Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 09 ultra non cvo crank case cracked  (Read 3089 times)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: 09 ultra non cvo crank case cracked
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2009, 07:51:22 PM »

Gabe,

I believe there are several short comings with the 110's and had hoped that the 09 would deliver a problem free motor.   In the Harley form whether built by hand in front of you or at the MoCo, I do not believe you can get a bike that is not going to be plagued at some point with issues.   Whether it be cylinder related, piston skirt related, crank / runout related, or heat related.   We still havent touched on flyby wire, or clamping force of the heads to the cylinders or the valve train or the cam that delivers 220 cranking compression in a supposed to be 9.3 to 1 engine in reality from most of the checks is closer to 9.7 to 1.   The aftermarket can use a cam that lowers the cranking compression and cools the motor, juggs with larger fins for cooling a better piston and heads that have viton seals etc.   So I wouldnt even consider having them build it or upgrade it as a 110.  If you were to use Axtell juggs with say the Harley 10.5 to 1 piston made by Mahle and a cam that had some reduction in cranking compression as well as having the heads gone through by a qualified pro, you might be happy with the results, but using the stock kit from Harley I just wouldn't do it.   If your cases are being replaced before you put the motor back together I would definitely recommend a timken conversion and having your crank pinned / welded or getting a crank from someone like S&S with Timken conversion.

Best of luck look forward to hearing how you approach your rebuild.

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

hogasm

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2009, 09:06:01 PM »

I have seen too many 110's with problems, even the bolt on ones.

If they are replacing your cases, and you are going to spend them money to have the cases bored......go 113. It is a great reliable, performance motor. Balance the crank, Timkin bearing, S&S 625 cams....125/125 and reliable

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2009, 02:25:24 PM »

The 103 would not be real viable with the 2.08" 95cc heads. 113 is a winner and ordering the .005" OS pistons and torque plate honeing the cylinders to size at a conservative clearance is even better.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 21 queries.