Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Solo Seat Suggestions for the 09 SERG  (Read 2328 times)

2UP3DOWN

• Elite CVO Member
  • 2UP3DOWN

• CVO1: 2021 FLHTCUTGSE - Sunset Orange &amp Sunset Black
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO3: 2009 FLTRSE3 Silver Surfer - 2013 FLHRSE5 Crushed Saphire
Solo Seat Suggestions for the 09 SERG
« on: May 19, 2009, 05:13:28 PM »

I finally got my $$$ togather and am ready to pull the trigger on a solo seat for my SERG.

I hate to beat this to death  :beatdeadhorse: but I could use some feedback from those who've actually installed a solo seat on their SERG.  I've had solo seats on all my past and present bikes, and they've all been Corbin up to this point.

Buying a solo seat "sight-unseen" is almost insane. I don't want to spend a rediculous amount of $$ only to find out when it arrives at the front door, that it doesn't fit me.

I figure if I could get a few folks who might  be somewhere near my hieght and inseam to tell me what they bought and how satisfied they were in the end.  I've heard that C&C and Danny Gray solo seats were really made for taller guys.  Not sure if that is true or not.

At 5' 9" with a 31" inseam would anyone recommend a Danny Gray Big Seat or C&C..?  I'd hate to go back to Corbin again...  their quality is really slipping IMHO...

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
Re: Solo Seat Suggestions for the 09 SERG
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 05:43:22 PM »

I finally got my $$$ togather and am ready to pull the trigger on a solo seat for my SERG.

I hate to beat this to death  :beatdeadhorse: but I could use some feedback from those who've actually installed a solo seat on their SERG.  I've had solo seats on all my past and present bikes, and they've all been Corbin up to this point.

Buying a solo seat "sight-unseen" is almost insane. I don't want to spend a rediculous amount of $$ only to find out when it arrives at the front door, that it doesn't fit me.

I figure if I could get a few folks who might  be somewhere near my hieght and inseam to tell me what they bought and how satisfied they were in the end.  I've heard that C&C and Danny Gray solo seats were really made for taller guys.  Not sure if that is true or not.

At 5' 9" with a 31" inseam would anyone recommend a Danny Gray Big Seat or C&C..?  I'd hate to go back to Corbin again...  their quality is really slipping IMHO...

I am 6'1" with a 34" inseam.  I got the Danny Gray Big Seat with rider back rest and Gel inserts.  I have put 600 miles on the seat and really like it.  However it came with an issue, just like the stock seat their was a gap at the console. :(  I call them the day I got it, and they said take pictures, and send it back they would correct it.  I asked if I could ride it a week then send it in.  They said no problem.

So far happy with customer service.  I expect the seat back late this week.  I'll let you know if the issue was correct. 

I will say it was more comforatable and looked better than the mustang I have on my fatboy. 
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

gordy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 09:30:28 PM »

Fooled around with another seat on my Deuce and finally bit the bullet and installed a Corbin. Fit good-ordered a solo for it after that.  When I rode the 'Glide and the seat didn't fit I made one call to Corbin and ordered the solo, 50's pillion and a backrest.  This weekend put 6.5 hours on the saddle just stopping for fuel and had no problems.  I figure that price is secondary, after all I bought a CVO didn't I.  LOL ;D

jettjocky

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 0/B 09 SE Road Glide
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 04:48:53 PM »

I ride about 30K a year, & my butt likes Mustang, but as they say, every butt is different.
10.5 SE pistons, roller rocker arms, Headquarters  575 cams, SE push rods. 100 HP. 119 lbs. torque Progressive F/R

Dragon42

• Full CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 08:05:43 AM »

I went with the C&C.  Great fit and quality.  It will definitely be softer than your Corbin.  So far I like it a lot.  I have a Corbin on my Deuce, and it is good too.  The C&C has nicer leather.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 09:16:39 AM »

Never had my butt burned by Corbins, in fact, they, IMO, out wear all others. they new 09 models are a bit softer.
Price should not be the issue here. My vote, Corbin.
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

baddog652

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCUI W/ SE103 & SE 6 SPEED
    • CVO2: 2003 FLSCTI
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 06:07:28 PM »

Check out Real Deal Customs. They can take a Corbin and make it comfortable or they can make you a custom seat. www.realdealcustoms.com

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 05:44:21 PM »

Just ordered a C&C solo  will be here in 9 to 10 days hope it is as good as everone said it will be, they talked me out of the gel insert  said they hold heat plus their seat are so comfortable you do not need the gel......

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 06:47:15 PM »

I don't recall anyone saying C&C was a good seat, do you? :smoking:

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009, 11:04:09 PM »

Eagle,

Don't buy any until you ride one....  Then, I would require a money back guarantee, or fit modification, if I didn't like the saddle as shipped. That will separate the "Men from the Boys" in a hurry...
The impossible just takes a little longer

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2009, 03:04:31 AM »

I am 6.1 and the HD-signature with rider backrest and the passenger pillon with a medium upright and smooth large BSR-backrest is a very comfortable seat for us , it is not leather , but the quality is very good and the mounting and fitting is perfect , also it changes my angle at the knees to have a better riding position , but i think " small " riders would have problems .
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

2UP3DOWN

• Elite CVO Member
  • 2UP3DOWN

• CVO1: 2021 FLHTCUTGSE - Sunset Orange &amp Sunset Black
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO3: 2009 FLTRSE3 Silver Surfer - 2013 FLHRSE5 Crushed Saphire
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2009, 08:10:33 AM »

I don't recall anyone saying C&C was a good seat, do you? :smoking:

I thought I read past posts saying that folks were very happy with C & C...   I'll have to check backwards.

I appreciate all the feedback/opinions regarding this topic...  Quite honestly, if Corbin had not gone with their newly designed solo seat with the parallel stiching pattern, I might have already gone in that direction. I think that was a bad design to make as a standard...  JMHO.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2009, 08:12:31 AM »

I thought I read past posts saying that folks were very happy with C & C...   I'll have to check backwards.

I appreciate all the feedback/opinions regarding this topic...  Quite honestly, if Corbin had not gone with their newly designed solo seat with the parallel stiching pattern, I might have already gone in that direction. I think that was a bad design to make as a standard...  JMHO.
I thought the same thing until I rode it,

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2009, 08:48:36 AM »

There are more than a few folks here very happy with C&C, likes asses seats are subjective  ;)

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2009, 09:17:37 AM »

I have 13000 miles on my C&C seats. I love em. They're on a Road King. Very well made and comfortable. I've had one Corbin for a modified Duece. They could not get it right but no problem taking it back and refunding money. JMO.

JW

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 22 queries.