Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8 [All]

Author Topic: Original Swat Boots.........  (Read 38682 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Original Swat Boots.........
« on: April 05, 2009, 12:02:55 PM »

A number of us in Nor Cal wear the Original Swat Boots and we get asked about them from time to time.  For those that were asking yesterday, I just decided to post a thread.......

These boots are the lightest weight boots I've ever picked up and are actually more comortable than my tennis shoes (which means that's one less thing that I have to pack). 

I wear the 9" Classic side zip during the summer and this was my first introduction to the Original Swat boots.  However, for the winter travel, I also have the rain proof boots in side zip.

I have nerve damage in my left leg and foot, from my accident.......this is the first boot that I can wear and either stand in or walk in all day long and still be comfortable.  I guess there's a reason all the law enforcement all over the country wear them.

Here's a link to the Original Swat web site..........   http://www.originalswat.com/productdetail.php?product_id=NTY=&category_id=MTA=

And here's a link to a quick inernet search for the best price, $58.......  http://www.baumshoe.com/servlet/the-641/Original-Swat-Boots-dsh--Classic/Detail
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
Re: Original Swat Boots.........
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 07:08:41 PM »

A number of us in Nor Cal wear the Original Swat Boots and we get asked about them from time to time.  For those that were asking yesterday, I just decided to post a thread.......

These boots are the lightest weight boots I've ever picked up and are actually more comortable than my tennis shoes (which means that's one less thing that I have to pack). 

I wear the 9" Classic side zip during the summer and this was my first introduction to the Original Swat boots.  However, for the winter travel, I also have the rain proof boots in side zip.

I have nerve damage in my left leg and foot, from my accident.......this is the first boot that I can wear and either stand in or walk in all day long and still be comfortable.  I guess there's a reason all the law enforcement all over the country wear them.

Here's a link to the Original Swat web site..........   http://www.originalswat.com/productdetail.php?product_id=NTY=&category_id=MTA=

And here's a link to a quick inernet search for the best price, $58.......  http://www.baumshoe.com/servlet/the-641/Original-Swat-Boots-dsh--Classic/Detail

JC,

I ordered a pair of these from the link you provided...http://www.baumshoe.com/servlet/the-641/Original-Swat-Boots-dsh--Classic/Detail.  They arrived today.  First impressions are:

They fit!  I ordered my usual size - and they fit!

They are very light!

They look good.

They were comfortable to walk around the yard in!

Can't wait to get some riding miles in them!

thanks for the tip!!!   :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 01:20:26 AM »

Terrie would take issue with "they look good".........she says they're butt ugly but the most comfortable boot she's ever put on. :2vrolijk_21:

I just finished riding 2 1/2 hours in the rain in my Original Swat rain proof boots for the first time.  They feel the same as my Classics w/side zip but my feet are dry!

So all in all..........a great bang for the buck, huh? :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 08:10:21 AM »

Terrie would take issue with "they look good".........she says they're butt ugly but the most comfortable boot she's ever put on. :2vrolijk_21:

I just finished riding 2 1/2 hours in the rain in my Original Swat rain proof boots for the first time.  They feel the same as my Classics w/side zip but my feet are dry!

JC,

Sheila actually liked the look!  She ordered herself a pair last night!

Scott
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 09:20:23 AM »

Been looking for a lighter boot thanks for the links.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 03:30:58 PM »

Just got a pair of the swat boots. They fit real nice on the foot, like tennis shoes but they are kind of tight at the top for my stump legs. So I ordered the 6" ones in the original style as the waterproof ones have been discontinued. I may keep the taller ones but not sure yet.

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 05:29:55 PM »

I bought a pair of the 6" at the 105th, they are great, lightweight, and comfortable!
2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

SE05

• Senior CVO Member
  • aka - Mrs. SBB
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2009, 10:30:37 PM »

What site is the ladies boots ordered from?  I didn't see them on this website:  http://www.baumshoe.com/servlet/the-641/Original-Swat-Boots-dsh--Classic/Detail :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 10:32:44 PM by SE05 »

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2009, 01:50:19 AM »

They look good!  I want a pair. 
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2009, 07:11:21 AM »

These are similar to "jungle boots". And can be found at most local Army/Navy stores.  :2vrolijk_21:

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2009, 10:00:06 PM »

I have been looking at new boots for some time now...thanks for adding to the fold...

