Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: Issue with Power Commander Five (PC-V)  (Read 17769 times)

GtreetSlide

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Issue with Power Commander Five (PC-V)
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2009, 08:51:48 PM »

After using Twinscan, Wego, PC, and SERT the TTS seems so simple I almost feel cheated out of all those long hours of tuning, LOL

jb

Birdman

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2009, 09:02:09 PM »

Diamondback,
   I received that exact same response from Dynojet.
   I think I am going to give Steve at fullsac a call and talk to him about the TTS tuner.

Smuuth,
  If you can get the stage one download it Xtends the rev limiter to 6200.  The tac will work properly with PC-V whether you have the auto tune or not.  The dealership I am working with says there is no stage one download for the SERG.

JB that funny.  LMAO   :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4:

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2009, 10:46:57 PM »

??? ??? ???

My dealership said there is a quote "stage one" download.  Go figure.

I'm going to ride tomorrow to see if mine goes above 5000.

:orange: :orange: :orange:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2009, 06:50:12 AM »

After reading this tread on the PCV not going to 6200 limit, and mine with this set up does, I went to my dealers to find out why why mine did, Guess what? My stock ecm is booted to 6200, seems they did this on the set up as I liked it on my first 09 SERG. They just added to this new bike for me, free.   Doc

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2009, 07:05:40 AM »

After reading this tread on the PCV not going to 6200 limit, and mine with this set up does, I went to my dealers to find out why why mine did, Guess what? My stock ecm is booted to 6200, seems they did this on the set up as I liked it on my first 09 SERG. They just added to this new bike for me, free.   Doc

Hmmmmmm.........a dealer trying to help a customer after the sale???? Seems suspicious to me!
JUST KIDDING! Sounds like you have a "keeper" of a dealership there! Lucky you!
HOGMIKE

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2009, 08:32:33 AM »

:) ;) ;D 8)

This is great news since you are the first that confirms the HD download exists (and confirmed).  Tommorrow I'll find out if mine has this download.  Seems on any SE the download should be free.

Makes me feel better about the PC V and their answer about the tach.

I have had nothing but a great experience with Fuel Moto and the PC V (and autotune).  With my 07 it took a long time to get it "right".  With my 09 it worked right out of the box.  It's cooler, has more power and get's better gas mileage than when it was stock.

:bananarock: :jalapeno: :pepper:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 1999 Road King

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2009, 10:28:42 PM »

Birdman, Since I last saw you I have done the TTS/mastertune to mine. Works good and Doc was very helpfull. If you want to stop by and check it out give me a call or PM.
RETIRED! :fireman:

Birdman

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2009, 05:00:02 PM »

After reading some of the resent post I asked my dealer check again with Harley Motor Company to see about the stage one for my bike. They are being told that there is no way they will be able to make the Tac work properly when you have the rev xtender enabled with the PC-V  :sauer005:.  The MOCO insist there is no stage one download for the 09 SERG.  They come set up for the heavy breather and the VIN has restrictions when it comes to what can be downloaded to it.

Diamondback,
   Did you have any luck with your visit to the dealership?

Brassspike,
   I will be back in town this weekend. I will be riding through your area on Saturday I will give you a call.

Godeater

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2001 ScreaminEagle Road Glide Blk/Sil
    • Radical Cycle
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2009, 12:26:39 AM »

Just my 2 cents but as the guy running the dyno, the version of Tuning Link that we have from Dynojet is a beta ver that doesn't have all the bells and whistles working on it yet.  Biggy is no headtemp reading in tuning link, so running fans is hard to judge.  Below 230 deg ecu adds fuel (choke), and above 320 deg ecu takes away fuel (thinks bike is to hot).  So have to think there will be firmware upgrade for the PC V to go alone with the working ver of the software when it comes out.
2001 FLTRISE2 103 Stroker
Screamin Eagle Forged Stroker Crank
Screamin Eagle Forged Stroker Pistons 5 Over
Stock Jugs 5 Over
Polished and Ported Stock Heads
Manly Titanium Springs 640 Lift
Manly Stainless Valves
Screamin Eagle Cam Plate and High Flo Pump
S&S 585 Gear Drives
Horse Power Inc. 51mm Intake with Screamin Eagle 25 deg Injectors 62 psi Fuel Reg
Power Commander III USB
Screamin Eagle Heavy Breather
D&D Fatcat Stand Baffle
Baker OD6 speed
Lowered 2 inchs
Danny Grey Seat

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2009, 07:29:21 AM »

:o :o :o

Haven't been  by yet.  Will be there today.  Saw their lead tech at bike nite and he indicated there is a download but that they are not allowed to install it on a street legal bike.  Does that mean the race version (??????) sets up to a higher HD rpm level????

