Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Posting SERT Map for FLHTCUSE  (Read 4917 times)

SEGeaserGlide06

• Junior CVO Member
  • 06 FLHTCUSE

• CVO1: 2006 FLTHCUSE Black Emerald and Majestic Green
Posting SERT Map for FLHTCUSE
« on: November 06, 2005, 10:17:35 AM »

Here is the MAP produced on the Dyno at Earl Small's H-D in Marietta GA.  I have added SE breather 29440-99C , K&N filter HD-0800 and SE Pro Slip-ons 65115-98B to the CVO 103.  This MAP produced 90 HP and 95 FT-LB torque STD.  

Dyno chart is available here

http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1131077608

J.J.

• Full CVO Member
  • If you can accept losing, you can't win
Re: Posting SERT Map for FLHTCUSE
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2005, 11:55:06 AM »

Did you use a HD race tuner or a power comander III?  Numbers seem a little low compared to other results.  They have been 100/100 give or take a few.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 11:55:49 AM by jja1976 »
2006 Black and Slate
SE Stage 1
Rinehart True Duals
HD Race Tuner
99.8HP 103TQ

06ULTRASE

• Senior CVO Member
  • In Memory of Scott Wheelihan

• CVO1: 06 FLHTUCSE (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTUCSE8
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2005, 12:17:59 PM »

[smiley=confused5.gif]Just my 2 cents worth here. I have had an indepth talk wih the local dealer about HP / Torque improvements. I told him about the gains that have been posted here where the exhaust was changed to true duals, K&N aircleaner and retune using a power commander. He says the numbers aren't going to be achieved with those mods it would take internal mods to get one over 100/100. I don't know, I want to believe him but I believe what has been posted her also.  The chart posted here seems to be inline with what I'm being told locally. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2005, 12:37:39 PM »

[smiley=confused5.gif]Just my 2 cents worth here. I have had an indepth talk wih the local dealer about HP / Torque improvements. I told him about the gains that have been posted here where the exhaust was changed to true duals, K&N aircleaner and retune using a power commander. He says the numbers aren't going to be achieved with those mods it would take internal mods to get one over 100/100. I don't know, I want to believe him but I believe what has been posted her also.  The chart posted here seems to be inline with what I'm being told locally. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

06, based on only the minimal sampling we've seen so far the 06 bikes they don't seem to be pulling quite the numbers that the prior 103 based bikes have done.  Can't say why but that's been the impression.  Without regard to the dealer's insights, however, the motor will do 100/100 and just a bit more without touching the internals.

Even in just our limited numbers here we've seen it happen too many times for it to be an anomaly.  Of course I can't imagine a dealer thinking he might have an opportunity to sell engine work and not ............   oh, never mind  ;D

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2005, 12:38:28 PM »

The MoCo ADVERTISED 100 ft.lbs.torque!  Who you gonna believe?   [smiley=alien.gif] [smiley=skull.gif]  Har!   spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2005, 12:45:35 PM »

The MoCo ADVERTISED 100 ft.lbs.torque!  Who you gonna believe?   [smiley=alien.gif] [smiley=skull.gif]  Har!   spyder

Yeah, but they put pictures of pretty girls in the advertising and I didn't get one of those with the bike either  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] .

06ULTRASE

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2005, 08:23:06 PM »

JEFFJ did a post on his 06 where Freedom put their exhaust, a K&N filter and a Power Commander and dyno'd it with I believe 104 / 104. The local dealer says he doesn't know anything about the Power Commander only SERT. Is the Power Commander better than the SERT in getting HP out of the 103?
Also if I opt to go the PC way what would it do to my WTY?
My reason for all the questions is I have V&H slipons already on the bike and want to go the true dual route, this is going to require me to do something with the computer, so I'm weighing which way to go. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2005, 10:00:00 PM »

JEFFJ did a post on his 06 where Freedom put their exhaust, a K&N filter and a Power Commander and dyno'd it with I believe 104 / 104. The local dealer says he doesn't know anything about the Power Commander only SERT. Is the Power Commander better than the SERT in getting HP out of the 103?
My reason for all the questions is I have V&H slipons already on the bike and want to go the true dual route, this is going to require me to do something with the computer, so I'm weighing which way to go. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

06, folks often seem to get almost religious about a RT or PCIII choice.  Their both tools toward the same end.  Each has pros and cons.  Quite frankly the RT has a few bells and whistles not addressed as completely by the PCIII. But in the end they'll both get the job done.  And you or I nor anyone else without a dyno is never going to effectively realize the benefit of either of them.  So the sanest advice I would offer is don't worry about which one you get.  You just don't care.  Find out who in your area is a good tuner.  Even a great tuner.  Then find out which one he prefers.  You're paying him to use the tool for you anyway.  So get whichever one he likes.