:nixweiss:

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2009, 12:20:09 AM »

Very large selection of boots and other gear on this website. Many police,fire and paramedics buy gear from them.
On the shoes listings they have about 185 to choose from. (large selection of women's stuff too.)
The company is great for inventory and customer service.
http://galls.com/easearchresult.html?question=Footwear&searchaction=1&path=All%20Products%2F%2F%2F%2FUserSearch%3DAll%20Products%20%3B%3B%20Venture%5Fid%3D503185

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2009, 02:39:02 PM »

These are similar to "jungle boots". And can be found at most local Army/Navy stores.  :2vrolijk_21:

Not even close!  I've got four pair of the jungle boots in the closet and that's where they stay.  They look very similar but they're not near as light weight or comfortable as the Original Swat.

"Original Swat" is the brand Nancy.  You can do a google search and find them or search on Amazon.  I think that just about everybody that sells the men's probably sell the women's too.

Now that Terrie has surrendered to how ugly they are and gone after the comfort, she now wants me to sell all her other boots on craigslist or ebay. :huepfenlol2:

West Coast GTG   

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2009, 03:04:08 PM »

Not even close!  I've got four pair of the jungle boots in the closet and that's where they stay.  They look very similar but they're not near as light weight or comfortable as the Original Swat.

"Original Swat" is the brand Nancy.  You can do a google search and find them or search on Amazon.  I think that just about everybody that sells the men's probably sell the women's too.

Now that Terrie has surrendered to how ugly they are and gone after the comfort, she now wants me to sell all her other boots on craigslist or ebay. :huepfenlol2:
Not even close? How do they differ?

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2009, 04:57:29 PM »

Not even close? How do they differ?

Well, it's what I posted above.......they're the lightest weight boot that I've ever picked up and more comfortable than my tennis shoes.  That's not an exageration GH......they really are.  There's a reason that everybody is buying them and posting the same comments. 

Go to this link.....   http://www.originalswat.com/dealerlocator/index.php   find a store near you and go try a pair on.  You'll be pleasantly surprised.

West Coast GTG   

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2009, 05:30:39 PM »

Well, it's what I posted above.......they're the lightest weight boot that I've ever picked up and more comfortable than my tennis shoes.  That's not an exageration GH......they really are.  There's a reason that everybody is buying them and posting the same comments. 

Go to this link.....   http://www.originalswat.com/dealerlocator/index.php   find a store near you and go try a pair on.  You'll be pleasantly surprised.

I don't know what jungle boots are, but

I have to agree with JC's comments, Howie...  I have never worn as comfortable a pair of shoes - of any type... :2vrolijk_21:
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2009, 10:40:10 PM »

I haven't found a comfortable boot that beats by Arriots and they beat the hell out of my wallet, so taking your word on these and ordered up a pair. Thanks for sharing and providing the web site deal.  :2vrolijk_21:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2009, 03:08:34 PM »

I haven't found a comfortable boot that beats by Arriots and they beat the hell out of my wallet, so taking your word on these and ordered up a pair. Thanks for sharing and providing the web site deal.  :2vrolijk_21:

I was about to post the down side of these boots.......maybe I better sit on that now. :huepfenlol2:

West Coast GTG   

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2009, 07:46:22 PM »

I was about to post the down side of these boots.......maybe I better sit on that now. :huepfenlol2:
:-XNo, you can't.  :nervous: Not since you've now made all of us aware that there are some.  :-\  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2009, 10:08:07 PM »

:-XNo, you can't.  :nervous: Not since you've now made all of us aware that there are some.  :-\  spyder

Just funnin Spyder.  I think I already posted that the only thing I could think of that might be construed as a down side would be that the soles are a soft rubber so if you wear them every day, all day long, like I do then they seem to wear out a little faster than other boots soles.  But I think the soft rubber is part of why they're so comfortable. 

Considering how affordable they are compared to other boots, coupled with the comfort.......I feel that's not much of a downside.  I'll buy them twice as often if I have to. :nixweiss:

West Coast GTG   

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2009, 11:20:34 AM »

Just got a pair of the 6  inch Swat Boots. Very happy now the taller ones will go back. I like them and the waterproof feature but my stump legs won't let me tie them up at the top. To bad they discontinued the 6 inch waterproof. Oh well just have to wear them on the dry days. Oh yea we LEAVE WED MORNING. WOOOOHOOOO!!!! The Rooster will crow in Solvang. :bananarock: :mango: :orange: :pepper: :pineapple: :cucumber: :jalapeno: :apple:

chanman

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: O6 SE Ultra Classic (Sold)
    • CVO2: 09 SE Ultra Classic
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2009, 02:36:37 PM »

