Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 2010 Tour Glide FLTGSE  (Read 8006 times)

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
Re: 2010 Tour Glide FLTGSE
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2009, 03:40:06 PM »

In regards to water cooled baggers.. HD has test motors go through the EPA of 2000 and 2400cc that were water cooled.    I'm quite sure if they brought out something with that kind of displacement and V-rod tech  it would produce plenty of power for touring applications..

We shall see what the future holds in a few months...
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2009, 05:17:42 PM »

I was just pointing out there are also many that do not want Everything.

Just think of all the lost sales Harley would have if the Only choice in the Electra glide was the Ultra, no standard, no Classic and no Street Glide, the best selling touring bike.

If they were to Say only offer the Tour Glide loaded like an Ultra they could loose lots of sales.

I agree they are only in business to make money.  But how many would buy and Ultra, and strip it to turn it in to a street Glide the number one selling touring bike?

My Opinion is Harly has missed the boat by only offering the Road Glide one way, not two or three ways like the Do the Electra Glide

Rumor has it that the standard FLHT is one of the bikes that will be discontinued for 2010.
Yes, it is going, however the regular road glide is equiped like a street Glide.  The Street Glide is the number one selling bike.

And like I asked in my post "But how many would buy and Ultra, and strip it to turn it in to a street Glide the number one selling touring bike?"

The standard FLHT did pretty good in sales until the street glide came out.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

jagonza1

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2009, 02:56:02 PM »

I love my 03 and really like the the09 se but I realy hope they don't put the lowers on it.  I'm sorry but its like putting a king tourpack on a roadglide it realy takes the sprtyness out of it and to be honest with you I would rather deal wigh a little rain than the heat on a triple digit day.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2009, 03:07:52 PM »

I love my 03 and really like the the09 se but I realy hope they don't put the lowers on it.  I'm sorry but its like putting a king tourpack on a roadglide it realy takes the sprtyness out of it and to be honest with you I would rather deal wigh a little rain than the heat on a triple digit day.

I guess that's a fair assessment. However, the MoCo is in business to make money and in doing so would want to make as much profit as possible. Profit would come from selling parts that they already have in the lineup and would not cost much to produce and sell them in a package for more money.

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2009, 07:46:18 PM »

I'm not a fan of a complete Ultra Road Glide either. I personally don't need a CB or chrome bumpers and there's not much demand for those parts if you remove them. However, if the MoCo offered a SERG with just the lowers and TP, I would likely have purchased it. It would have been far more reasonably priced than doing a retro fit for those that want the option for long trips. TP could be set up for quick detach and lowers can be removed in minutes.  If you don't want the option you could easily sell on eBay and recover the additional expense added to the MoCo sticker price (likely 50% of what it would cost to retro fit).  Many RG and FLHX owners add detachable TPs for long trips, and I know several Ultra owners who remove their TPs when not needed. 
Hammer - CVO Member #641

2009 FLTRSE3: Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm TB, Dewey's Pro-Street porting, SE cam plate, Zipper's tapered pushrods, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, Twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Danny Gray Big Seat

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2009, 07:57:23 PM »

8) 8) 8)

For the Mo CO is in the business for making whatever product can satisfy the need for profit and sales.  I agree the Tour Pak and Lowers would have been a great option for the RG.  However, the MoCo has the highest profit margin on the Ultra series.  And even more on the SE series of any bike.

Many of the RG's in my area have the tour pak and lowers added.  The success of the CB and intercom on the ultra appears to be a valid reason for the change.

Also,  there is an apparent love for the RG but just not enough sales to not change it.

:nixweiss: :nixweiss:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2009, 07:19:43 AM »

If the 09 SERG looked like the Ultra I for one would not buy it, If I wanted all the crap thats on an Ultra thats what I would have bought. I like the 09SERG as is.  JMO   Doc.

