Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Cell phone Laws for 2006  (Read 2422 times)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
New Cell phone Laws for 2006
« on: October 26, 2005, 02:54:00 PM »

According to a proposed new law that would go into effect Jan 1, 2006 you will no longer be able to use a cell phone while driving unless you have a "hands free" adapter.  I went to Circuit City and they wanted $50 for a headset with a microphone for my cell phone.  Having a friend in the cell phone business, I talked with him and was able to come up with an alternative, working through Office Depot.

These kits are compatible with any mobile phone and one size fits all.  I paid him $0.08 each because he bought in quantity.  Then we tried it with Motorola, Sprint, Verizon and Nokia units and they worked perfectly.

A photo is attached so scroll down & take a look and let me know if you want one.  Also, forward this to anyone you know, who has a cell phone, and who may want one!

« Last Edit: October 26, 2005, 02:54:43 PM by Unbalanced »
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
Re: New Cell phone Laws for 2006
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 10:47:00 PM »

OK, I talked to friends, who have talked to friends and then some talked to family and friends and I think we need a gross of about 300 in my small circle.  However, seeing such a good picture, I think we can all figure this one out ourselves, and we don't need a group buy.

Good one thoug, got me to look

/me     [smiley=cherry.gif]

OTIS

• MEMBER # 806
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Global President Hillbilly Rocket Riders

• CVO1: 05 CVO Banana
    • CVO2: 06 CVO V-Rod
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 10:50:41 PM »

Unbalanced is that you modeling for the hands free phone.

OTIS
Fastest member of Hillbilly Rocket Riders

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 10:55:54 PM »

The MOCO will have a version of this out in the Christmas Catalog with a embossed bar & shield in different colors with ea. dealerships name on the back and will sell of $23.99 ea.  Save up!  Har!  spyder [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 04:27:44 PM »

Otis Otis Otis,

It is never my intention to scare anyone, which is why I stay away from the camera lense and stay behind it.   If this is one of those illegal things, its not me in the picture :)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 04:31:12 PM by Unbalanced »
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 05:27:00 PM »

Unbalanced is that you modeling for the hands free phone.

OTIS

Yeah, 'er 'uh, OTIS,
   You got to know he looks like [highlight]CLETUS T. JUDD[/highlight], don't he?  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2005, 12:52:56 PM »

If you folks are like me and have no idea who Cledis T. Judd is, I did the search for a pic of him. Seems he must be some type of stand up comedian, which makes it even more likely that Unbalanced looks like him. Being that Unbalanced is such a good comedian, I mean, and all.

The official Web Site!

Did I find the right one Hubbard?

[smiley=cherry.gif]
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 01:01:29 PM by Mrs._WeCVO »

OTIS

• MEMBER # 806
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Global President Hillbilly Rocket Riders

• CVO1: 05 CVO Banana
    • CVO2: 06 CVO V-Rod
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2005, 12:29:06 AM »

Otis Otis Otis,

It is never my intention to scare anyone, which is why I stay away from the camera lense and stay behind it.   If this is one of those illegal things, its not me in the picture :)

I see from the sign you made your  trip Hubbard told me you tried to call but had bad signal maybe catch you next time .Bike looks good. [smiley=hippy.gif] [smiley=hippy.gif]
Fastest member of Hillbilly Rocket Riders

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2005, 11:47:13 AM »

Otis,

We had an awesome trip despite some rain at the end of it.   We must of jinxed the trip by making soggy valley a stop for 2 days.  Yup thats the excuse :)

We ran part of the skyway, and all of the blue ridge that could be ridden less about 10 miles that is closed still.

Hope to get to actually meet you guys at Bikeweek.   Maybe I should have PM'd my phone to someone other than Hubbard.   A cell might be a bit to high tech for a Yankee Hillbilly from Yankee Assisting West Virgini A.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2005, 01:01:41 AM »

Otis,

We had an awesome trip despite some rain at the end of it.   We must of jinxed the trip by making soggy valley a stop for 2 days.  Yup thats the excuse :)

We ran part of the skyway, and all of the blue ridge that could be ridden less about 10 miles that is closed still.

Hope to get to actually meet you guys at Bikeweek.   Maybe I should have PM'd my phone to someone other than Hubbard.   A cell might be a bit to high tech for a Yankee Hillbilly from Yankee Assisting West Virgini A.

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Cletus T. Judd, Wannabe,
  I got your high tech, Yankee Hillbilly, cell phone!  Call me anything you want, just don't forget to call me for Supper!  Then, I'll straddle Ol' Maudie, and bust your A$$!  Later--HUBBARD  

2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 22 queries.