Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: antenna relocation 09 serg  (Read 2958 times)

8 U UP

• Full CVO Member
  • Eat'in em up every chance I get!

• CVO1: 09 SE ROAD GLIDE O/B
    • CVO2: 02 SUPERCHARGED HD F-150 BLACK
    • CVO3: 08 Z51 CORVETTE CONVERTIBLE ATOMIC ORANGE
antenna relocation 09 serg
« on: June 07, 2009, 11:36:19 AM »

hide the antenna in the fairing or use the hd relocation kit? has anyone used the hd kit?

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: antenna relocation 09 serg
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 01:45:21 PM »

The HD relocation kit will not work with the SERG, the extended saddlebags get in the way so save your money and don't but the relocation kit. I ended up using the tune trapper hidden antenna under the fairing with a "Y" connector and then installed a 6'" billet antenna by modifying the stock antenna bracket. The tune trapper by itself didn't seem to do that great of a job but the combination of antennas seems to work well.

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 04:47:13 PM »

T

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 04:54:20 PM »

The antenna relocation kit will work, I have it, only thing is you don't use much of it. You just unscrew the cable from the bottom of the current antenna base and connect the short cable that comes with the kit to the adapter (same adapter that came with my 05 SEEG), works fine. The only difference in the way you use it and the way it was intended to be used is, you unscrew the cable from the bottom of the base instead of the antenna off the top. Hard to explain but if you hold the short antenna lead (the one to the tourpak) in you right hand, and the one on the bike in your left hand, you just use the supplied connector and screw them together then remove the antenna and put it on the tourpak. I switch mine regularly, whether the tourpak is on or not. I had the parts dept at the dealer price out what I needed out of the kit vs buying the complete kit and it is cheaper by a few dollars to just buy the kit. You leave the current antenna base and chrome mount on the bike all the time.

skippy49

• Elite CVO Member
  • Utah, 2008 Best Trip Ever!

• CVO1: 03 SERK Purdue Gold & Black
    • CVO2: 09 SERG Silver & Black
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 07:52:38 PM »

The HD relocation kit will not work with the SERG, the extended saddlebags get in the way so save your money and don't but the relocation kit. I ended up using the tune trapper hidden antenna under the fairing with a "Y" connector and then installed a 6'" billet antenna by modifying the stock antenna bracket. The tune trapper by itself didn't seem to do that great of a job but the combination of antennas seems to work well.

I'll have to check out using two antennas as I have a hidden one now and it doesn't work all that well by its self.
Steve

8 U UP

• Full CVO Member
  • Eat'in em up every chance I get!

• CVO1: 09 SE ROAD GLIDE O/B
    • CVO2: 02 SUPERCHARGED HD F-150 BLACK
    • CVO3: 08 Z51 CORVETTE CONVERTIBLE ATOMIC ORANGE
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 02:48:49 PM »

when I put my luggage rack on with my kuryakn grand tour bag the antenna gets pushed to the side, just tring to figure out what to do with it?

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 05:51:06 PM »

I have a SEUC with the H-D shorty antennas on the tour pak and did the same set up with the tune trapper and the Y connector and have noticed that the stereo looses radio stations all the time.  I decided to remove the Y connector and run the tune trapper. Thinking that I lost gain like with coaxal cable and a splitter but it did not seem to make a difference. kinda upsetting.

Topper 
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

slsecvorg110

• Full CVO Member
  • FLTRSE3 CV0

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 12:07:09 PM »

OK I know this will be unacceptable to many but here goes. When I run my tour pak I simply point my antenna straight out the back and use a black twist tie to attach it to the saddle bag catch. It is simple and primitave but effective. If you don't tell anyone what you have done nobody even notices. I really can't say I have noticed a big change in reception. I just keep my favorite Pink Floyd CD on standby cause it always sounds good!

When finished reverse process.
Orange you glad you got one?  I am!
TTS Mastertune with Fullsac Map. K&N Element.
Fullsac 2" Baffles, Gutted Cat. Bosch Iridium Plugs. 440 Progressive shocks, Passenger floor boards with angle spacers, Driver boards spaced 1". LePera Sorrento Seat. ClearView Re curve wind shield. Mini Beast air horn. Pulsing brake light module. Hyper white head lamps. Detach Chopped Tour Pack. George Anderson Tour Pack Relocator. Wild one 517 bars.

Big-T

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09" SERG O&B
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 10:30:10 PM »

Amplified antenna inside fairing. $25. T.
Never too old to Rock N Roll but too young to die!

Tony Smith

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO2: 2017 FLHXSE
    • CVO3: 2019 FLHXSE
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2009, 10:34:46 PM »

OK I know this will be unacceptable to many but here goes. When I run my tour pak I simply point my antenna straight out the back and use a black twist tie to attach it to the saddle bag catch. It is simple and primitave but effective. If you don't tell anyone what you have done nobody even notices. I really can't say I have noticed a big change in reception. I just keep my favorite Pink Floyd CD on standby cause it always sounds good!

When finished reverse process.

This is how I do mine when the TP is on.   :2vrolijk_21:
2019 FLHXSE Black Forest/Wineberry
2017 FLHXSE Black/Orange FOR SALE
2012 FLTRU Black SOLD
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver SOLD
2007 FXSTC Black Cherry/Pewter SOLD
1988 Suzuki Katana 750 SOLD
1994 Kawasaki KX250 SOLD
1974 Honda 500 (crashed and left in a ditch somewhere)

gordy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2009, 10:55:31 PM »

What antenna?  Tunetrapper in the fairing-works good.

slsecvorg110

• Full CVO Member
  • FLTRSE3 CV0

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2009, 11:18:18 PM »

I love this forum! I have been in the shop tonight  staring at my Baby listening to some choice tunes wondering if it gets any better than this. OK I wanted to ride but the lightening and the rain was a little disconcerting.  Boy I wish this site had spell check!!! (really don't care) Love the SERG... Love my life...Love my wife...how happy can one man be!!!!!!
Orange you glad you got one?  I am!
TTS Mastertune with Fullsac Map. K&N Element.
Fullsac 2" Baffles, Gutted Cat. Bosch Iridium Plugs. 440 Progressive shocks, Passenger floor boards with angle spacers, Driver boards spaced 1". LePera Sorrento Seat. ClearView Re curve wind shield. Mini Beast air horn. Pulsing brake light module. Hyper white head lamps. Detach Chopped Tour Pack. George Anderson Tour Pack Relocator. Wild one 517 bars.

2009FLTRSE3

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2009, 11:36:32 PM »

did you make the Y connector? where can i get one. I am currently running an electronic one but is sucks and is completlley usless with the HID lights on.

Smuuth

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE³
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2009, 12:34:22 AM »

did you make the Y connector? where can i get one. I am currently running an electronic one but is sucks and is completlley usless with the HID lights on.

Here ya go: http://www.parts-express.com//pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=265-584
Patriot Guard

The best thing about riding in the rain is you don't have to stop to piss.

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2009, 12:39:12 AM »

I got it here cheap: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=265-584%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20&FTR=265-584&CFID=11593363&CFTOKEN=46316869
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 21 queries.