Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All

Author Topic: Stock seat has got to go!!  (Read 14319 times)

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
Re: Stock seat has got to go!!
« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2006, 12:59:00 PM »

Thumbscrew pic..... I will be here until Wednesday morning, then heading down to Corolla to stay at my sister's place until Friday.
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

hogasm

« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2006, 02:07:43 PM »

Went back through all 59 pages for the  SEEG's looking for seats. Found this thread. Looks like the Corbin touring seat with or without heat is the leader so far.

I have no problems with the stock seat but this trip to Nelson is going to cost me one way or another.  Ship bikes or buy new seats [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Oh well like the old saying   " You can't take it with you "

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2006, 02:36:20 PM »

I have no problems with the stock seat but this trip to Nelson is going to cost me one way or another.
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

hogasm

« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2006, 04:14:29 PM »

D00d,  Kathy has a Mustang low profile solo seat. It makes me feel like I am eating the windshield.

I would much rather keep the stock seat, but if we ride together to Nelson on my scoot she needs a passanger seat that she will be comfy on.

Have to keep her happy [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

iamtrker2

« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2006, 01:02:00 AM »

Now they yell me that the studs pull out! Well does anybody have any ideas how to fix this problem, with Mustang seats.
Just had 1 stud pull out and the company i bought the seat from has said they will replace the seat, Mustang will not repair it if you bought it from a dealer other than them. Problem is that i also bought the sissy bar pad and drivers backrest
with studs, warranty wont last forever and this looks like an ongoing problem.
Any ideas would help, i thought about asking the company i bought from if i could get the same seat w/o studs and just have to eat the other stuff.

Thanks
Ernie [smiley=oops.gif]

hogasm

« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2006, 08:24:49 AM »

Now they yell me that the studs pull out! Well does anybody have any ideas how to fix this problem, with Mustang seats.
Just had 1 stud pull out and the company i bought the seat from has said they will replace the seat, Mustang will not repair it if you bought it from a dealer other than them. Problem is that i also bought the sissy bar pad and drivers backrest
with studs, warranty wont last forever and this looks like an ongoing problem.
Any ideas would help, i thought about asking the company i bought from if i could get the same seat w/o studs and just have to eat the other stuff.

Thanks
Ernie [smiley=oops.gif]

Ernie,  Go to the Mustang vendor at any bike event and they will fix it for you.

hogasm

« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2007, 10:08:25 PM »

Now this is what I call someone going beyond the call of duty!!!!!!!

I tried to get up with Pete 4854 while I was in Va for the hollidays. We were unable to meet up with each other. After I returned home the cell phone rang. It was Pete. He was going to bring his Corbin seat down for Kathy and I to try it out.

That is what I love about this site [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] Again thank you Pete, you went way out of your way. And thank you Neil for putting together this site.

Hogasm

ps.  I think I am going with the Corbin, now can't make up my mind to go with heat or not.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2007, 10:14:19 PM »

Nice job, Pete!

Bungy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Keep your stick on the ice
    • AB

• CVO1: '08 SEUC annie
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2007, 01:02:40 AM »

By all means go w/ the heat. Even if the weathers warm that heat under your butt feels sooooooooo goooooooooooood about the 10th hour into a 14 hr ride!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 01:03:40 AM by bungy »
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2007, 10:50:30 AM »

Yea, B...even if you don't use the heat much, it's there when you need it, and with the bride on back, she'll like it.  As much as you ride, and with some of the places you go, the heat will be used if it's there. You might need it in Canada this year for sure!!  It's another one of those things that you don't think you need 'till you have it...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Black_Dog

• Full CVO Member
  • CVO Forum Member #157
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2007, 12:02:52 PM »

I have the Sundowner Touring Seat p/n 51093-04A, great seat only $325 and my passenger loves it.

Black Dog[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
2004 FLHTCSE

hogasm

« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2007, 11:36:09 AM »

Rode down to Orlando to see Unballanced and his lovely wife. U. and I rode to Corbin to try out the heated version of seat that Pete let me try. I could feel no difference in the way the seat felt in the two. I guess in the long run the heated version would take longer to break in, but would probably wear out sooner since there is less pading because of the heating element.

Can't make up my mind yet.

hogasm

« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2007, 11:38:28 AM »

Rode down to Orlando to see Unballanced and his lovely wife. U. and I rode to Corbin to try out the heated version of seat that Pete let me try. I could feel no difference in the way the seat felt in the two. I guess in the long run the heated version would take longer to break in, but would probably wear out sooner since there is less pading because of the heating element.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2007, 02:09:19 PM »

Brian, I had 125,000 miles on two Corbins on the Road Kings prior to the SEEG.  Went straight from them to the SEEG.  My ass notices no real difference between the prior non-heated versions and this heated one after the break in time was done.  The heated one does 800-1000 miles does as readily as did the ones before.  

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2007, 02:22:29 PM »

I'll be trying out the comfort stitch in a few days, found one on ebay for 150 bucks. I think we'll like that one. Dont need heat here in AZ!
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 22 queries.