixweiss:

Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

GOMO

• www.GOMOtorcycling.org
  • Junior CVO Member
    • GOMOtorcycling
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2009, 03:58:03 PM »

How about a Sportster done up with a Buell mill? Set it up like to old "cafe" sporty and instead of chroming do a dark version but dump the $$$ the motor and suspension. I could easily see one for $16-17K. Either that or do a vrod in the sport set up it was tested in - VR 1000. Could easily attract younger riders - sure won't hurt H-D to start getting more of them.
http://www.gomotorcycling.org
2007 Red FLHTCUSE2
MSF - RiderCoach New York State
American Iron Magazine - Safety Columnist
(http://www.aimag.com)
HOG -AMA - MRF -ABATE
Fred Rau Motorcycling
Online Touring Magazine
H-D Columnist
http://www.fredraumotorcycling.com

bogman

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: CVO-Softail-Springer-FXSTSSE3
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2009, 04:54:34 PM »

Give me a break guys, just after buying a 2009 model

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ex_Wingabego Rider & former Iron Butt riding fool

• CVO1: '09 SERG
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2009, 04:59:16 PM »

I am now also wondering what 2010 will bring... my orders to Hawaii were cancelled, so I am stuck in Japan UFN. My bike is scheduled for delivery 24 April, but I can still cancel the order. So my quandry is, do I press ahead with this order, knowing the bike may end up sitting in my mom's garage for what could be anything between a few months to a year... or do I cancel the order and jump back in when I know I'm headed back to the states.

Hate to have the bike just sitting there gathering dust... but I also love the yellow SERG, so I'm not sure I want to pass it up.   :confused5:

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2009, 05:10:07 PM »

I am now also wondering what 2010 will bring... my orders to Hawaii were cancelled, so I am stuck in Japan UFN. My bike is scheduled for delivery 24 April, but I can still cancel the order. So my quandry is, do I press ahead with this order, knowing the bike may end up sitting in my mom's garage for what could be anything between a few months to a year... or do I cancel the order and jump back in when I know I'm headed back to the states.

Hate to have the bike just sitting there gathering dust... but I also love the yellow SERG, so I'm not sure I want to pass it up.   :confused5:

You've definitely got a tough decision to make, but then as you can see, noone has a real clue what's coming next.  Those SERG's are a sweet ride and nobody here can tell you for sure if you'll ever see them again.  I actually think we'll see the Ultra and the Road Glide again next year...possibly with the Ultra offering the quick release tourpack and a rear end closer to the look of the SERG.  Now that I think about it, if they offered the SEUC with the SERG rear and removable tourpack, it might actually be worth a trade again.  That would be one nice machine.  Okay/....I've stopped daydreaming now.  As you already know, it's a decision you are going to have to make on your own and I don't think you'll come up with any conclusive input here.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2009, 06:30:00 PM »

I hope I don't eat my words, but my 2009 CVO Springer is the 1st and last bike I'll ever get. .... Plus I can't think of a better bike for me than what I have right now, just add saddle bags & chit deflector for the long rides! :coolblue: :coolblue: :coolblue:

Famous last words....   Remember these things are purchases of passion.  I thought my 04 RG was perfect until I saw the 09 SERG.  Never say never!  Just think of how much the MOCO has made off of all of us who had the same thought.   I think we may need a separate thread just to keep tract of the bets on how long it will be before DarkEagle takes the big step!  My money is on a bagger within 18 months!!   ;D

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2009, 06:57:51 PM »

Famous last words....   Remember these things are purchases of passion.  I thought my 04 RG was perfect until I saw the 09 SERG.  Never say never!  Just think of how much the MOCO has made off of all of us who had the same thought.   I think we may need a separate thread just to keep tract of the bets on how long it will be before DarkEagle takes the big step!  My money is on a bagger within 18 months!!   ;D

Betting against that would be a fool's bet.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2009, 07:33:36 PM »

If you seen my springer, you would know I would never trade it in for a bagger! Plus I have a friend with an 08 SEUC to admire without those payments also.

Really, I see the benefits of the SEUC over the SESS, but that is not my style. I'm looking forward to long rides on my SESS once I get the opportunity.

For now, and for quite a while, I will not be buying a bagger. But I will make sure I let everyone know so they can settle their bets. Ask me in 18 months. :coolblue: :coolblue: :coolblue:

Let us know in Sept 2011 what you are riding.  Certainly nothing wrong with the Springer.  That's why they make so many different models...we all have our own styles that we like.  I just have no will power.  I unknowingly walked into the dealer without any clue they had an 09 SEUC sitting there.  I wasn't in there for more than a minute when I handed over my driver's license and told the salesman to work out the deal.  I wasn't leaving without that bike.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2009, 07:41:38 PM »

DarkEagle, your Springer is beautiful. 

