Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Harley garage door opener  (Read 753 times)

karl

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
    • CVO2: FLSTFSE-sold
Harley garage door opener
« on: March 20, 2009, 06:42:21 PM »

Has anyone installed the Harley garage door transmiter on their SE Road Glide?  The instructions call for you to grab power from the orange w/strip wire used for the Euro day time driving lights.  I have power at the wire with the ign on.  It also tells you to cut the yellow and white on the head light plug and tie it into the yellow and white from the transmitter. Tie the ground from the transmitter into the ground.  Did all that... have installed 5 of these things in the past and nothing?  The head light I tied into doesn't come on?  WTH..... help...

LETS_ROLL

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you're happy and you know it, Punch the Clown!!
Re: Harley garage door opener
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 07:18:33 PM »

I did mine 2 weeks ago and it works.  Is your transmitter red led flickering when you activate it?  I also didn't cut anything, I just used some of those tapping connectors. Maybe unhook it, get it back to stock.  Make sure the headlight works.  Then do it again. Let's Roll
LET'S ROLL
2009 FLTRSE3
2011 FLHXSE2

Highwaystar

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 SE Fat Boy
    • CVO2: Blown 150HP 09 SE Road Glide
    • CVO3: No need to go further!
Re: Harley garage door opener
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 07:30:49 PM »

I installed it last week and it works great, check my post. If you install Xenon HID lamps for $120, one of the two headlamp plugs will then be open for the HD garage door opener to plug into with out cutting or altering any wiring! :2vrolijk_21:   http://www.xenonlink.com/index.php?cPath=36_53
HWStar - Pro Charger; 153 hp 136 ft lbs, Jackpot header, 2-1/4 Fullsac's, TTS and PC-V with auto-tune, Dynojet Quick shifter, Xenon HI/low.

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 21 queries.