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2009, 07:49:15 AM »

:huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

I agree.  I think having two distinctly different bikes made (or makes) sense.  RG's in Texas sell very well.  I would have thought the would have just added the "Ultra stuff" and created another series of the RG and left the existing one alone.

:coolblue: :coolblue:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 1999 Road King

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2009, 09:35:37 AM »

If the 09 SERG looked like the Ultra I for one would not buy it, If I wanted all the crap thats on an Ultra thats what I would have bought. I like the 09SERG as is.  JMO   Doc.

X2. 

I think the MOCO makes more selling at is, and those who want more stuff, like lowers, tp and so on added, and that is more profit.

The street glide is harleys number 1 selling bike, it does not have all the ultra stuff.

If the 09 SERG was equiped like an Ultra, I doubt I would have bought it.  Too much stuff to take off.

Now a SE Street Glide would have been a strong consideration for me.

However I think the RG has the best ride

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2009, 09:43:50 AM »

X2. 

I think the MOCO makes more selling at is, and those who want more stuff, like lowers, tp and so on added, and that is more profit.

The street glide is harleys number 1 selling bike, it does not have all the ultra stuff.

If the 09 SERG was equiped like an Ultra, I doubt I would have bought it.  Too much stuff to take off.

Now a SE Street Glide would have been a strong consideration for me.

However I think the RG has the best ride

That`s exactly what i would have written
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

viaton

• Rockin' in Hellsinki
  • Full CVO Member
  • 2006 FLSTFSE²
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2009, 03:32:39 PM »

Yup!  :2vrolijk_21:

4stars

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2009, 05:03:39 PM »

I like to ride long distance and enjoy having a CB to talk to other riders I'm with.  I like having lower fairings in the winter and I like having a detachable tour pak. 

From the looks of pictures of SERG posted on this site, I'm not the only one...

Also, I prefer to have it already on from the factory rather than having to 'build' it myself.

Highwaystar

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 SE Fat Boy
    • CVO2: Blown 150HP 09 SE Road Glide
    • CVO3: No need to go further!
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2009, 06:06:58 PM »

Nobody knows a thing and the people who know ain't talking. I spoke with a engineer who designed several components on the SERG by chance at a resort stop in Wisconsin. He said nothing but I could tell from the conversation water is not in the cards and The main change coming will be the discontinuation of non sellers not changing or discontinuing good sellers. Accessories have to be more profitable than the bikes them selves, we all know that. Try and build a Screemin equivalent. So enough about HD's profit strategy, We sound like a bunch of blond nerds with a new CB radio. :drink:
HWStar - Pro Charger; 153 hp 136 ft lbs, Jackpot header, 2-1/4 Fullsac's, TTS and PC-V with auto-tune, Dynojet Quick shifter, Xenon HI/low.

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2009, 09:06:23 PM »

::) ::) ::)

Actually, HD's own indication is the motor clothes and that kind of stuff is there most profitable items.  However, they make the most raw dollars on the bikes themselves.  Plus without selling the bikes they don't need accessories.  They are public and most of the info is public.

Seems like they always suprise us with the killing off of some bikes that don't "seem logical".  Soft Tail Deuce, Dyna Wideglide etc.  However, they have been pretty good at keeping the buyers interest up.  And build a great product with an even better image.

I'd bet they have Road Glide equivalent.  That bike has a loyal following like none other.

:coolblue: :coolblue:

Former 1999 Road King

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2009, 10:45:37 AM »

Nobody knows a thing and the people who know ain't talking. I spoke with a engineer who designed several components on the SERG by chance at a resort stop in Wisconsin. He said nothing but I could tell from the conversation water is not in the cards and The main change coming will be the discontinuation of non sellers not changing or discontinuing good sellers. Accessories have to be more profitable than the bikes them selves, we all know that. Try and build a Screemin equivalent. So enough about HD's profit strategy, We sound like a bunch of blond nerds with a new CB radio. :drink:
Glad I do not have a CB :nervous:
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.786 seconds with 22 queries.