Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rear turn signal at wrong angle - how do I fix? Giant torx bolt/tire in the way  (Read 2238 times)

cdog

Guys, some lady tapped my fender last fall.   Dealer put on a new one BUT one of my turn signal is facing down 10 degrees from level.   Drives me nuts, as you can tell from behind that they aren't both aimed straight back.

How do I loosen this bolt?  It's a big ass TORX head bolt, and its basically impossible to get to with the rear tire in the way.

Ideas?
2007 CVO Dyna FXDSE, Rinehart Exhaust, PCIII.

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

Put a scissor jack under the dog bone with enough pressure to semi support the bike, remove the lower shock bolts and the jack her up, letting the swingarm drop down with the tire.  Loosen the torx, adjust the turnsignal and reverse to get her back together.  Or you could just do what a dealer would do and grab hold of the turnsignal with your hands and twist it back straight!!!!
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

arthurman83

• CVO1: 2007 FXDSE Red/Black (sold)
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange/Black (sold)
    • CVO3: 2011 FLHXSE2 Orange/Black

Articdude is right, that is the best way to get to it, but you'll have to use a torx key, because you still wont be able to get a socket and ratchet in there.

bigbzhd

I just did the Backrest/Turn signal light conversion over the weekend so I have first hand experience with this issue.
I used my motorcycle jack along with a small block of wood to raise the bike up so that the tire would drop down via the swing arm.  I removed the rear tailight and this gives you a better view of the inside fender torx screw.
I used a small ratchet with a 1/4" torx bit to get in there and it worked.  You can also use the same size torx bit with a 1/4" wrench and loosen and tighten it accordingly but there is limited room to turn the screws.

-Big B

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 21 queries.