Many of us here had your attitude to start.  I did.  But, you've already expressed your desire for longer rides.  The more you ride, the more you like to ride, the more you want to go distance.  When that happens you want a touring bike.  Just the way it is!   :nixweiss:   :nixweiss:  I did not trade my Titan Gecko when I bought by first RG.  Soon after though, I knew that if I could only keep one... It would be the bagger.  Up in No. Cal. this would be even more true. 

Just my meaningless $.02....   ;)

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2009, 08:00:06 PM »

DarkEagle, your Springer is beautiful. 

Many of us here had your attitude to start.  I did.  But, you've already expressed your desire for longer rides.  The more you ride, the more you like to ride, the more you want to go distance.  When that happens you want a touring bike.  Just the way it is!   :nixweiss:   :nixweiss:  I did not trade my Titan Gecko when I bought by first RG.  Soon after though, I knew that if I could only keep one... It would be the bagger.  Up in No. Cal. this would be even more true. 

Just my meaningless $.02....   ;)

I had a RK Classic and added the tourpack day one.  After taking more long rides and overnighters, etc. I realized that I still didn't have enough room, especially to pack for two.  I knew I had to get an Ultra with a luggage rack.  I got together with the guy that bought my old bike a few days ago, and although I miss that bike, I'm very happy about the choice I made.

BMF-110

• " Ride Loud, Ride Proud "
  • Elite CVO Member
  • "Guess where"

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 SERT V&H Big Radius-SERT-Bags- Seat
    • CVO2: 1997 FXSTSB Too many things to mention
    • CVO3: 1982 XLCH Hardtail-Stretched&Lowered
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2009, 08:45:19 AM »

Hey DarkEagle been saying the same since mounting the Bad-Boy in 1997, Springers rule. Been loading her since (bags etc.but no windshield) I agree wholeheartedly I'de never get rid of the Bad-Boy or the new 09, but, (hate that part) for those 1000+ runs (with 5+ days on a trip) I may be ADDING an ultra just for the LLLLOOOOONNNNNGGGG Hauls but I dont feel I would abandon my first real love, Springers !! Most of our riding consists of 250 or less so the need for the extended comfort has always been low on the totum pole, The only thing we could hope for would be a 2010 Screamin Eagle Ultra Springer (hell I even like the name)  Would have all the bells and whistles of the ultra with a beautifully detailed Springer front end (cant wait to get nailed with this 1 but go ahead) Hold on guys I"m callin the head honchos at the MoCo, be rite back!!

I dont think I'd count the Springers out for 2010, I have not seen a Springer manage any more than a week on the flloor before being purchased, but there are SERG"s,Ultra"s virtually 1 of every model and the staff always comments on the people asking wheres the bike that was on the carousel (at my house, DA!!)

"SPRINGERS RULE"
"Courage is fear that has said its prayers"

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2009, 09:34:19 AM »

Hey DarkEagle been saying the same since mounting the Bad-Boy in 1997, Springers rule. Been loading her since (bags etc.but no windshield) I agree wholeheartedly I'de never get rid of the Bad-Boy or the new 09, but, (hate that part) for those 1000+ runs (with 5+ days on a trip) I may be ADDING an ultra just for the LLLLOOOOONNNNNGGGG Hauls but I dont feel I would abandon my first real love, Springers !! Most of our riding consists of 250 or less so the need for the extended comfort has always been low on the totum pole, The only thing we could hope for would be a 2010 Screamin Eagle Ultra Springer (hell I even like the name)  Would have all the bells and whistles of the ultra with a beautifully detailed Springer front end (cant wait to get nailed with this 1 but go ahead) Hold on guys I"m callin the head honchos at the MoCo, be rite back!!

I dont think I'd count the Springers out for 2010, I have not seen a Springer manage any more than a week on the flloor before being purchased, but there are SERG"s,Ultra"s virtually 1 of every model and the staff always comments on the people asking wheres the bike that was on the carousel (at my house, DA!!)

"SPRINGERS RULE"

Well, if you know someone looking for the 09 Springer, it seems like every dealer over this way is still sitting with the same Dyna and Springer that they got in last year.  For some reason, neither of those seems to be moving at all.  The Ultra and RG are almost unheard of sitting more than a day or two.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19

Page created in 0.234 seconds with 21 queries.