Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10  All

Author Topic: Must Have Changes to the SE Ultra  (Read 60476 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Must Have Changes to the SE Ultra
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2005, 10:18:07 PM »

[smiley=stunned.gif] No floating rotor on the rear of the SEUC?

Not only that, it doesn't even match wheels.  :o Spec. sheet from MoCo says...

[highlight]Chrome Front Slotted 6-Spoke Custom Floating Brake Discs[/highlight]

No mention of rear brake.  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 10:21:51 PM by flhtcse2004 »
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2005, 10:24:13 PM »

Not only that, they don't even match wheels.

Yeah, it's the plain ol' everyday rotor that the standard bikes get.  Why, oh why, did they do that?  Cheap, cheap, cheap, MoCo! [smiley=smilie_daumenneg.gif] [smiley=no.gif]

GlideBoy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2005, 09:14:47 AM »

In the category of must have changes, I needed - among other things - more rear visibility; hence my post: "LED (Rear) Lighting."

After reviewing some of the discussion, I just added what I think are some awesome pics/solutions: http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1132970136

What do you think?

BobD

• Senior CVO Member
  • '06 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2006, 10:31:34 AM »

Jeff, you didn't have anything on your list about the radio antenna's. Are you leaving the stock "whippers" on or have you swapped for a neat set of stubbies or under-the-fairing digital. I took my whip antenna's off and installed the 18 inch black rubber aftermarkets. Reception is great on the AM/FM/XM. CB probably wouldn't do too well but I'll never use it anyway.
We will be remembered for all the rules we break.

DREBBIN

• Full CVO Member
  • IBA # 22419
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2006, 06:58:08 AM »

LOL - with my 40th B-day [smiley=nixweiss.gif] around the corner I was wondering what changes you have made to your bikes, chrome, what parts did you change out, wife always asks what to get me and I never know what to tell her, lol so I got my pen and paper here, lets here what you have done......  

Chubby 575 bars. REAL grips with some rubber in them.  KURY Iso boards. Garmin GPS - not the Harley one.  PIAA 510 Passing lamps.  Kury Panacea Tail lamp system.  IMPROVED seat -- geez that stock thing hurt.  Tuls Ent Windshield; stronger, clearer.  IMHO
IBA # 22419
SS1K
SS1K

no-rain

• Senior CVO Member
  • Man it is good to be a SE Ultra owner
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2006, 03:16:17 PM »

Parts I have added to my 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE...

I used Jeff's list to work from (thanks Jeff). Here is my starting list of items; bike should be here in mid Feb:

Genuine Harley-Davidson Parts
Chrome High Performance Starter 1.4 - 31559-99
Chrome Inner Primary - 60739-01
HID Headlamp - 68094-06
Touring Oil Vent Line - 33111-02
Chrome Windshield Molding - 59213-96
Chrome Lower Belt Guard - 60491-02A      
Finned Headbolt Bridge – Silver - 43857-00
Headlamp Trim Ring - 69627-99
Passing Lamp Trim Ring - 69622-99B

I almost have my 05 SE Fatboy completely chromed out, but now to start working on the new bike.

No-Rain aka (Rainman)
--  No-Rain (aka rainman)  --
06 SE Ultra List of UCEG SE mods
05 SE Fatboy

bgregston

• Elite CVO Member
  • Life's short! Get busy living or get busy dying!
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2006, 06:06:36 PM »

I'm already on my way I think. I've dropped over $500 on shinny stuff for a bike I don't even have yet.

I have two questions.
First, I didn't notice until I got home after buying a few items, but the dealer charged me $5 for special handling to order a part they didn't have in stock. I guess the fee is to order the item and then call me when it comes in. Do your dealers do that? Not that it's a great amount of money but I just thought it was messed up.

Second question, if I buy chrome Brembos for the front and a black Brembo for the back, do I still have OCD?
2006 FLHTCUSE
Autumn Haze
D&D Fat Cats
SERT
Zippers A/C

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2006, 06:18:13 PM »

I'm already on my way I think. I've dropped over $500 on shinny stuff for a bike I don't even have yet.

I have two questions.
First, I didn't notice until I got home after buying a few items, but the dealer charged me $5 for special handling to order a part they didn't have in stock. I guess the fee is to order the item and then call me when it comes in. Do your dealers do that? Not that it's a great amount of money but I just thought it was messed up.

Second question, if I buy chrome Brembos for the front and a black Brembo for the back, do I still have OCD?

Answers to your questions and these are just my opinions.

1. If it's a H-D part it will be shipped along with all the other parts that H-D dealers receive several times a week. So I would think that is inappropriate to charge you a special handling fee. Also is this the same dealer you bought bike from or already spent $500 on chrome for a bike you haven't took delivery on yet? Lastly my dealer has never charged me for anything extra for something they had to order because they didn't have it in stock, they were just happy to have my coins instead of me going to another dealer and purchasing the part.

