Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: Rain gear  (Read 28075 times)

RickC

• When I was 42, I was the answer life, the universe and everything. Now, I'm all that *and* a side of fries!
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHR Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust **TRADED**
    • CVO3: 2010 FXDF Vivd Black **TRADED** | 2007 FLTR Vivid Black / Red (a/k/a "Red Nipples") **TRADED** | 2005 FLTRI Black Pearl / Grey (a/k/a "The Black Pearl") **TRADED**
    • Rick Rocks On!
Re: Rain gear
« Reply #180 on: February 19, 2009, 09:11:28 AM »

Frogtogs. look ridiculous.

Not to mention, Frogtogs will make a nasty mess on a hot pipe. Ruined a black ceramic D&D FatCat like that. The Frogtogs were cheap, but the price of replacing a FatCat made for an expensive rain suit!

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #182 on: March 23, 2009, 09:36:32 AM »

I haven't been able to find a GOOD rainsuit that packs small.  Anyone that does, please share.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #183 on: March 23, 2009, 09:43:34 AM »

I haven't been able to find a GOOD rainsuit that packs small.  Anyone that does, please share.  spyder

That High Visibility Rain Suit seems to be decent quality and it comes with a fairly small bag that it's supposed to fit into, however when I asked at the shop if it will fit, he just laughed and said good luck.  I'm assuming it would be a pretty good struggle to get it in there, but I may go back and have them try to see if it will fit or not.  I can get the Overpass II into two 2-gallon bags, but they won't stay compressed and still take up a good bit of room.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #184 on: March 23, 2009, 09:57:28 AM »

yeah, I've got the high-vis. rain suit.....good, but takes up quite a bit of saddlebag space.  :( spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #185 on: March 23, 2009, 05:44:16 PM »

yeah, I've got the high-vis. rain suit.....good, but takes up quite a bit of saddlebag space.  :( spyder

I guess that means it doesn't fit in the bag that comes with it.  I guess I'll have to live with what I have until I find something else I like.  I've seen some others that I liked, but none of them have the heat shields on the legs, and I refuse to get something that's going to melt on my pipes.

Red07

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #186 on: April 04, 2009, 06:48:52 PM »

I guess that means it doesn't fit in the bag that comes with it.  I guess I'll have to live with what I have until I find something else I like.  I've seen some others that I liked, but none of them have the heat shields on the legs, and I refuse to get something that's going to melt on my pipes.

I used mine a couple weekend ago kept me dry rode from Henryetta, Ok to Paris, Tx in hard rain and wind and was able to get back in the bag.

Walt
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 22 queries.