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2005, 05:03:08 PM »

Twolanerider, hit it on the head both pieces work good but what you really need to find is the Tuner, the guy on the Dyno who won't quit until its right. I rode my bike over 700 miles round trip to hook up with Brad at Freedom Cycles and I could have cared less if he used SERT or Power Commander. The Tuner is whats going to separate your scooter from the others, spend the time and money and get it done right the 1st time.

The only slight difference I see right now is that Power Commander will not advance the Rev Limiter like the SERT. I talked with a buddie who is into Power Commander and he said that Power Commander will be able to change the Rev Limiter, real soon

Here is the link to Power Commander:
http://www.powercommander.com/

Lots of good info on Power Commander website
« Last Edit: November 07, 2005, 05:04:18 PM by jeffj »

06ULTRASE

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2005, 07:29:54 PM »

Thanks for the insight guys, I guess I need to do some talking with some guys that have had they bikes tuned.

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2005, 07:24:07 AM »

I'm still on the fence as to the PC or RT, and pipes for that matter. The sister shop from where I bought my SEU from is the one around here that does the RT, so I called them yesterday to ask about numbers and combos, what worked, what didn't. I asked about the factory 103 numbers only. He told me that most builds w/Rineharts were close to 100/100, the builds w/stock headers and slip ons were low 90's and close to 100. A V&H pro pipe he had just done did 95/103.  He did say that the worst one was w/V&H true duals. Customer came in w/stock headers and Ovals and wanted the duals. He said the numbers were about 10hp worse, so bad that the customer said put the stock headers back on. I think that with some work, that situation could be improved on. I had V&H duals on my 106 and never felt that I was losing anywhere close to 10 hp. He did confirm that the 06's were producing slightly less that prior years. They originally thought with the new throttle bodies they should be better, but the dyno is not proving that to be the case.

With that said, I'm still on the fence. I want something that's not too loud, so the freedom package is probably not for me. I don't really like the look of the 2 in 1, but they make good quiet power. Having had the V&H duals, I know the're cooler on the thigh and look good.  Oh well, one more month to figure all this out. After talking to the Service tech yesterday, they seem to have a pretty good handle on the RT, and he said that during Dec, they will probably have a free dyno tune w/RT install, so that's probably the way to go. Now for the pipes.   [smiley=confused5.gif]
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2005, 09:27:58 AM »

The dyno tuner at our local shop routinely gets 100hp with no internal mods on 04-05 models. The V&H Pro pipe being slightly better according to him. You are going to find differing opinions from different tuners. As for the Warranty..the PC could be an issue. The PC fools the bikes computer into believing it is not there. The racetuner re-programs the bikes computer.The workaround would be to remove the PC to have any warranty work done. So pick a tuner and go with what he likes.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2005, 09:29:17 AM by tonys »

2up

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2005, 12:10:17 AM »

Did you use a HD race tuner or a power comander III?  Numbers seem a little low compared to other results.  They have been 100/100 give or take a few.
The Post says Screaming Eagle Race Tuner (SERT) map for FLHTCUSE so I would imagine he used a SERT. ;)

2up

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2005, 01:28:11 PM »

Here is the MAP produced on the Dyno at Earl Small's H-D in Marietta GA.  I have added SE breather 29440-99C , K&N filter HD-0800 and SE Pro Slip-ons 65115-98B to the CVO 103.  This MAP produced 90 HP and 95 FT-LB torque STD.  

Dyno chart is available here

http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1131077608
Do you have the part # for the Race Tuner that works on the 06?

SEGeaserGlide06

• Junior CVO Member
  • 06 FLHTCUSE

• CVO1: 2006 FLTHCUSE Black Emerald and Majestic Green
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2005, 08:55:26 PM »

Do you have the part # for the Race Tuner that works on the 06?

The current 4.5 version works with the 06 but there are no "pre-Maps" for the 06 CVO Ultra.  According to the MoCo there won't be any either.  There will only be "Dyno tuned Custom Maps" like this one.  

My reason for the original thread was a concern about the injector size of the 06 CVO and throttle body.  Both are different from the 05 but from what I have read if the bike is tuned via a dyno, not changing the ECM Constant Table from 4.91 gm/sec to 3.95 gm/sec won't be a problem.  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 21 queries.