I purchased a pair in Laughlin 2 years ago. I love them, the replies are correct, they are as comfortable as tennis shoes. I am very pleased with them

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2009, 09:52:41 PM »

Man,, their are back order on my size... What,, are you guys buying these things up.... our what   :confused5: :confused5:

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2009, 10:22:43 AM »

Got my Swat Boots last Monday and you are right,, "Like Wearing tennis shoes". I've been wearing them to work every day, They are great comfortable boots. My wife ordered a pair of the Classic 6" last night, She goofed though, she place order on the "Original Swat Boot Site" not the discounted site. After realizing she could save almost $50 she cancelled with Original Swat and placed order with Baumshoe. For the price of these boots, you can not go wrong, they are awesome boots, even at Orginal Swat pricing.  :2vrolijk_21:

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2009, 12:32:50 PM »

Got my Swat Boots last Monday and you are right,, "Like Wearing tennis shoes". I've been wearing them to work every day, They are great comfortable boots. My wife ordered a pair of the Classic 6" last night, She goofed though, she place order on the "Original Swat Boot Site" not the discounted site. After realizing she could save almost $50 she cancelled with Original Swat and placed order with Baumshoe. For the price of these boots, you can not go wrong, they are awesome boots, even at Orginal Swat pricing.  :2vrolijk_21:

what style did you buy?  Did their sizing correspond to your normal shoe size?   
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 10:06:51 AM by IROAR »
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2009, 04:53:10 PM »

I have the 9" Classic with side zip and the 9" waterproof (can't remember what they called them).  The Classic is most comfortable of what I have, by far! :2vrolijk_21:

The waterproof boots are very comfortable also, for what they are.....but not as comfortable as the Classics.  Or maybe I just haven't wore the waterproof boots enough (wore them once).

West Coast GTG   

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2009, 05:49:05 PM »

what style did you buy?  Did their sizing correspond to your normal show size?   

I got the 9" classic with the zipper and the sizing (10.5) was spot on...

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2009, 06:16:29 PM »

Just ordered 1 pair of black and 1 pair of brown, 6" classic. Thanks for the link!

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2009, 10:40:17 AM »

Just ordered 1 pair of black and 1 pair of brown, 6" classic. Thanks for the link!

Did you get the zippered version? I cant find a brown with the zipper but the Original Swat Site has them.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2009, 03:22:54 PM »

Did you get the zippered version? I cant find a brown with the zipper but the Original Swat Site has them.

No I did not get the zipper. Have had them before and always end up using the laces anyway.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2009, 12:49:23 PM »

well that seals it...If Frob is in so am I...I need 12 eeee , do they have those?

June brings the latest greatest, I will go to the tacticool cop shop and git sum...

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2009, 02:58:48 PM »

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Have the 9" Air side zipper waterproof and regular.

Great boots.

Lite and very comfortable.

And I never use the Laces only the side zipper.

:orange: :mango: :bananarock:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2009, 03:36:09 PM »

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Have the 9" Air side zipper waterproof and regular.

Great boots.

Lite and very comfortable.

And I never use the Laces only the side zipper.

:orange: :mango: :bananarock:
Is the zipper model reallly waterproof?  :confused5: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2009, 06:58:45 PM »

:bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock:

Yes.  Work great.

No leakage especially on the bike.  Haven't walked through stream though.

::) ::)
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 1999 Road King

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2009, 10:21:19 PM »

Is the zipper model reallly waterproof?  :confused5: spyder

They have a waterproof tongue in the side zipper.

West Coast GTG   

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2009, 11:00:03 PM »

They have a waterproof tongue in the side zipper.
:P har!  spyder

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2009, 10:06:45 PM »

Just received a pair of 6" Black originals from Baumshoe.  Very comfortable and pleased with these boots!  Thanks for the recommendation JC :2vrolijk_21:
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2009, 09:01:13 AM »

After having my feet get wet at Laconia every year with each of the HD boots I have, I decided to go this route as well.  I figured that if the police can waer these all day, they must be comfortable and light.  My requirement were side zipper and WATERPROOF.  I bought them from Bates at the local police supplier.  I asked fort my usual shoe size (EEE) and they fit great.  They are all I wear now.  I imagine that the soles will wear faster than the traditional boots because of the softer material on the bottoms.  I'd never buy anything else.

:cucumber:
Any day on the bike is a good day.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2009, 09:04:56 AM »

Good to hear Phil.

