Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Hog Tunes speaker opinions  (Read 8958 times)

SERYDER

Re: Hog Tunes speaker opinions
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2009, 09:25:08 PM »

I purchased and installed mine when this site set up a discount purchase deal with the manufacturer (seems to me, around 05,06). I have been very pleased with them ever since. I do remember you needed to let them know they are to be installed in an SE when you order them due to the amp on the bike. Hog Tunes was real helpfull back then and I recamend them to anyone. There should be a thread in this sites archives somewhere with allot of technical info. Good luck
04 FLHTCSE Blue
01 FLTRI W/ 95ci SE top end
51 Pan
74 NORTON 850 Commando "HI-RIDER"

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2009, 06:13:13 AM »

I purchased and installed mine when this site set up a discount purchase deal with the manufacturer (seems to me, around 05,06). I have been very pleased with them ever since. I do remember you needed to let them know they are to be installed in an SE when you order them due to the amp on the bike. Hog Tunes was real helpfull back then and I recamend them to anyone. There should be a thread in this sites archives somewhere with allot of technical info. Good luck
I think back in the day, Don had installed his speakers and included pictures of socks over the headlamps.  That was what helped my non mechanical husband to be brave enough to pull the front fairing off of his bike, whose speakers had quit working just before the VA HOG Rally of the day.  The speakers were truly just plug and play.  I mean, you unplugged the stock speakers and plugged in the new ones, and put it all back together. If you are not adding anything else, it is truly easy to do. 

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2009, 02:51:11 PM »

I have had Hog Tunes in my last 5 bikes, I just installed the new "Hybrid" speakers from Pez, along with the "Hog Pod",,,,,,,WOW!!!!!!!!!!!
WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!!!!!! PEZ IS GREAT TO DEAL WITH!!
2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2009, 12:03:18 AM »

This past weekend, while we stopped to eat on the way to York, I listened to the Hog Tunes speakers on hdbrad03's SERG next to my SEUC.  You could hear the difference.  The Hog Tunes were a much fuller sound with more clarity.

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2009, 05:10:05 AM »

This past weekend, while we stopped to eat on the way to York, I listened to the Hog Tunes speakers on hdbrad03's SERG next to my SEUC.  You could hear the difference.  The Hog Tunes were a much fuller sound with more clarity.

You'll notice them even more on the highway. That's where the excell in comparison to stock.

86 N 04

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2009, 10:31:51 AM »

I replaced the stock speakers on my 04 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide, as you are aware that model only has the two speakers in the fairing. They made a difference over the stock, but I am still not satisified. I have been looking at Hawg Tunes and Uniq Sounds for further upgrades. I am hoping for opininons from those who have changed to one of these higher end systems on wheather they were pleased with the two speakers or wheather you put speakers in the lower fairings? Are hear great things about Hawg Tunes but they are big bucks and am considering the upper and lowers with the three amps. Has anyone done just the uppers and felt the need to do the lowers as well?   

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2009, 10:43:41 AM »

I have the Hawg Wired system with the big amp. The sound is much fuller and better but, I really would like more volume as I always have it up as high as it goes. Seems like it should really crank but not. I thought about half way should be blasting but no. Anyone have any ideas for more volume besides adding another 1500 for loud lids.

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2009, 08:58:55 PM »

I put in the HOG TUNES front & rear speakers, added the HT speakers in the lowers and finished it off with the HOG POD on the dash.

Amazing sound at half volume, and even better at higher!  Can't say enough about the system and the great service received from PEZ at HOG TUNES.
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2009, 08:28:20 PM »

Hogtunes Hog Pod installed. Sounds great and looks great too!! I was going to paint it twilight blue but it  matches the stereo. 