2. Since you already spent $500 on chrome for a bike you haven't taken possession of yet it doesn't matter if you bought one piece that isn't chrome you already have a full-blown case of OCD. Besides the piece you bought that isn’t chrome can’t be seen unless the saddlebags are off. Just admit it, don't feel guilty, and buy as much as you can. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

magicl1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2006, 09:11:58 PM »

I placed my order for a few "extras" with Zanotti's only to find out they had to order everything.  I called them and they promptly canceled the order and refunded the charge. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Tracked down Jenni (formerly of Hale's) and called her at Benjy's HD.  Great service and the usual 20% off (and no sales tax for us out of state'rs).  You can't get the same discount with an on line purchase, you have to call it in.  Just be ready with your part numbers and she will tell you on the spot if it is in stock.  In the past (for my Heritage) she would ship what she had and send the balance of the order without additional shipping charge. [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
I still purchase some items from my local dealer but if over $250 it's with the discounters. :-[
Supertrapp 2:1 and SERT

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2006, 09:43:41 PM »

I used Jeff's list to work from (thanks Jeff). Here is my starting list of items; bike should be here in mid Feb:

Genuine Harley-Davidson Parts
Chrome High Performance Starter 1.4 - 31559-99
Chrome Inner Primary - 60739-01
HID Headlamp - 68094-06
Touring Oil Vent Line - 33111-02
Chrome Windshield Molding - 59213-96
Chrome Lower Belt Guard - 60491-02A      
Finned Headbolt Bridge – Silver - 43857-00
Headlamp Trim Ring - 69627-99
Passing Lamp Trim Ring - 69622-99B

I almost have my 05 SE Fatboy completely chromed out, but now to start working on the new bike.

No-Rain aka (Rainman)

hmmmm, another guy with expensive taste

Congrats on the new ride

jeffj

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2006, 09:47:47 PM »

Jeff, you didn't have anything on your list about the radio antenna's. Are you leaving the stock "whippers" on or have you swapped for a neat set of stubbies or under-the-fairing digital. I took my whip antenna's off and installed the 18 inch black rubber aftermarkets. Reception is great on the AM/FM/XM. CB probably wouldn't do too well but I'll never use it anyway.

I went with the Freedom Antennas - they seem to work great - like you CB is not a high priority for me but I did have a friend try my CB with new Freedom Antennas and he ordered a set for his UC and he uses the CB a lot, so the CB antenna must work OK

jeffj

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2006, 09:52:52 PM »

I placed my order for a few "extras" with Zanotti's only to find out they had to order everything.  I called them and they promptly canceled the order and refunded the charge. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Tracked down Jenni (formerly of Hale's) and called her at Benjy's HD.  Great service and the usual 20% off (and no sales tax for us out of state'rs).  You can't get the same discount with an on line purchase, you have to call it in.  Just be ready with your part numbers and she will tell you on the spot if it is in stock.  In the past (for my Heritage) she would ship what she had and send the balance of the order without additional shipping charge. [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
I still purchase some items from my local dealer but if over $250 it's with the discounters. :-[

magicl1,

Welcome to the site
I really like your choose in Scooters [smiley=banana.gif]
There is nothing better than finding a really good deal - well maybe a few things  ;)

jeffj

2up

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2006, 05:37:18 PM »

Back when I purchased my SE air cleaner, I asked the same question of 3 different parts managers at various dealerships.  They all indicated that as best they could tell they were the exact same parts.  One actually had both part numbers in stock and offered to pull them out for us to compare.  Visually, they are identical except one had a "For Racing Use Only" sticker on it and the other didn't.  Since they are both priced the same, I can't figure what would cause H-D to carry them under different part numbers.  BTW - I suggest that you check to see if they have stopped using the paper element and gone back to the real K&N oiled filter.  If not, I would suggest going to the Ness Big Sucker with the genuine K&N element.

Jerry
Supposed to go and get my pipes and SE Air cleaner installed tomorrow. Just got home and checked the message on my phone it was the service manager and she said that the ECM required the cartridge for the flash.  which is on back order and the SE Air cleaner she has will not work with my stock cover. Can some one let me know if the above air cleaner numbers will work with my stock cover? Thanks...............

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ya ever take a crap so big your pants fit better??
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2006, 06:06:35 PM »

Supposed to go and get my pipes and SE Air cleaner installed tomorrow. Just got home and checked the message on my phone it was the service manager and she said that the ECM required the cartridge for the flash.  which is on back order and the SE Air cleaner she has will not work with my stock cover. Can some one let me know if the above air cleaner numbers will work with my stock cover? Thanks...............

I don't see the numbers you reference, but there is only 1 SE Air Kit, I have it on mine and the stock cover fits fine.  They are probably confused because they see 2 screws on the outside of the cover and know that the SE only accepts one big bolt.  They just ain't smart enough to figure out that when you pull the two small screws out and remove the plate, there is a big bolt behind it....idiots....

I swear sometimes we should charge back on the dealers just for thier stupidity.....

2up

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2006, 06:10:14 PM »

I don't see the numbers you reference, but there is only 1 SE Air Kit, I have it on mine and the stock cover fits fine.  They are probably confused because they see 2 screws on the outside of the cover and know that the SE only accepts one big bolt.  They just ain't smart enough to figure out that when you pull the two small screws out and remove the plate, there is a big bolt behind it....idiots....

I swear sometimes we should charge back on the dealers just for thier stupidity.....
Thanks again Train!! You are right about charging them. Thank god for this board because most dealers are clueless.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 21 queries.