Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Trip To Traxxion Dynamics  (Read 5328 times)

04se103

Trip To Traxxion Dynamics
« on: March 21, 2009, 12:16:35 AM »

Well I finally got the time to carry my 04 Seeg to Traxxion this week had the AK20s and the Bitubos installed. Have not had time to really ride to see what the ride will be like. But did notice a big difference yesterday while going over a bridge were the joint between the two surfaces meet the bike would bottom out hard not any more with Traxxion.

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
Re: Trip To Traxxion Dynamics
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 10:02:25 PM »

stayed sunday nite in north ga after the ribfest so we could make our appointment for monday @ traxxion. it only took two days to get them done. we were evacuated on monday because of a 6" gas pipe leak, a little more than a leak. but thats another story.:nervous:
anyhow the folks were great, good business practice and what a different ride. :2vrolijk_21: ;D :2vrolijk_21:

i had the ak-20 upgrade along with the 12" bitubos. i'm spoiled now. the best 23 hundred upgrade i've done. :drink:

TN

did i say how much i like them. :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
Wut the hell was that maneuver

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 10:10:35 PM »

stayed sunday nite in north ga after the ribfest so we could make our appointment for monday @ traxxion. it only took two days to get them done. we were evacuated on monday because of a 6" gas pipe leak, a little more than a leak. but thats another story.:nervous:
anyhow the folks were great, good business practice and what a different ride. :2vrolijk_21: ;D :2vrolijk_21:

i had the ak-20 upgrade along with the 12" bitubos. i'm spoiled now. the best 23 hundred upgrade i've done. :drink:

TN

did i say how much i like them.
:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Didn't I tell you so?

04se103

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 10:48:14 PM »

TN world of difference in the ride on these bike's when you change to the Traxxion AK20's and the Bitubos best money I have spent :2vrolijk_21: Can't wait till I can get my 09 Serg done ;D
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 11:26:16 PM by 04se103 »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 01:11:06 AM »

Max ought to send me another t-shirt for finding his place way back when.  I cost lots of you bastards lots of of $$$ :huepfenlol2: .

PR3VS56

• Elite CVO Member
    • BlackSheep Harley-Davidsons for Christ
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 02:22:49 AM »

I just took my first long ride with the Bitubos -- pulled over 3 times dialing them in.  Each time I get a little closer & it's starting to feel real nice.  

One question I have, maybe someone can help me.  The compression dial, on the external cylinder, there's an H and an S with arrows pointing away from themselves.  If I want a softer compression, do I turn it away from the S (as the arrow indicates) or toward the S?  It's weird, they should have it like the rebound markings.  Do I turn it like the rebound markings, or opposite as the arrow might be interpreted?   :confused5:

Redline V-Twin Syn 20W50 (winter), 20W60 (summer) in the crank case.
Redline Heavy Shockproof in the tranny.
Amsoil Super Shift Syn ATF in the primary.

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 03:01:05 AM »

Max ought to send me another t-shirt for finding his place way back when.  I cost lots of you bastards lots of of $$$ :huepfenlol2: .

Kiss my...

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009, 03:02:32 AM »

I just took my first long ride with the Bitubos -- pulled over 3 times dialing them in.  Each time I get a little closer & it's starting to feel real nice.  

One question I have, maybe someone can help me.  The compression dial, on the external cylinder, there's an H and an S with arrows pointing away from themselves.  If I want a softer compression, do I turn it away from the S (as the arrow indicates) or toward the S?  It's weird, they should have it like the rebound markings.  Do I turn it like the rebound markings, or opposite as the arrow might be interpreted?   :confused5:

Turn it towards the "S" for softer.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 04:46:42 AM »

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2009, 08:31:52 AM »

we got a free nite at the hampton inn, a beautiful black tee, some stickers on my chrome forks, and last but not least a bike that handles better than i thought  possible.

try running freon in the tires. is my next move. :-*

i have too much time on my hands right now cause weather is not cooperating with us for riding :(

guess i'll try a paddle fer a day er two

TN

TN

PR3VS56

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2009, 09:38:45 AM »

Turn it towards the "S" for softer.

OK, and because I'm so twisted with this for some straaaaange reason (weird!), just to absolutely positively double darn sure confirm, if there were a hash mark on the cylinder I would want to move the S towards the hash mark.  Right?   

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2009, 06:35:54 PM »

OK, and because I'm so twisted with this for some straaaaange reason (weird!), just to absolutely positively double darn sure confirm, if there were a hash mark on the cylinder I would want to move the S towards the hash mark.  Right?   

Move it towards the hash mark. Better yet, COUNT THE # OF CLICKS and turn it towards "H". As you turn it, it should become harder. Now, turn it back towards "S" the same # of clicks or to the point you want.

PR3VS56

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2009, 01:38:28 AM »

Move it towards the hash mark. Better yet, COUNT THE # OF CLICKS and turn it towards "H". As you turn it, it should become harder. Now, turn it back towards "S" the same # of clicks or to the point you want.

Yep, that's it, now I got it.  Thank you very much!  

Good news, bad news.

Good news, the more I dial it in, the sweeter the REAR ride.  You can guess the bad news ($$A$K$2$0$$)  ;)

megavolt17

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2009, 03:58:18 AM »

I have the same setup (installed just prior to moving for 3 years to Germany) and to be honest it is like a brand new bike.  The bike used to make me a bit anxious if I was going down hill and had to take a quick turn as it felt "unstable", although it never actually did anything unexpected.

I don't think my full bagger will out-corner a sports bike with this setup, but it feels much more solid on the twisties and switchbacks over here and I keep up with most of them when I chose to.

I have not messed with the dial on the Bitubo, or the settings for the Traxxion.  Seems to be a little harsh for 1 up, and about perfect for 2 up riding.  Even though I had them set my bike to be 1" lower than stock i hardly ever scrape the floorboards with this setting.

I wonder how much of the Harley wobble blamed on lack of frame or swingarm stiffness is actually suspension related?  For the price of the bikes this setup should be standard, or at least a suspension upgrade option.
Megavolt17

2008 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic Electra Glide (FLHTCUSE3)
105th Anniversary Crystal Copper and Black Onyx
HD High Intensity Discharge (HID) Dual Bulb Headlamp
HD Illuminated LED Windshield Molding Kit
HD Air Wing Tour-Pak Luggage Rack with Smoked Lens LED Rack Light
Küryakyn Panacea Blue Dot Smoked LED Taillights and Turn Signals
"Roll Your Own" SE Air Cleaner
SE Street Performance Touring Mufflers
SE Race Tuner
Traxxion AK-20 cartridges
Bitubo HD 300mm shocks

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2009, 10:19:52 AM »

got my first chance to really try the traxxion suspension out this am. :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

i have no paperwork on these yet, anyone care to share? i have played with the rear settings a bit. seems like they set it up in the middle of the road.  went with stock height. :orange: :orange: :orange:

TN

did i say how sweet it is?? :orange:
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 22 queries.