Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: Rinehart Support Bracket  (Read 9420 times)

HDJamsTX

• Full CVO Member
  • It's Hammer Time!!!
Rinehart Support Bracket
« on: October 26, 2005, 04:59:33 PM »

Does anyone have a picture of the new support bracket
installed on there ride? Does it blend in and look good??

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
Re: Rinehart Support Bracket
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 06:05:36 PM »

I just ordered one from Bub (chrome version) and expect I'll get it installed next week, if not sooner. Try and take some pics and post them here.
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 06:17:26 PM »

I'll be anxiously awaiting those photos.  Bub ought to send us all one 'gratis' as it was a manufactoring/design defect that should be 'recalled'........'course I'm not holding my breath on that one.  What's the cost of the chrome one to retro-fit, anyway?     [smiley=nixweiss.gif] spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 07:21:19 PM »

Agreed on the free replacement Spy, should be a one time recall item I think. There's enough bad publicity about pipes already and it would be great if a mfg. actually stood behind their products and admit then it's screwed up.

Here's what I got for pricing for their "optional support bracket assembly" , the black model KR5-1000 is $30.50 and the chrome model KR5-1001 is $32.75. I went with the chrome since it seems to mount in a more visible location. Contact there is: Jennifer Eagle, Sales Manager- Motorcycle's, ATV 's and Sport Bike's. BUB Enterprises, Inc., (530) 477-7490 x 208 or  email her Jeagle@bubent.com. I  couldn't find these parts on their webpage, but she did respond right away to email inquiry.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

hdturner

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 07:19:09 AM »

have been running rineharts for about a year, and after returning from daytona i discovered my back cylinder header pipe bracket was broken off. It left a hole in the pipe the size of a quarter. I called rinehart and spoke to Karen in the warrenty dept, with-out hesitation she sent me a new header pipe and a new improved support bracket NO CHARGE!

delnel

• Full CVO Member
  • Just Enjoying Life!! Ride On
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 08:18:11 AM »

I have had my Rinehardts on my current ride for 18 months and the same pipes on my 03 SERK. I have never had a problem but broke a motor mount and in turn broke the pipe mount and put a hole in the pipe I am waiting for a new pipe and bracket right now. >:(
Never be afraid to do something new. Remember amateurs built the ark and professionals built the titanic

Laker

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2005, 02:57:04 PM »

In wanting/needing a new support bracket from Rinehart, I took a shot to see if I could get it for free. Below is the email I sent and the reply. Great customer service in my mind. CVOJOE, I appreciate the email address in your post.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Karen's email address is karen@bubent.com. I assume that if you've had a rear header already replaced, they would be happy to send you a new bracket.

If you can provide me with an address, I would be happy to send you our new support bracket at no cost to you.

Karen McRobbie
Warranty Dept.

BUB Enterprises
180 Clydesdale Court
Grass Valley, CA 95945
1-800-934-9739
Fax (530) 273-3406

Operating Hours Monday –Friday
8:00am-3:30pm Pacific Standard Time

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2005 6:54 AM
To: Jeagle@bubent.com
Subject: Rinehart Support Bracket

Hello Jennifer,

I obtained your name and email from the web site www.cvoharley.com. I have a set of the true duals and have replaced the rear header unit once in the year that I have owned them. I have come to learn that Rinehart now has a new and improved mounting system for the rear header pipe. It seems as the mounting system I currently have will fail again. It is just a matter of when and where. My question to you is this. Would it be possible for you to send me the new mounting system in lieu of replacing the pipe in the future? This might be better for both of us. Thank you.

Matt Lake
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 03:01:33 PM by Laker23 »

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2005, 03:51:22 PM »

Hey Laker, reckon they'll send you the 'chrome' one?   [smiley=nixweiss.gif] spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

HDJamsTX

• Full CVO Member
  • It's Hammer Time!!!
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2005, 04:43:44 PM »

Does this new bracket mount in a very visable location? or is it
behind the pipe itself??

Laker

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2005, 05:41:30 PM »

Hey Laker, reckon they'll send you the 'chrome' one?   [smiley=nixweiss.gif] spyder

Spyder, in my email back to Karen I told her that I wanted the chrome one. She didn't reply saying that she couldn't so hopefully that is the one she will send.

Laker

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2005, 05:43:30 PM »

behind the pipe itself??

Not sure about the look. I will post some pics of it once installed. One thing you might want to do is email BUB. They might already have a pic that they can email you.

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2005, 09:24:26 PM »

NICE [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] About time a company gets behind their product and makes some people happy !!
 Glad to get this post so that I too can resolve this problem, or at least to try.
04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

LETS_ROLL

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you're happy and you know it, Punch the Clown!!
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2005, 09:54:11 PM »

Anyone have any pics. of the new bracket installed on their scoot.  Let's Roll [smiley=worthless.gif]
LET'S ROLL
2009 FLTRSE3
2011 FLHXSE2

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2005, 12:24:59 AM »

behind the pipe itself??
The bracket attaches to the rear lower 3 primary cover bolts. The visible part is flat and curved to follow the curve of the primary. I was going to take pix but the bike was picked up. It doesn't look too bad.

delnel

• Full CVO Member
  • Just Enjoying Life!! Ride On
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2005, 08:08:57 AM »

I dont have pictures yet but installed a chrome bracket on my ride over the weekend it looks good.
Never be afraid to do something new. Remember amateurs built the ark and professionals built the titanic
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 21 queries.