I need some new boots too, The winx2 is due out in june, whatever that is, may as well wait for the latest greatest, the old redwings are hangin on!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2009, 11:13:24 AM »

After having my feet get wet at Laconia every year with each of the HD boots I have, I decided to go this route as well.  I figured that if the police can waer these all day, they must be comfortable and light.  My requirement were side zipper and WATERPROOF.  I bought them from Bates at the local police supplier.  I asked fort my usual shoe size (EEE) and they fit great.  They are all I wear now.  I imagine that the soles will wear faster than the traditional boots because of the softer material on the bottoms.  I'd never buy anything else.

:cucumber:

The soles do wear faster than most boots.  But at half the price and twice the comfort I think that's a non-issue for me. :2vrolijk_21:

I've said it before.....I have nerve damage in my left foot and I've tried boots, tennis shoes, cushion insoles, etc.  and these things work!  I can't imagine ever trying anything else when I can stand or walk all day (I wear the Classics to work everyday......they are the nylon woven tops) in these and still wear thm when I get home.  Like you and others, I'll never buy anything else.  They are a proven product.

West Coast GTG   

Hillbilly

« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2009, 01:38:00 PM »

I’ve just bought the two pair below within the last month. I lucked up and got the Bass Pro’s on sale for $ 50.00. Both are waterproof and comfortable. I’ve worn Danner’s for years hunting and never had a problem, plus you can send them back to be refurbished for a fee.

http://www.danner.com/product/uniform+boots/tactical/striker%26trade-+side-zip+ii+gtx+uniform+boots.do

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_81040____SearchResults

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2009, 10:54:12 AM »

I’ve just bought the two pair below within the last month. I lucked up and got the Bass Pro’s on sale for $ 50.00. Both are waterproof and comfortable. I’ve worn Danner’s for years hunting and never had a problem, plus you can send them back to be refurbished for a fee.

http://www.danner.com/product/uniform+boots/tactical/striker%26trade-+side-zip+ii+gtx+uniform+boots.do

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_81040____SearchResults

For the money, you cant beat the quality and comfort of the Original Swat Boots.  :2vrolijk_21:

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2009, 11:38:08 AM »

I wore Danners for a long time as they are made in Portland Oregon. Close to me but after getting the Swat boots the danners are heavy as cement. I like my Cruiserworks for rainy days though. The 6 inch Swats are the only ones I can wear, to bad they don't make the 6 inch waterproof ones any more.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2009, 07:53:15 PM »

Got mine yesterday and wore them today. Very comfy right out of the gate!

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2009, 10:19:00 PM »

Thanks JCZ
I was looking for new boots and these look like the answer.  The 3 choices for waterproof show the one with the side zipper as insulated and I don't want that but it looks like the first option does not have the zipper.  Is this correct?
Thanks

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2009, 10:27:02 PM »

:) ;) ;D

Just finished a 95 degree ride for two hours with my brand new waterproof 9' SWAT side zippers.  Was concerned that the 200 gram of Th-insulate and waterproof would be to hot.  they were fine and yes they are very light and very comfortable.

Guess my heavy LL Bean's will sit in the closet.

:coolblue: :coolblue:

:2vrolijk_21:

Former 1999 Road King

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2009, 05:52:00 PM »

Well I screwed up and ordered the boots without the zipper.  So I called and confessed my ignorance to Dan at BAUMSHOE 608-628-2574 and I can add to this thread the customer service is OUTSTANDING!
He said no problem sent me boots with zippers and shipped them for free.  All he asked of me was to send back the wrong ones.  
Again this was my fault and he sent the boots with zippers out to me while we were talking.  No charge for shipping and he said not to worry just try and get the wrong boots back to me within a week.  Of course the shipping of the wrong boots back will be at my expense, but I would expect that.

Great guy to work with and a great price.

http://www.baumshoe.com/servlet/the-641/Original-Swat-Boots-dsh--Classic/Detail

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2009, 06:05:47 PM »

:bananarock: :bananarock:

I agree.  Great service.  Great boots.

Have the zippers non waterproof and waterproof.

Light and very comortable.

And Reasonable.

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Former 1999 Road King

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2009, 02:44:41 PM »

I ordered a couple more pair of the Original Swat Classic 9" with side zip on ebay last night.  Got them for $75 a pair and $11 shipping. :2vrolijk_21:   I buy my levi's the same way.......ten pair at a time.....just put em in the closet till I need them. :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2009, 03:20:34 PM »

:coolblue:

Former 1999 Road King

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2009, 10:15:21 PM »

JCZ just wanted you to know I finally picked up a pair at Street Vibes from the guy in the pavilion, he let me where them while we walked around inside(felt like tennis shoes).  You are right they feel great and less than $100.  I wore them the rest of the time there walking around.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2009, 12:02:17 AM »

:bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock:

They are great.

