Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: tire pressure 2005 vrscse with stock tires?  (Read 6807 times)

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
tire pressure 2005 vrscse with stock tires?
« on: March 22, 2009, 07:22:21 PM »

Does any SE Vrod owners know proper tire pressure off the top of your head?  Front tire seems low, but all I can remember right now is tire pressure for SEEG.  I hate to go all the way home just to look it up when I can start this thread from my phone while I am out.  Help please?
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
Re: tire pressure 2005 vrscse with stock tires?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 07:26:48 PM »

Does any SE Vrod owners know proper tire pressure off the top of your head?  Front tire seems low, but all I can remember right now is tire pressure for SEEG.  I hate to go all the way home just to look it up when I can start this thread from my phone while I am out.  Help please?

Try reading what is written on the tire!

:nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 06:32:04 PM »

You know yesterday I thought of that and that is why I didn't look it up before I went, but I didn't see it.  Of course, it was no help with three teenage guys ogling the bike!  I even inquired as to why it wasn't on motorcycle tires when it always in on car tires and there's a plate inside most car doors or in the dash with recommended pressure, but I swear I didn't see it last.  It bothered me so bad that I didn't see that I went outside to look again after I read your post.  I still didn't see it, but didn't go so far as to pull out a flashlight and the flourescent bulbs are crap!  So, today, I pulled it out of the garage and looked twice.  It was on the front one right behind the fork of course.  On the rear tire, it was on the opposite side and very hard to read.  So Chip, you were right!  Ironically, both have same minimum pressure (42psi) but with differing max pressure (55 front, 82.7psi rear) and none of those numbers are what the guy at the shop told me (36-38 front, 40 rear).  Time to go find the book!!

In the meantime, what tire pressure do other owners ride with?  Who has an 2005 with the 180 tire?   

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

CVOMOE!!

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • BC

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 06:50:34 PM »

Hi.  Go with the 38 front and 40 rear.  You can't go wrong with that.

Cheers, Moe
2005 FLHTCSE2 - Banana - Sold
Freedom Tru-duals
Power Commander
Dyno tuned
Now a 107" with Cycle Shack exhaust and Race Tuner
2007 BMW1200GS - What a hoot - Sold May 2010
2011 Triumph Tiger 800 - Sold
2011 Kawasaki KLR 650 - Sold
2009 Kawasaki KLR 650 - Sold
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere - Sold
2014 Yamaha XT250 - Sold
2014 BMW F800GS - Sold
2014 Kawasaki KLX 351
2017 Triumph Explorer 1200
2017 Harley Ultra Classic Ltd

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 06:59:03 PM »

Thanks, CM!  That's what Fergie put in it.  I won't tell you how low it was when I left the dealership!  And that was after I called and told them I was picking it up and asked service to make sure it was ready to go. 

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 08:37:11 PM »

V as a lady it should be easy.

As a man, reading the directions is usually the last thing I do.
So for me,,,,,if all else fails, I read the tire!

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 08:53:25 PM »

Yep, you're right!  I should have walked around and checked out the other side of the tire.  Kind of dumb on my part!!   After finding it though I was surprised that both had same minimum tire pressure.  Kind of baffles me since they are not even close in size!

So you gonna buy the firemedic's Vrod?  I just checked out that thread while considering listing mine on here again.  I just my insurance renewal so it's time to seriously try and sell one of them.  Unfortunately, I think I'll have better luck selling the Banana.  My Vrod has been at the dealer since October with a price tag of $17k with no bites.  I told them to lower it to $15k in January.  Still no buyers or lookers for that matter, but they would have had to see it on the internet because they moved all the consignment bikes over in the service bay when the 09's starting rolling in!  No one ever saw them, but what can you say?  I rode the Vrod out Sunday and parked it on the sidewalk while I ate and talked to 04SE103.  I think more people looked at it then than the entire time it was there. 

They had a SEFB on their racedeck flooring display and it got a lot of lookers but they want about $5k too much!  I think the next time I go to one of those big sales events, I'll take a for sale sign and put it on the Banana right out front with a friendly disclaimer...."Harley financing available...Inquire inside!" 

Have fun at Deal's Gap!  Hopefully you can line all the models up together and get lots of great photos! 
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 08:58:20 PM by TheVgirl »

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 21 queries.