Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Rinehart Support Bracket  (Read 9419 times)

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
  • It's Only $Money$...And I Can Make Some More!!
Re: Rinehart Support Bracket
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2006, 10:00:27 AM »

The dealers solution to not have the problem that has been occuring with some of these pipes was not to use the bracket that mounts to the starter. I noticed the tab was just hanging down and not connected to anything.

Yep, my dealer did the same thing when they installed my pipes quite some time ago...said that in their opinion the bracket was not needed and that they never had one come back with a problem that was installed that way.  The bracket is there, but there is no bolted connection...so far, no problems with mine either.
2003 Screamin' Eagle Road King with Custom "Real Fire" Paint Scheme
Zipper's 117" Kit, Including:
   H-D Race Tuner
   Zippers 54MM Throttle Body
   RedShift 647 Cams

Diamond Cut Cylinders & Heads
Custom Engraved Front Lower Legs, Primary Inspection Cover & Saddlebag Latch Covers

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2006, 06:32:35 PM »

Received an email today from Bub, said they're shipping new brackets out 'approximately 01/16'.
So, we'll hopefully have some more experience with the updated bracket shortly. Almost like re-newing Bub subscription once a year  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] BUT, at least they are addressing the problem and communicating better than many vendors these days.
 [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Laker

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2006, 09:01:54 PM »

Received the new bracket today via UPS. Hopefully I can throw it on in the next few weeks.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2006, 09:17:11 PM »

Received the new bracket today via UPS. Hopefully I can throw it on in the next few weeks.
Hey Laker, let us hear how the install on the new bracket goes, 'cause I'm hoping to get one from them shortly.  thanks, spyder [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Crawdaddy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Enjoy your Freedom
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2006, 06:26:36 AM »

Hey Laker, let us hear how the install on the new bracket goes, 'cause I'm hoping to get one from them shortly.  thanks, spyder [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Laker

I received my new pipe and bracket yesterday.  It still has a bracket welded on the pipe, but it also has the new clamp fix.  Now that I have V&H true duels and SE mufflers, I have a decision to make on which to use.  Anyone want to help with that?

Laker

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2006, 10:44:02 AM »

Will do Spyder. I am trying to arrange time over the weekend.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

JMIUAE

« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2008, 11:19:11 AM »

I just talked with Jennifer as well - great customer service. My support bracket also broke off and punched a half-dollar size whole in the header pipe. Bub is sending me a new pipe without any hassles at all.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 21 queries.