Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Author Topic: Original Swat Boots.........  (Read 38681 times)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
Re: Original Swat Boots.........
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2009, 12:49:23 PM »

well that seals it...If Frob is in so am I...I need 12 eeee , do they have those?

June brings the latest greatest, I will go to the tacticool cop shop and git sum...

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2009, 02:58:48 PM »

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Have the 9" Air side zipper waterproof and regular.

Great boots.

Lite and very comfortable.

And I never use the Laces only the side zipper.

:orange: :mango: :bananarock:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2009, 03:36:09 PM »

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Have the 9" Air side zipper waterproof and regular.

Great boots.

Lite and very comfortable.

And I never use the Laces only the side zipper.

:orange: :mango: :bananarock:
Is the zipper model reallly waterproof?  :confused5: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2009, 06:58:45 PM »

:bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock:

Yes.  Work great.

No leakage especially on the bike.  Haven't walked through stream though.

::) ::)
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2009, 10:21:19 PM »

Is the zipper model reallly waterproof?  :confused5: spyder

They have a waterproof tongue in the side zipper.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2009, 11:00:03 PM »

They have a waterproof tongue in the side zipper.
:P har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2009, 10:06:45 PM »

Just received a pair of 6" Black originals from Baumshoe.  Very comfortable and pleased with these boots!  Thanks for the recommendation JC :2vrolijk_21:
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2009, 09:01:13 AM »

After having my feet get wet at Laconia every year with each of the HD boots I have, I decided to go this route as well.  I figured that if the police can waer these all day, they must be comfortable and light.  My requirement were side zipper and WATERPROOF.  I bought them from Bates at the local police supplier.  I asked fort my usual shoe size (EEE) and they fit great.  They are all I wear now.  I imagine that the soles will wear faster than the traditional boots because of the softer material on the bottoms.  I'd never buy anything else.

:cucumber:
Any day on the bike is a good day.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2009, 09:04:56 AM »

Good to hear Phil.

I need some new boots too, The winx2 is due out in june, whatever that is, may as well wait for the latest greatest, the old redwings are hangin on!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2009, 11:13:24 AM »

After having my feet get wet at Laconia every year with each of the HD boots I have, I decided to go this route as well.  I figured that if the police can waer these all day, they must be comfortable and light.  My requirement were side zipper and WATERPROOF.  I bought them from Bates at the local police supplier.  I asked fort my usual shoe size (EEE) and they fit great.  They are all I wear now.  I imagine that the soles will wear faster than the traditional boots because of the softer material on the bottoms.  I'd never buy anything else.

:cucumber:

The soles do wear faster than most boots.  But at half the price and twice the comfort I think that's a non-issue for me. :2vrolijk_21:

I've said it before.....I have nerve damage in my left foot and I've tried boots, tennis shoes, cushion insoles, etc.  and these things work!  I can't imagine ever trying anything else when I can stand or walk all day (I wear the Classics to work everyday......they are the nylon woven tops) in these and still wear thm when I get home.  Like you and others, I'll never buy anything else.  They are a proven product.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Hillbilly

« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2009, 01:38:00 PM »

I’ve just bought the two pair below within the last month. I lucked up and got the Bass Pro’s on sale for $ 50.00. Both are waterproof and comfortable. I’ve worn Danner’s for years hunting and never had a problem, plus you can send them back to be refurbished for a fee.

http://www.danner.com/product/uniform+boots/tactical/striker%26trade-+side-zip+ii+gtx+uniform+boots.do

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_81040____SearchResults

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2009, 10:54:12 AM »

I’ve just bought the two pair below within the last month. I lucked up and got the Bass Pro’s on sale for $ 50.00. Both are waterproof and comfortable. I’ve worn Danner’s for years hunting and never had a problem, plus you can send them back to be refurbished for a fee.

http://www.danner.com/product/uniform+boots/tactical/striker%26trade-+side-zip+ii+gtx+uniform+boots.do

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_81040____SearchResults

For the money, you cant beat the quality and comfort of the Original Swat Boots.  :2vrolijk_21:

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2009, 11:38:08 AM »

I wore Danners for a long time as they are made in Portland Oregon. Close to me but after getting the Swat boots the danners are heavy as cement. I like my Cruiserworks for rainy days though. The 6 inch Swats are the only ones I can wear, to bad they don't make the 6 inch waterproof ones any more.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2009, 07:53:15 PM »

Got mine yesterday and wore them today. Very comfy right out of the gate!

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2009, 10:19:00 PM »

Terrie would take issue with "they look good".........she says they're butt ugly but the most comfortable boot she's ever put on. :2vrolijk_21:

I just finished riding 2 1/2 hours in the rain in my Original Swat rain proof boots for the first time.  They feel the same as my Classics w/side zip but my feet are dry!

So all in all..........a great bang for the buck, huh? :nixweiss:

Thanks JCZ
I was looking for new boots and these look like the answer.  The 3 choices for waterproof show the one with the side zipper as insulated and I don't want that but it looks like the first option does not have the zipper.  Is this correct?
Thanks
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 21 queries.