Can wear them all day. 

Wore the waterproof version in a 8 hour down pour.  Dry as a bone.

:coolblue: :coolblue:

Former 1999 Road King

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2009, 08:52:04 AM »

Thats what people kept telling me.  Wearing is believing.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2009, 01:08:53 PM »

Just picked up a pair in Reno...the whole krewe had them...ak, erniezap, motto mike, wrongway, 110mofo

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2009, 01:24:16 PM »

:huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Much better than the waterproof hunting boots.

Light and comfortable.

Great traction.

:coolblue:

Former 1999 Road King

32Lager

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Ultra
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2009, 04:37:52 PM »

Thanks for the tip! From the sounds of it, you've found what I've been looking for; boots that I can wear all day. I wanted to pay back the favor by telling you the same boots can be ordered with free shipping at this site. http://www.code3tactical.com/mensboots.aspx I just ordered a pair of Original SWAT Boots #1234 Air MT Tactical which is the waterproof model with the zipper for $99 (same price as Baum's). They offer a code "OSBOOTS" for free UPS ground shipping and that saved me $12.

Both stores are located in Wisconsin so they may be owned by the same people.

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2009, 04:46:12 PM »

Former 1999 Road King

AZ SESG

• '17 SESG Sunburst Orange/Starfire Black -- '02 SERK Candy/Brandywine *Gone but not forgotten*
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Formerly AZ SERK

• CVO1: '02 FLHRSEI / Sold
    • CVO2: '17 FLHXSE
Original SWAT Bargain!
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2010, 12:31:38 AM »

I just purchased these brand new, discontinued, #1262 Metro Traction SWAT Boots for $15.00, plus $12.45 Shipping!   :coolblue:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-SWAT-10-Tactical-Boot-1262-MTO-NEW_W0QQitemZ320477687494QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Men_s_Shoes?var=&hash=item76be6ebf0b

I love ebay!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 12:57:02 AM by AZ SERK »
Life is: Choices. Choose wisely.
"Ability + Commitment - Doubt = Reality"
IBA #42159

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
Re: Original SWAT Bargain!
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2010, 12:46:20 AM »

nothing there bud
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2010, 09:09:55 AM »

Link worked for me.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander

WestCoastRuss

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE Sedona Sand
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2010, 12:35:55 PM »

Looks like only one size left...
Tequila makes her clothes fall off....

Eqcons

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • A Harley isn't just for Christmas, it's for LIFE!

« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2010, 12:56:17 PM »

Looks like only one size left...

Yep, giant family size!  I know families who live in less space than that! :D

Jim
'14 FLHTKSE
'94 Ford Escort Cosworth, 320BHP & just 19,000 miles, owned since new
'17 Ford Focus RS
'21 Toyota GR Yaris

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2010, 01:54:18 PM »

Yep, giant family size!  I know families who live in less space than that! :D

Jim

What size is left?

Eqcons

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2010, 02:00:45 PM »

'14 FLHTKSE
'17 Ford Focus RS
'21 Toyota GR Yaris

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2010, 02:01:47 PM »

darn I need a 15

Eqcons

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2010, 02:04:49 PM »

'14 FLHTKSE
'17 Ford Focus RS
'21 Toyota GR Yaris

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2010, 02:38:49 PM »

LOL!  :drink: :drink: ;D :worthless:

Crap is this Andre the Giant?
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2010, 02:44:24 PM »

U guys really want a pic of my size 15?

Eqcons

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2010, 02:50:05 PM »

U guys really want a pic of my size 15?

You are kidding, right?  ;D
'14 FLHTKSE
'17 Ford Focus RS
'21 Toyota GR Yaris

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2010, 02:53:16 PM »

LOL!  :drink: :drink: ;D :worthless:

Heck I don't under stand this post then.

Or do they want to see a pic of me?

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2010, 02:55:49 PM »

Ya know how guys were adding the 1 inch floor board extenders for comfort..... Well I added them just to get my feet on the boards!

Eqcons

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2010, 02:58:54 PM »

Ya know how guys were adding the 1 inch floor board extenders for comfort..... Well I added them just to get my feet on the boards!

LOL! So you really have size 15?   I take 7½ so I guess your feet are twice as long as mine.   Hope it's not true about what you can tell about a guy from the size of his feet!  ::)
'14 FLHTKSE
'17 Ford Focus RS
'21 Toyota GR Yaris

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2010, 03:07:55 PM »

AHHHHHHHH. Sorry can't tell  ???