Now you just threw me for a loop.  I just ordered the 6 speaker setup today, and I thought I would wait on the Pod until I had time to get it painted.  After seeing yours, and what you said about it matching the stereo, now I'm wondering if I should just order the Pod tomorrow and forget about having it painted.  Do you think the Pod adds a lot to the sound or not?  Frankly, I was hoping that the  speaker setup might be good enough.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2009, 05:26:43 AM »

Now you just threw me for a loop.  I just ordered the 6 speaker setup today, and I thought I would wait on the Pod until I had time to get it painted.  After seeing yours, and what you said about it matching the stereo, now I'm wondering if I should just order the Pod tomorrow and forget about having it painted.  Do you think the Pod adds a lot to the sound or not?  Frankly, I was hoping that the  speaker setup might be good enough.
well Dave, there ya go, add that to the list.
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2009, 08:15:24 AM »

Yup, they open at 9am

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2009, 08:39:32 PM »

Received my Hog Tunes speakers today, and took the 10 minutes to put the rear ones in right away.  I've never had my outer fairing off myself and I'm a bit apprehensive, but I think I'm going to go for it.  I think the only part I am really worried about is the fairing lowers.  After reading through the directions online, I'm a bit confused about where the wires will go exactly and what's involved in cutting things out of the lowers, and exactly where to drill the holes.  Maybe the directions in the box are better, and maybe once I get the glove box and the top cap off the lower out of the way, it will all make more sense to me.  I think I'm going to start on it tonight, and I figure I can take as long as Monday to get it all back together, since my Hog Pod probably won't be here until then anyway.  I'm really hoping that it's going smoothly tonight and I am comfortable with walking away and finishing it in the morning, if not a real smooth effort and finish it yet tonight.  Anyway, is there anyone out there that has installed the complete setup themselves, in case I need someone to send a PM for questions?  Thanks all...you've managed to get me to spend more money once again.

One other thing.  I am assuming that since there are 2 headlamp bulbs, I will need to disconnect the headlamp in 2 spots instead of one????

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2009, 02:19:15 AM »

There's nothing like a late night in the garage!

Hope everything is going OK for you???

Your trickiest install will be the HOGPOD because of the drilling required, but the instructions are very good and using the template supplied makes it a snap.

With the lowers all you have to do is cut off the snap buttons after removing the rubber doors... This is where the screws go to hold the speakers in place.  The wires from the lowers run along the top of the engine guard to the neck of the frame and then up inside the front fairing (real easy install).  Some don't like the 3-4" of wire that will show on the top of the guard so they go to the trouble of drilling the engine guard inside each of the lower caps and then a single hole is drilled in the center of the engine guard where it bolts to the frame. Then you have to fish the wires through the engine guard and up into the fairing and no one will ever notice them.  I believe most do not do this much work because no one ever sees the wire running along the top anyway, at least no one has ever noticed mine.

Good luck with the install.
Grizzly

PS - When it's all done you're going to love the super sound of your new system!
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2009, 02:48:51 AM »

There's nothing like a late night in the garage!

Hope everything is going OK for you???

Your trickiest install will be the HOGPOD because of the drilling required, but the instructions are very good and using the template supplied makes it a snap.

With the lowers all you have to do is cut off the snap buttons after removing the rubber doors... This is where the screws go to hold the speakers in place.  The wires from the lowers run along the top of the engine guard to the neck of the frame and then up inside the front fairing (real easy install).  Some don't like the 3-4" of wire that will show on the top of the guard so they go to the trouble of drilling the engine guard inside each of the lower caps and then a single hole is drilled in the center of the engine guard where it bolts to the frame. Then you have to fish the wires through the engine guard and up into the fairing and no one will ever notice them.  I believe most do not do this much work because no one ever sees the wire running along the top anyway, at least no one has ever noticed mine.

Good luck with the install.
Grizzly

PS - When it's all done you're going to love the super sound of your new system!

Installing the Hog Pod looks like it should be one of the easiest things to do, at least from watching their video.  Thanks to your explanation, I now understand the lower fairings.  I thought they were talking about something inside and behind the glove box liner that needed cut off.  I was trying to figure out how I was going to get in there to cut something off and just decided when I took off the caps, it would be easier.  It makes sense now.  The only problem I ran into so far was trying to get the cover off the battery to connect the amp power cable.  I didn't get real far tonight and I'm dropping the bike at the dealer tomorrow morning, so I had to put it all back together for now.  I wouldn't have even started on this if I remembered that I had to put it all back together again tonight.

I hope I like it when it's all done.  I don't even have the Hog Pod here yet.  It should be here tomorrow or Monday, so I'm hoping to have the rest completed by then.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 21 queries.