Let you know.  But it doesn't sound promising.

:-\ :-\ :-\

Former 1999 Road King

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2009, 09:24:48 AM »

After reading some of the resent post I asked my dealer check again with Harley Motor Company to see about the stage one for my bike. They are being told that there is no way they will be able to make the Tac work properly when you have the rev xtender enabled with the PC-V  :sauer005:.  The MOCO insist there is no stage one download for the 09 SERG.  They come set up for the heavy breather and the VIN has restrictions when it comes to what can be downloaded to it.

Diamondback,
   Did you have any luck with your visit to the dealership?

Brassspike,
   I will be back in town this weekend. I will be riding through your area on Saturday I will give you a call.

When they hook up your bike to the Digital Tech equipment, they can query for available calibrations.  Everything is tied to the VIN of the bike (and no, you can't just type in a different VIN), and the equipment will only list those calibrations that are legal for your VIN.  In the case of the CVO110's, I assume that the stock maps already carry the stage 1 nomenclature just like the CVO103's did.  The ones we had to download on the older bikes were called "stage 1 race", and those were the ones that increased the rev limit to 6200.  You won't find any "race" calibrations on the Digital Tech anymore, those are part of the RACE USE ONLY! maps supplied with the SERT.  (I just love how H-D pretends to support the law, and uses it as an excuse for not fixing certain issues, but they are more than happy to sell the "RACE USE ONLY!" stuff by the boat load to folks who they know damned well ride strictly on the street.  But Mr. EPA, we put the "RACE USE ONLY!" stickers on the catalog and the parts, what more can we do (wink-wink)?  Makes me want to puke.

Perhaps, assuming what they did wasn't illegal and therefore won't get them in trouble, Doc could get his dealership to explain exactly how they increased his rev limit to 6200 :confused5:   Did they download a SERT map, or use a map meant for one of the approved accessories like the Heavy Breather, or is there a way they can reset it with Digital Technician?  Inquiring minds would love to know.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2009, 09:52:43 AM »

>:( >:( >:(

Excellent point.

That makes sense that the SSERT raises the RPM level of the Tach so we know HD can and does do it. They just want some more money.

I know my dealer has under duress installed the Sert to make the customer happy at no charge (me on my 07 that would never run right until after I spent a thousand on the TMAT solution and three - yes three rebuilds).

:soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox:

Former 1999 Road King

Birdman

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2009, 10:17:48 AM »

Jerry,
  Thanks for that excellent point!!  I am going to the dealership tomorrow to pick up my bike when I get there I am going to talk to them about what you just wrote.  They have had my bike for two weeks to try and figure out how to make it work and no fix yet.
  I have asked the service manager at the dealership to try and figure out how I can have the revlimiter xtended and have the tac work properly.  He said the only way is to put a race tuner on the bike.    THAT NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

The other way will be to wait for someone like Thundermax to come out with a tuner that will replace the stock ECM.  All the after market tuners are having a difficult time breaking the code for the fly by wire system that why we haven't seen one from TMAX or anyone else.

I truly love riding my Harley's I just don't like how they make it so difficult for us to get the best performace out of them once we spend our hard earned $$ to get them.

DOC,
  Like Jerry said it sure would be nice if you can find out from your dealer how they we able to make your work properly.

Thanks, Mike

Smuuth

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSEĀ³
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2009, 10:43:38 AM »

I have talked with one of the lead service techs at my dealer as well.  He pretty much confirms what Jerry posted.  He told me the SE 110s are already set up as Stage I and have a 5800 rpm rev limit in the stock ECM download.  According to him, the factory says they cannot do the Stage II download to the SE bikes, which would raise the rev limit to 6200.  He also confirmed it is VIN restricted.  If you have a stock 96 cubic inch 2009 bike and buy the 110 cubic inch Stage II equipment, then you get the 6200 rev limit download with that, but even then you have to pay for it.
Patriot Guard

The best thing about riding in the rain is you don't have to stop to piss.

GtreetSlide

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2009, 03:49:42 PM »

Wierd... On my 09, the TTS will let me set the rev limit all the way up to 7500 and my tach still works fine..

jb
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.248 seconds with 22 queries.