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2010, 09:07:36 PM »

Just bought  a pair. Heard good things about them. Thanks,
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2010, 10:16:51 AM »

We already had a thread going on the Original Swat boots......I meged the two.

As indicated in several posts up in the thread, I think you'll find the best price (consistently) on Amazon.com. :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2010, 04:07:28 PM »

WOW this cite used to have them for $58.00 now they are $81.99 - $85.99

http://www.baumshoe.com/servlet/the-641/Original-Swat-Boots-dsh--Classic/Detail

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2010, 03:31:35 PM »

That's still a great price for the most comfortable boot that you ever put on your feet. :2vrolijk_21:

I buy them two pair at a time.

West Coast GTG   

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2010, 08:02:07 PM »

I buy them two pair at a time.

So do I
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2010, 08:11:51 PM »

Two pair at a time?  Do they wear out that fast?  :nixweiss: spyder

Eqcons

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2010, 05:45:15 AM »

Two pair at a time?  Do they wear out that fast?  :nixweiss: spyder

Just what I was thinking!  My boots (Redwings) have now lasted 27 years, and still going strong!
 :)

Jim
'14 FLHTKSE
'17 Ford Focus RS
'21 Toyota GR Yaris

Gamecock

• 08 Inferno SE2
  • 08 SSSE

• CVO1: 2008 FXSTSSE2 Inferno
    • CVO2: tbd
    • CVO3: tbd
« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2010, 01:08:28 PM »

I bought a pair of SWAT boots about a year ago, waterproof version of the zipper sided boot. These are GREAT! Very happy with these even in the summer. I wear them even when I don't ride and they are very good boots for any occasion.

Eqcons

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #81 on: March 01, 2010, 01:21:46 PM »

they are very good boots for any occasion.

Fine with a tux, for that important wedding too!  :2vrolijk_21:

Jim
'14 FLHTKSE
'17 Ford Focus RS
'21 Toyota GR Yaris

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2010, 01:25:31 PM »

Here is another site for the Origional Swat Boot....Good prices

http://www.army-navy.us/swat/swatair9.htm

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2010, 01:48:42 PM »

where are they made? according to the tag inside the boot.
Hawg

Eqcons

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2010, 02:03:25 PM »

where are they made? according to the tag inside the boot.

China
'14 FLHTKSE
'17 Ford Focus RS
'21 Toyota GR Yaris

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2010, 04:17:12 PM »

nobody makes boots better than USA or Canada
Hawg

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #86 on: March 16, 2010, 11:38:17 PM »

nobody makes boots better than USA or Canada
That may be true.....but nobody makes em more comfortable than Original Swat. ;D

Time to order another pair. :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #87 on: March 16, 2010, 11:42:38 PM »

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Former 1999 Road King

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #88 on: March 17, 2010, 07:07:11 AM »

That may be true.....but nobody makes em more comfortable than Original Swat. ;D

Dang.  You go thru more boots than I do oil filters JC.  :o har.   :drink:spyder

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #89 on: March 17, 2010, 09:26:23 AM »

Dang.  You go thru more boots than I do oil filters JC.  :o har.   :drink:spyder

It's all I wear anymore.  They're my work boots.....and my loafers. :huepfenlol2:  The sole is a softer compound so if you wear them for walking around (I'm on my feet all day long on a construction site, up and down five flights of stairs, etc.) they do wear out much quicker than vibram soles.  But that softer compound is part of why they're so comfortable and as cheap as they are.....it's a fair trade off. :2vrolijk_21:  Kind of like Metzlers or other soft compound tires......they just wear out quicker.  The more you use them, the more they wear out. :nixweiss:

West Coast GTG   

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #90 on: March 17, 2010, 11:26:32 AM »

It's all I wear anymore.  They're my work boots.....and my loafers. :huepfenlol2:  The sole is a softer compound so if you wear them for walking around (I'm on my feet all day long on a construction site, up and down five flights of stairs, etc.) they do wear out much quicker than vibram soles.  But that softer compound is part of why they're so comfortable and as cheap as they are.....it's a fair trade off. :2vrolijk_21:  Kind of like Metzlers or other soft compound tires......they just wear out quicker.  The more you use them, the more they wear out. :nixweiss:

Terrie,
said it will be the last draw if he starts wearing them to bed.  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #91 on: March 17, 2010, 12:12:57 PM »

