Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: 3-8-09 Accident  (Read 14569 times)

Macky54

Re: 3-8-09 Accident
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2009, 12:56:51 AM »

Dean, that is just all out frightening.  It's one thing to hear about accidents like this but to actually see the pictures and be able to chat with the survivors, really puts things in perspective.  I'm not a religious man, but no question, someone was watching out for you guys that day.  Blows me away that you guys actually survived that.  It's not even something that we can learn by someone elses mistakes.  The only mistake was, wrong place wrong time.  It just sends it home to make sure we appreciate every day we're given.  Good luck on your recovery, your wifes recovery and anyone else involved.  Not everyone gets a second chance with chit like that.  Get well man.

Jeff

Ziploc

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2009, 04:22:14 AM »

Dean, so sorry to hear about your accident.  My family and I will keep you and yours in our thoughts and prayers.

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2009, 09:06:13 AM »

Dean, sorry to hear about the accident. your attitude is outstanding and it will help you through this down time.

hope for a speedy and full recovery.

bless ya

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2009, 11:57:14 AM »

Verry sorry to hear about this accident....my prayers are with you and your family......God bless you!!

skiindean

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2009, 08:58:57 PM »

Again...thank you all for your love and support. I am now scheduled for BKA surgery tomorrow at 10:45. I hope this this will be my last surgery and will keep everyone informed. Dean

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2009, 09:00:35 PM »

My prayer go with you!

JW

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2009, 09:01:56 PM »

My prayer go with you!

JW
... and mine Dean. Keep your head up man.

Howie

strangebird

• Growing older but not up!

• CVO1: 2005 Cherry SEEG
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2009, 08:00:35 PM »

Sorry to gear about your tragedy, but like so many have said God is not done with you and I do not know your religous beliefs, but you are in God's hands and while we sometimes do not under stand the why of how did this happen to me, he has shown you his mercy, even in the storms we must still praise him.

It is easy for us to blame an elderly lady and maybe rightfullys so, but I am sure her life has been changed by this tragedy as well, she too is a victim and we do not know the pain or suffering she may be enduring, so my prayers are for your family your friends and the elderly lady,while your lives will be changed I pray for forgiveness and healing of body and mind for all that have been touched by this tragedy.

I am sure you are dealing with the issues and hurts of your situtation.

One of my favorite Christian groups is Casting Crowns, they have a song that I am reminded of every time I pass through a storm in my life, here are the words if you do not mind me posting them here, may God Bless all of you,

Praise You In This Storm" -Casting Crowns

I was sure by now
God You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say "Amen", and it's still raining

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear Your whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

And I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember when
I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry to you
And you raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can't find You

But as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The Maker of Heaven and Earth

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2009, 09:10:10 PM »

Dean,

I hope your surgery went well today - and your result is as good as could be hoped for...  God Bless and best wishes in your recovery.   :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

skiindean

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2009, 09:02:43 PM »

Just got home last night from my surgery last Friday. Feeling ok and actually see that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Still have many months of healing and then prosthetic fittings and am anxious to get back on my feet (no pun intended) again. I am on a 6 week antibiotic drip twice a day. Had a nurse come by this morning to teach my wife and I how to do it.  I loved riding, really truly did..it meant everything to me and my wife. With all I've been through...and I do know it could have happened in a car, crossing the street, or anywhere...I just don't think I'll ever saddle up again. Sad...because of another persons negligence. But all in all I am doing ok and beginning to move forward. Dean

fourstar

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO2: 04 FLSTCI
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2009, 10:06:34 PM »

I want you to know that I admire your courage.  I only hope that I could be as strong in the same position. 
“Red! I want red, there's no substitute for red!”
                                                             -Sammy Hagar

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2009, 04:11:15 PM »

Dean,

Don't give up on riding just yet.  Get yourself down the road another 12 mos or so and see where you are.  It wasn't the riding that got you where you are.  I wish you the best in your recovery.  My grandfather lost both legs at the knees for other reasons.  You will be surprised at what you can do with some time.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

flynhigh205

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2009, 07:20:30 PM »

Hey Dean,
    Though I dont really know you, I feel your pain.  My topic is why 88 yr olds shouldnt be driving.  THIS MAKES ME FURIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Another story of a elderly person who has changed one of our lives forever when all we are doing is out enjoying our lives doing what we love to do.  I hate to say this but every time I see an elderly person driving who I know shouldnt be I just wanna rip them out of thier cars and show them my leg and all my other scars and beat them within an inch of thier lives!!!! And let them how their own ignorance can change someone elses life.  I was a very easy going person before my accident but now I cant stand seeing elderly people driving, sorry I know this piss some people off on here but after a certain age you shouldnt be able to drive.  I feel for you and your wife,  if your in Maryland, please PM me and i will give my doctors name she has worked miracles on me.  I am walking and riding my bike again, only one year later, when other doctors wanted to remove my leg.  Good luck and I wish you a speedy recovery. 

skiindean

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2009, 12:10:15 AM »

HEY Gang,
   Well 6 months after they amputated my left leg,wheel chair, walker and crutches for 4 months  and I've had my prosthetic for last 3+ months. My physical therapist now has me jogging and on a stairmaster and while it is still painful and a challenge, I can go anywhere I want to independently. I do go to my support groups which are very helpful, and have developed to be a speaker at some groups. Physically I'm doing pretty good, emotionally I'm still on the mend...but coping and determined to get my life back. ........and I jumped on a bike last week and rode for a solid 3 hours, I just had to...I wasn't going to let my accident beat me. Whether or not I go back to full time riding is still up in the air, but I needed to ride again for ME....and it was effin awesome and so cool and uplifting, no fears, just rode and rode and rode. The riding was quite easy and natural for me, shifting gears was a little different but I adapted. Just thought I'd let everyone know, thank you all for your continued on line and offline prayers and support. We Ride. Dean Millman

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2009, 07:11:37 AM »

Dean glad to hear you are doing well and were able to get back on a bike. I pray for a continued speedy recovery for you.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.296 seconds with 21 queries.