Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 110 engine problem with heat management fouling out plugs  (Read 2043 times)

victoryblisstx

• CVO1: 2009 Dyna Fat Bob SE
110 engine problem with heat management fouling out plugs
« on: April 21, 2009, 01:40:20 AM »

i have a 2009 fxdfse, with the power commander custom dyno/map, thunder header 2-1...
the power commander requested i take out the o2 sensors. is this wise
i have ran 1900 miles with no problems with this config until now.
the battery was unplugged for three months.

i am getting the idle sound of what can be described as the heat management kicking on. and its fouling out the plugs, after installing new plugs after all this just started to happen its dumping fuel out the pipes and within 2 min of cold start, it is going into heat management idle sound. and has no low 1k-2k rpm power, like it usually does.  i unplugged the battery for three months while i shipped my bike overseas. Is it possible that the power commander dumped its map?

thanks for any advice i can get.
i would also like to know if there is anything out there that might be wise to get to keep up the durability since i travel in some pretty desolate places
ie.... oil cooler is on my list

harris48cars

• Senior CVO Member
Re: 110 engine problem with heat management fouling out plugs
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 09:20:40 AM »

First, this disclaimer. I am not a mechanic. However what you are saying doesn't make sense. Heat manangement kicks in when things start getting hot. Things get hot because of a lean condition, not rich. Plugs can't foul under a lean condition. When you say fuel is running out the pipe, do you mean that literally? Or are you mistaking condensation for fuel? It almost sounds like the PC is not programmed correctly. Sounds like the PC has an extremely rich cold start program that converts to overly lean condition way to soon after cold start. I have the PCV and the o2 sensors are disconnected as per PC manual and simulators are installed. It works better than I was expecting. Did you buy from FuelMoto? If not I would call them anyway and tell them whats going on. They can probably advise you. I'm very happy with my PCV.
   Gary

victoryblisstx

• CVO1: 2009 Dyna Fat Bob SE
Re: 110 engine problem with heat management fouling out plugs
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 10:15:43 AM »

I think i have solved a small problem, were i am at i pay a guy to detail my bike, when i removed the fuse panel cover there was water in the fuse box, in and around the fuses. so i plugged my computer into the power commander and the map was default zero map. so i bought new plugs installed my dyno map back in, and so far she is straightening out, but still running a little rich.

as far as my earlier post the exhaust was blowing fuel out the pipes literally flame if i goosed it from a low idle. 
but i am not out of the woods, she is still running a little rough than the usual. I going to have to see what the detail-er did when cleaning the bike

my biggest problem is am running a pwrcdr III usb, when i should probably go out and buy the 5 with the auto fuel tuner.
thanks for the reply

i have included my pwrcdr image of my bike, from a dyno shop,
it is very different from the maps you can download, i only wish i knew enough to change the map a little.
one thing i have noticed is from the norm when it was first running rich before it started fouling out the pinging in my lifters that has been there since i rolled it off the lot, it was gone, and now with my map back in the pinging is back

nick

thanks for your post, its hard trying to keep these bad girls in line, also do you see any difference in the octane of gas, right now i am running 98, and it was dyno'd at 91 octane you suppose that would run it a little rich

Page created in 0.29 seconds with 21 queries.