Terrie,
said it will be the last draw if he starts wearing them to bed.  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
Hey......he said how 'soft' they were.  :-* har.  spyder

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #92 on: March 17, 2010, 05:44:49 PM »

Terrie,

Yep.....she'll want to start wearing hers to bed. :o

West Coast GTG   

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #93 on: March 17, 2010, 10:04:52 PM »

My Red Wings were comfortable from the start and are still that way.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 10:25:14 PM by Hawg »
Hawg

Eqcons

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #94 on: March 18, 2010, 05:55:36 AM »

My Red Wings were from the start and still are quite comfortable

Same here - working, as I did when I was young, in the Oil Business, I wore nothing but Redwings since the 1970s.  Fantastic boots.

Jim
'14 FLHTKSE
'17 Ford Focus RS
'21 Toyota GR Yaris

EdnaDurango

« Reply #95 on: March 18, 2010, 06:57:36 PM »

This website is an official Original SWAT dealer and u get free shipping on Original SWATs and the boots are on sale right now:  www.zebra12.com  My husband and his riding buddies all wear them.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #96 on: April 03, 2011, 09:25:39 PM »

A number of us in Nor Cal wear the Original Swat Boots and we get asked about them from time to time.  For those that were asking yesterday, I just decided to post a thread.......

I wear the 9" Classic side zip during the summer and this was my first introduction to the Original Swat boots.  However, for the winter travel, I also have the rain proof boots in side zip.

I have nerve damage in my left leg and foot, from my accident.......this is the first boot that I can wear and either stand in or walk in all day long and still be comfortable.  I guess there's a reason all the law enforcement all over the country wear them.

OK, I bought a pair.
Everything everyone said is right.
Great boots!
Wore them all day yesterday, all day today.
Just ordered Nancy a set.

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #97 on: April 03, 2011, 09:33:18 PM »

OK, I bought a pair.
Great boots!

SBB

Light weight, comfortable, no real break in period required, waterproof...what more could you ask for?   :2vrolijk_21:
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #98 on: April 03, 2011, 10:12:02 PM »

Light weight, comfortable, no real break in period required, waterproof...what more could you ask for?   :2vrolijk_21:

I looked in both shoes, no crank.
One less thing to worry about.

;)

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #99 on: April 04, 2011, 10:12:53 AM »

OK, I bought a pair.
Great boots!

SBB

Did you buy a set of these too?
 :)

http://bestshoelifts.com/premier-shoe-lifts/

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #100 on: April 04, 2011, 11:49:26 AM »

:P :huepfenlol2:

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #101 on: April 04, 2011, 01:02:30 PM »

TwoToes

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Street Glide Black
« Reply #102 on: April 12, 2011, 11:42:10 AM »

I have a real foot problem. Lost all my toes on my right foot when a lady ran a stop sign and t-boned me on my bike. Took the top of my foot right off. Now I have a plastic insert in my right shoe to fill in the space and help me balance. Had to ware special shoes. Saw a pair of SWATS at a motorcycle rally and tried them. They worked pretty good. When they wore out I couldn't find anyone local selling them as I have to size them for the plastic insert and can't order online. Went into a local police uniform shop. Found a brand called 5.11, its what the real police and swat use. They are light weight padded well and comfortable. They come in low and high top, with and without zipper. I like the high top as it gives more support and protects your ankle while riding. I like the zipper style better also. The price is a little more around a hundred bucks but its what then pro's are using in real life. They are available for a little less online. Most police uniform shops will have them and stocked in multiple sizes.

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #103 on: May 01, 2011, 05:43:51 PM »

Widows Son

• No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child - Shriners of America
  • Full CVO Member
  • narasimhalu.smugmug.com

• Sanjay Narasimhalu Photography
« Reply #104 on: May 01, 2011, 09:41:30 PM »

Bought a pair of Original Swat Air M.T. Tactical Waterproof - all leather to replace my Bates. My feet are wide and so limits who I can go with. Wore the Swats on 2 rides and fell in love with them. The sole is very "tacky" and sticks to the footrest that I can't "slide" my foot around - not a bad thing, just different.

