Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question for those who know TTS MT8 tuning, specifically around EGR  (Read 1375 times)

ssls6

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CUSE-DARK

I used an MT8 file to tune my 2010.5 CUSE.  I followed all instructions and asked many questions along the way specifically around EGR adjustment.  Now that my tune is complete, I would like to compare my EGR values to other CVO TTS users who did the same.

The bike is a 2010.5 CVO ultra and I started with tuning file ETA009-03.  The bike has a ventilator AC and Rinehart TDs.

First here are the before and after EGR settings.  The original's are labeled with an Ocal.

Here is the front VE table

And the rear VE table

Originally, the EGR settings between front and rear were pretty close to each other.  By driving the 50 and 60 VE together, I made the front and rear EGR settings separate.  I have not seen anyone plot the final EGRs they used so I'm wondering if these look OK to you guys?

timtoolman

• never enough torque!!!!!!!
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Hillside Stg 4 117, S&S 66 T.B. Woods 400-6, Rush 2-1 Wrath
Re: Question for those who know TTS MT8 tuning, specifically around EGR
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 05:58:17 PM »

from what ive read about EGR  tuning , results will be varied a lot, depending on how far you are willing to go  doing it.  I do know a few tuners stated they wont do the EGR part of the tuning because of the extended time needed to do it.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 06:01:53 PM by timtoolman »

ssls6

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CUSE-DARK
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 08:36:09 PM »

Thanks Tim, it was a lot of work for sure.  For those who have also performed all the EGR runs, I was curious as to what their curves looked like.

Richard

timtoolman

• never enough torque!!!!!!!
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Hillside Stg 4 117, S&S 66 T.B. Woods 400-6, Rush 2-1 Wrath
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 10:15:54 PM »

over in harley tech talk there is a lot of discussion and a few  egr data shown that has been done by menbers on there. and yes ive heard it is a lot on tuning to get it correct as ppssible

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 22 queries.