Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Author Topic: Decision: '05 SEEG or '06 Ultra SEEG  (Read 15076 times)

SE_ULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
  • CAUTION: Extreamly shinny. WEAR EYE PROTECTION
Re: Decision: '05 SEEG or '06 Ultra SEEG
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2005, 02:13:19 PM »

Jeff, where is the bike you're thinking about?  Might be someone on the board that is close by that could take a preliminary look for you.  At least find out enough to find out if the flight is worthwhile?

OK, off topic I know, but when I saw this post I had to respond. As a newbie, this post sums up exactly what I have found this site is all about! People infected with the HD virus helping others with the same condition. Even the suggestion that someone from the board would take a "first look" demonstrates the network of great people you have all formed. I'm glad I happened on this site, and will be here for some time I am sure!  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
2006 FLHTCUSE
TrueDuals, 6-Speed, Stage-1, Race Tuner, High Flow
...and a shiny little bell

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2005, 03:03:02 PM »

Jeff, I know that I answered this privately but I'll answer on the board as well for everyone's benefit.  I decid3ed to try CA DMV before bringing the bike to Nevada.  They did the inspection, marked the form as a 49 state bike, then gave me plates.  I guess that they screwed up but I'm not complaining.  About 2 months later I received a letter from CA DMV stating that I should not have the plates and that I have to bring the bike to DMV.  Since I have over 6K miles on it already, I'm waiting to reach 7500 before doing so.

The only scary thing that comes to mind here is if the State will have some penalty for having ridden a bike that should have been illegal to have on the street.  Won't even be able to really argue ignorance of the rules in question and their error likely won't be part of the equation.  

God knows what, but improper registration and a few other things come to mind.  Good luck Ernie.  With any luck the DMV won't hassle you.  But expecting no hassle from a DMV has got to be a lot like expecting kisses and flowers from a cheap hooker.

jdracing

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2005, 11:08:04 AM »

Alright, I'm jumping on a plane tomorrow to go out and look at an '05 red one and see if we can put a deal together.  It'll involve a second trip to go pick it up, if everything works out.

And HD-Dude, I talked to Livermore H-D on Sunday.  The orange '04 out there has 800 miles on it.  The sales guy says they want $35,000 (plus tax, title, etc).  I thought that was a tad bit on the high side (kind of in the same way our Gulf Coast has had a tad bit of wind and rain recently).  But then, I'm a newbie with less than a dozen posts, what do I know?

Jeff

« Last Edit: November 01, 2005, 11:10:28 AM by jdracing8rbb »
Jeff
Fremont, CA

2005 Cherry SEEG, V&H Dresser Duals, Samson Rolled Thunder Mufflers, Ness Big Sucker, and Race Tuner

2005 Sierra Red/Silver Dyna Low Rider (Wife's ride), SE Tapered Mufflers, Ness Big Sucker, and Stage

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2005, 11:13:01 AM »

Alright, I'm jumping on a plane tomorrow to go out and look at an '05 red one and see if we can put a deal together.  It'll involved a second trip to go pick it up, if everything works out.

And HD-Dude, I talked to Livermore H-D on Sunday.  The orange '04 out there has 800 miles on it.  The sales guy says they want $35,000 (plus tax, title, etc).  I thought that was a tad bit on the high side (kind of in the same way our Gulf Coast has had a tad bit of wind and rain recently).  But then, I'm a newbie with less than a dozen posts, what do I know?

Jeff

Good luck on your trip. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

That Orange SEEG has been there for at least 2 months, Last time I was in there I asked if they were willing to negitiate on the price, the response was "if i'm serious". I wasn't but thought they me come down on price since its been there so long. [smiley=nixweiss.gif] If they wait it out long enough i'm sure the'll get it

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2005, 11:47:28 AM »

Alright, I'm jumping on a plane tomorrow to go out and look at an '05 red one and see if we can put a deal together.  It'll involve a second trip to go pick it up, if everything works out.

Jeff

Does it have a ton of extra parts/value hung on it.  Or are they just on hallucinogens?

jdracing

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2005, 11:52:54 AM »

The latter, I think.

