Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: 3-8-09 Accident  (Read 14583 times)

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
Re: 3-8-09 Accident
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2012, 08:07:02 AM »

Dean, I read your story and all I can say is "you are an inspiration to all riders".  I also had a nasty MC wreck in June 2011.  Broke my back in three places and lost part of my right leg.  I was laid up on the couch recovering when I found this forum.  I have met so many great people and shared so many great story's like yours that I truly believe this forum contributed to my recovery.  I also ride again like you do.  Some people think I'm crazy to get back on a MC after the accident but like you, I want to stop when it is my decision and not someone else taking it away from me.  

Keep your spirits high.., ride in the wind and God willing maybe we will meet on the road someday.

~Judy
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2012, 08:59:03 AM »

Dean, I read your story and all I can say is "you are an inspiration to all riders".  I also had a nasty MC wreck in June 2011.  Broke my back in three places and lost part of my right leg.  I was laid up on the couch recovering when I found this forum.  I have met so many great people and shared so many great story's like yours that I truly believe this forum contributed to my recovery.  I also ride again like you do.  Some people think I'm crazy to get back on a MC after the accident but like you, I want to stop when it is my decision and not someone else taking it away from me.  

Keep your spirits high.., ride in the wind and God willing maybe we will meet on the road someday.

~Judy
WOW! Being a recent new member I did not know about your accident. You are all truly an inspiration. I hope I never have to find out but I bet you I, too, would ride on!

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

mdduce

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2012, 11:15:37 AM »

Hey,so sorry to read about so many people down!I had a 180 lb doe try to jump me and bike well she cleared bike but not me,ouch don't even began to do the job.I was in Vanderbuilt 43 days 22 were spent critical care unit the rest closed head injury ,doing pretty good I guess for what I went through could be dead,lost 80% use right arm and bout 40% of my left but hey I was left handed so thats a plus a big plus.The thing that saved my life was a full face helmet a real good one the first thing that hit the ground was face shield and top then the jaw area, I slid 105'on my face and elbows it almost cut all the way through the shield,to close for comfort then laid beside road about an hour till park ranger found me.He let me know I kilt the deer,so guess I won after all,please be careful it was 10:30 in the morn.August the 2nd.just had my last operation,I one of the lucky one's so lets pray for all a safe ride every time out!

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2012, 12:12:30 PM »

Hey,so sorry to read about so many people down!I had a 180 lb doe try to jump me and bike well she cleared bike but not me,ouch don't even began to do the job.I was in Vanderbuilt 43 days 22 were spent critical care unit the rest closed head injury ,doing pretty good I guess for what I went through could be dead,lost 80% use right arm and bout 40% of my left but hey I was left handed so thats a plus a big plus.The thing that saved my life was a full face helmet a real good one the first thing that hit the ground was face shield and top then the jaw area, I slid 105'on my face and elbows it almost cut all the way through the shield,to close for comfort then laid beside road about an hour till park ranger found me.He let me know I kilt the deer,so guess I won after all,please be careful it was 10:30 in the morn.August the 2nd.just had my last operation,I one of the lucky one's so lets pray for all a safe ride every time out!

So sorry to hear about your accident but happy to know that you are recovering.  I also wear a helmet.  I know that there are pro's and con's when it comes to people's opinions but it saved my life.  I will keep you in my prayers. 
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 21 queries.