Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rivera Pro Clutch  (Read 2915 times)

JWKHD1

• Junior CVO Member
Rivera Pro Clutch
« on: April 05, 2009, 08:02:01 AM »

I am in the process of installing a Pro Clutch in my 05 Road Glide 103.The bike is equipped with a Screamin'Eagle hydraulic clutch.Upon reassembly the clutch actuation rod w/pressure plate will not seat deep enough to contact the clutch pack.it appears about 7/32 too long.Did I miss something?
2005 Road Glide  htcc 103

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
Re: Rivera Pro Clutch
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 10:44:16 AM »

Your best bet is to contact Jim (HD-Dude).  He's put them in both of my bikes and quite a few others.
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 11:15:17 AM »

If memory serves correctly the Rivera kits have some guidance that you have to "adjust" the pushrod length yourself to use their kit in a hydraulic clutch bike.  At least that's how it was the last time I used one 3.5 or 4 years ago.  Too late now since your parts are bought but Barnett has a clutch kit made specifically for the hydraulic units.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 11:41:49 AM »

You do need to shorten the clutch rod. I do not have the measurements at home but can post them tomorrow for you. The initial measurements given to me by Rivera were too short and I had to replace a rod. Also be sure you have the kits that is designed for the Hydro clutch, it has a bearing in the clutch pressure plate.

JWKHD1

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 11:52:28 AM »

Thanks Jim.The clutch I have is Drag Specialties #1131-0911 with the variable pressure plate assembly.Instructions included are for non-hydraulic clutch and I could not find any instructions on their website.I would appreciate the measurment and instructions for shortening the rod.thanks again.  Wayne

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 11:55:24 AM »

Thanks Jim.The clutch I have is Drag Specialties #1131-0911 with the variable pressure plate assembly.Instructions included are for non-hydraulic clutch and I could not find any instructions on their website.I would appreciate the measurment and instructions for shortening the rod.thanks again.  Wayne

Wayne;
That clutch with the VPC will not fit behind the stock cover. Will do on the measurements.

JWKHD1

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 07:33:49 PM »

Jim,the measurement I got from Rivera is 14.25".is this correct?I also ordered the spacer.Would have been nice if the drag catalogue had mentioned this!

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009, 08:26:55 PM »

Jim,the measurement I got from Rivera is 14.25".is this correct?I also ordered the spacer.Would have been nice if the drag catalogue had mentioned this!

NO!
 15" end to end is what I have been using.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2009, 08:36:48 PM »

I know Hogasm (Brian) also went through this with the pro clutch and the hydrollic on his 04.   My pro clutch served my roadking well.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

JWKHD1

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2009, 09:17:05 PM »

Thanks Jim.I owe you one.

JWKHD1

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2009, 07:05:30 PM »

Thanks to HD-Dudes info I was able to complete the installation.I ordered the spacer from Rivera for the derby cover and though it seemed to have enough clearance w/o it i put it on anyway.Despite the 40 degree temps on Saturday I road tested it.only went about 12 miles but it seemed fine,no slip,no chatter no vibrations an no drag.Just ordered floorboard spacers from Harley Goodies as Soos is outof stock.Next is a chrome oil filter mount and braided steel lines for the oil cooler,Billet pushrod tubes.and chrome handle bar switches.New floorboards are on the list as soon as I decide what I want.I'm leaning toward the tapered boards from the Softail deluxe,with matching passenger boards.Another choice is the Kury ISO boards, although I have not seen a set in person the look good in the magazines.Again thanks to all who offered advice on this project.Although my Road Glide is not a CVO I think this site is the best Harley site on the Web.  Wayne

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 21 queries.