Jeff
Jeff
Fremont, CA

2005 Cherry SEEG, V&H Dresser Duals, Samson Rolled Thunder Mufflers, Ness Big Sucker, and Race Tuner

2005 Sierra Red/Silver Dyna Low Rider (Wife's ride), SE Tapered Mufflers, Ness Big Sucker, and Stage

jdracing

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2005, 06:46:26 PM »

Hey JeffJ,

I wanted to follow up on your comment last weekend earlier in this thread about the yellow '05 at Visalia H-D they were supposed to be putting on the showroom floor, so thought I'd at least call down there and see what they were asking for it.  The sales guy confirmed the owner was riding the banana '05, but that "it wasn't for sale at this point."  Anyway, maybe they just don't want to talk to out-of-towners over the phone about it, but according to this guy, it's not on the floor for sale.  

Jeff
Jeff
Fremont, CA

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2005, 07:25:25 PM »

The red SEEG at SJHD is being ridden by the owner (Bubba).  Not sure if it's for sale or not
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

jdracing

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2005, 07:40:30 PM »

Thanks Ernie.  I actually called them too, on Sunday.  Bought my wife's '05 FXDLI from them about 6 weeks ago.  Talked to their sales manager (Will?).  Said the red '05 SEEG was "long gone."  Who knows what to believe?  

Jeff
Jeff
Fremont, CA

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2005, 09:12:50 PM »

Hey JeffJ,

I wanted to follow up on your comment last weekend earlier in this thread about the yellow '05 at Visalia H-D they were supposed to be putting on the showroom floor, so thought I'd at least call down there and see what they were asking for it.  The sales guy confirmed the owner was riding the banana '05, but that "it wasn't for sale at this point."  Anyway, maybe they just don't want to talk to out-of-towners over the phone about it, but according to this guy, it's not on the floor for sale.  

Jeff

Jeff, sorry I thought the owner was going to sell it but I guess he just put it on the showroom floor for Sunday's Toy Run. Our Toy Run raised $42k it was a lot of fun.

The Local HOG Director is selling his 04 Blue SEEG as he is getting a new Ultra, his wife complains that the ride is uncomfortable with the bike being lowered. Sure you could call back to Visalia HD and ask the salesman about 04 Blue SEEG

jeffj

jdracing

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2005, 09:16:19 PM »

Thanks Jeff.  Flying out to look at (and maybe buy) a red one tomorrow.  Keepin' my fingers crossed.  

Jeff
Jeff
Fremont, CA

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2005, 09:20:31 PM »

Have a safe trip
Take your own peanuts as airlines have cut way back

Good Luck

jeffj

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2005, 11:29:02 PM »

Thanks Jeff.  Flying out to look at (and maybe buy) a red one tomorrow.  Keepin' my fingers crossed.  

Jeff

Good luck  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2005, 02:18:55 PM »

Hey JD, if you haven't made the commitment, there's an '05 SEEG green meanie on ebay with a $27K 'Buy-It-Now" it's located in the Sacto area. Maybe give it a go if that's your color. Here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Harley-Davidson-Touring-Electra-Glide-S-E-HARLEY-SCREAMIN-EAGLE-ELECTRA-GLIDE05-NO-RESERVE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ49996QQitemZ4586935688QQrdZ1
Good luck!
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

jdracing

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2005, 11:39:53 PM »

Thanks Joe.  I've been watching that one too.  It's also on Cycle Trader for 26K, although it's got a few more miles than the 1000 mile red one I went out to see today.  And while that teal one is a nice color, the two tone candy red just does it for me.

So I BOUGHT IT TODAY!  The bike is now safe and sound in my buddy's garage with the cover on it in Scottsadale, AZ, about 10 miles from where the seller was.  Got everything that came with it, including the dealer sales agreement, warranty card, manual, etc, and everything else that came new with the bike (Oh, yeah, and the TITLE too).  What a rush tto ride it to it's new temporary quarters.  Will pick it up Thanksgiving weekend.

And got home just in time to see that 8 mile yellow one on eBay hit $31K, with reserve not met.  Felt OK with getting this one for somewhat less than that.    

Don't know how I 'm going to be able to wait.  I've ridden Harleys for a long time, but nothing like this one.  Thank you all for the guidance over the past week, and I look forward to continuing to be part of this website.

Jeff
« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 11:52:08 PM by jdracing8rbb »
Jeff
Fremont, CA

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.204 seconds with 21 queries.