Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2009 Fat Bob CVO - Orange/Black  (Read 5403 times)

RSBear

• 2009 Fat Bob CVO
2009 Fat Bob CVO - Orange/Black
« on: May 10, 2009, 02:39:23 AM »

Traded in my non-CVO Fat Bob for this today - stopping by the dealership to say "hi" to a friend can be expensive!  Would appreciate folk's thoughts on slip-on mufflers - the stock ones suck.  Had Khrome Werks slip-ons on my old Bob, but they were a bit loud for my taste.

:orange:

« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 02:43:04 AM by RSBear »

oldfool

Re: 2009 Fat Bob CVO - Orange/Black
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 09:33:59 AM »

Love the color in pitchers but have yet to see one in person.

oldfool

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 09:37:28 AM »

Has anyone seen a orange-black Fat Bob in northern california?  Thanks

davidceder

• CVO1: 2009 Fat Bob CVO FXDFSE
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 10:58:25 AM »

I have the same bike. I put on the RUSH slip-ons with the 1.75 baffles. Like them a lot but we each have different tasts. Look exactly like stock which is what I wanted. You can swap baffels for about $70.00 to make louder or lower. Picked up 4 hourse and 10 ft lbs of torque.

David

harris48cars

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 07:54:25 PM »

Just got back from Gatlinburg area. While down there I got to see the new Orange/Black SE Fat Bob at Smokeymountain HD. They should have done the O/B from the beginning. That thing almost looks as good as the yellow ones. Definately my second choice after yellow. Very, very nice.
  Gary

lowriderfxr

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 07:05:00 PM »

Just got back from Gatlinburg area. While down there I got to see the new Orange/Black SE Fat Bob at Smokeymountain HD. They should have done the O/B from the beginning. That thing almost looks as good as the yellow ones. Definately my second choice after yellow. Very, very nice.
  Gary
I agree completely. Had I not gotten the yellow I would have gotten the orange.
Initially the orange was my first choice, but when that yellow gets out in the sun, it really dances!

harris48cars

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 07:21:29 PM »

True lowrider. I doubt many people realize what a dramatic effect the sun has on the yellow pearl paint as it is subtle until the sun hits hit. When I pull it out oif the garage I always walk around it a few times to enjoy the changing of colors. Don' t want to hijack this thread so I'll repeat that the O/B is absolutely georgeous in it's own right.
  Gary

Ms Tedi

• My Street Dream & California Girl & Mardi Gras

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTC-SE Candy Cobalt & Starlight Black wi Copper and Blue Pinstriping
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE2 "Mardi Gras" Yellow Blue & Red
    • CVO3: 2009 FXDF-SE Black Diamond & Fire Quartz 1987 FXR-C
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 01:16:17 AM »

Bike looks great.  I went with Rhinehart 2into1 because I wanted the performance and wanted to remove as much heat from my leg as possible.  The best thing I ever did.  Supertrapp makes another good 2into1 pipe.  Best and luck and enjoy.

Ms Tedi

2fatbob09

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2009, 09:14:54 AM »

If you know anyone who is looking for "bright colors" like you all have, there is a bright yellow and a bright orange FXDFSE in NH.......the dealers state that they cannot sell them as customers are saying they are just too bright for an everyday ride.....dealers are willing to take an additional $1000 off just to get rid of them.....you can never go wrong with a black bike :drink:

RSBear

• 2009 Fat Bob CVO
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2009, 11:24:19 PM »

Thanks, everyone, for your ideas on pipes.  Here's how the story ends (for now):

The sales guy at my HD dealer bought my old Fat Bob the same day I traded it in on the CVO Fat Bob.  A couple weeks later he decided to go with completely new pipes (a 2-into-1 setup) so today he gave me back the Khrome Werks slip-ons.  They went on my CVO this afternoon this afternoon.  Vroom - slight increase in power, power band seems smoother, and now the bike sounds like a Harley and not a Honda.  Happy days.

And I think it's funny and cool that my new bike is wearing the mufflers off my old bike, especially considering the old one was dealer trade in.

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 21 queries.