Wild 1 Chubby WO575
C&C seat
Dynojet Power Vision
Jackpot 2-1-2 header
V&H Hi-Output
J&M 250W amp + 7.25" Speakers
Chrome Agitators
Harley Goodies floorboard extensions
Wheeldock EZ-up centerstand
Klock Werks 8.5"
Boogey Lights - 126 LEDs
3M Armor
Kury LED Headlight
Brukus saddlebag & seat hardware
Gizmos: GoPro HD, SPOT

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2011, 05:53:17 PM »

The Ridge Ultimate 9000 and the Bates 8" tactical are both, in my opinion, a nicer higher quality boot than the Swat. Both can be bought cheap thru Central Texas Police with free shipping and no tax.
I have the Bates, Gortex, waterproof, air sole, removable inner foot bed, side zip with full length leather liner behind zipper (only waterproof way to seal zipper) & Vibram outer sole and wife has the Ridge Ultimate 9000 which has all the stuff of the Bates except the Vibram sole but has a Nike type air cushion outer sole with Puron inner cushion. The Puron is the bomb, I have it in my North Face hiking boots and it is great. Both around $115 @ Central Texas and are high quality boots.

Arwyn

• Junior CVO Member
Original SWAT tactical boots
« Reply #106 on: January 25, 2012, 01:23:20 PM »

Got some of these for Christmas, and I think they are about the best boots I have had for the bike yet. Super comfortable, I can actually walk around in these all day without it killing my feet (*cough* Harley boots *cough*). More importantly, they stay stuck to my chrome pegs and don't slide around at speed like my previous boots did.

Boots stay fairly warm at moderate (50ish) degree temps, but are not ovens at warmer temps. They breathe pretty well, which is great for my sweaty feet. :)

I like em a lot, but I am looking at another pair. The set I have don't have a reinforced toe box, and that's about the only thing I can find I can nitpick over. They do have the almost exact set of boots with a reinforced toe, so those are my next purchase.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

Re: Original SWAT tactical boots
« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2012, 02:08:19 PM »

Got some of these for Christmas, and I think they are about the best boots I have had for the bike yet. Super comfortable, I can actually walk around in these all day without it killing my feet (*cough* Harley boots *cough*). More importantly, they stay stuck to my chrome pegs and don't slide around at speed like my previous boots did.

Boots stay fairly warm at moderate (50ish) degree temps, but are not ovens at warmer temps. They breathe pretty well, which is great for my sweaty feet. :)

I like em a lot, but I am looking at another pair. The set I have don't have a reinforced toe box, and that's about the only thing I can find I can nitpick over. They do have the almost exact set of boots with a reinforced toe, so those are my next purchase.

Many of us wear them.....threw away my shoes....just wear these now, at work, riding, etc.

By the way, the Original Swat Tactical are water proof and have the reinforced toe I believe. :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2012, 03:50:27 PM »

Best boot I've ever owned!  Easy on/off, comfortable, light and waterproof.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

Arwyn

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #109 on: January 25, 2012, 05:28:09 PM »

Wish I could wear these to work, but they kind of frown on that sort of thing.... and I'm not riding the scooter to work in dress shoes and slacks...  ;D

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #110 on: January 25, 2012, 06:44:29 PM »

Wish I could wear these to work, but they kind of frown on that sort of thing.... and I'm not riding the scooter to work in dress shoes and slacks...  ;D

Keep your feet under the desk......they'll never know. :huepfenlol2:

West Coast GTG   

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #111 on: January 25, 2012, 07:51:29 PM »

I either keep a pair of shoes in the office or bring them on the bike.  Chaps and jacket cover the dress clothes.
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Arwyn

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #112 on: January 26, 2012, 06:20:16 PM »

I either keep a pair of shoes in the office or bring them on the bike.  Chaps and jacket cover the dress clothes.

Actually thought about doing that, just need a good backpack that will handle a 17" laptop and associated junk I have to haul around, along with the dress shoes and what not. :D

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #113 on: January 26, 2012, 06:42:48 PM »

Actually thought about doing that, just need a good backpack that will handle a 17" laptop and associated junk I have to haul around, along with the dress shoes and what not. :D
Sounds like some saddlebags would be handy.  :) har.  spyder

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
« Reply #114 on: January 26, 2012, 07:58:00 PM »

Right JC!  

Year before last when in Reno for Street Vibrations, we ran up to Virginia City.  We found a vendor there with the Original Swat Boots for sale around 90.00. The boots I'd been wearing had worn on the bottoms and were starting to get a bit slippery on smooth surfaces.  It was time for them to go. By the way, the Alpine Stars I was using cost two and a half times as much, and were not more comfortable.

The Swat boots are great.  When I ride to work, I wear them all day.  In the past, I would change shoes or boots until time to go home.  

In any case, anyone on the fence about these boots can rest assured, they are very comfortable. :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 01:24:13 PM by Eagleye07 »
Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8 [All]

Page created in 0.375 seconds with 21 queries.