Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Exhaust Alternative? Vance and Hines Straightshots Slip ons vs. Rush Slip Ons  (Read 5254 times)

bigbzhd

Anyone have any experience with either one of these slip ons on their CVO?
How do they sounds in comparison? Any differences in the HP and TQ?
Anyone recommend any other brand slip on?

I have been contemplating going this route to maintain the same look as stock.

-Big B

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom

I heard only great things about Rush products...   I'd try them first.   Was thinking about changing my Rinehart TD system out too.. I held off thinking I'd have to re-map my PC.   So i didn't as of yet. I Like the look of their systems and they sound great too. Let me know what you end up doing.

copper

I have the vance and hines slip ons and love them sound and it dynoed perfect....

good luck

bigbzhd

Well... I ended up going an entirely different route... I really liked the looks of the Samson Caliper 2 into 1 exhaust.
It seems like there could have been issues with the Vance and Hines 2 into 1 Big Radius due to the passenger footpeg.  I looked into several 2 into 1 exhausts as well as 2 into 2 and the simple slip-on route...

I chose Samson Caliper due to the look and warranty.  I must say, the stock exhaust in California is very restrictive (noise and performance).  My CVO is like a brand new bike... It really waked up the 110!.... See the pics attached...

Next stop - Screaming Eagle Heavy Breather Aircleaner and Power Commander V with custom tune from Dynojet.
I might be heading out to Vegas soon or possible Laughlin this weekend to talk to these folks and have the bike dyno'd.

rbaker

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5

Well... I ended up going an entirely different route... I really liked the looks of the Samson Caliper 2 into 1 exhaust.
It seems like there could have been issues with the Vance and Hines 2 into 1 Big Radius due to the passenger footpeg.  I looked into several 2 into 1 exhausts as well as 2 into 2 and the simple slip-on route...

I chose Samson Caliper due to the look and warranty.  I must say, the stock exhaust in California is very restrictive (noise and performance).  My CVO is like a brand new bike... It really waked up the 110!.... See the pics attached...

Next stop - Screaming Eagle Heavy Breather Aircleaner and Power Commander V with custom tune from Dynojet.
I might be heading out to Vegas soon or possible Laughlin this weekend to talk to these folks and have the bike dyno'd.

My V/H fit under the rear footpegs area.....and then I replaced them with footboards.......

:pineapple: :pineapple: :pineapple:
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 09:11:27 PM by rbaker »

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 21 queries.