Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Slippery Foot Pegs  (Read 11094 times)

firedawg24

Slippery Foot Pegs
« on: June 14, 2009, 01:51:02 PM »

I hope someone here can help. I seem to have a hard time keeping my feet securely on the pegs. They want to slide off to the sides . I have read where others simply reversed the pegs, but I did not see if this actually helped the situation. I have considered getting heel rests but my feet dont slide back they only slide to the side. I have tried several different boots and only one pair of shoes seem to work, but they are low quarter non riding shoes the soles have round bumps for traction so I think they fit into the grooves on the pegs. However, they are definitely not for riding more of a casual soft leather shoe. Has anybody else had this and what were your solutions? I appreciate the help in advance.

I did do a search but did not find much, so any help is, again appreciated.

bausti25

Re: Slippery Foot Pegs
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 02:01:28 PM »

I have noticed at highway speeds, my feet sometimes feel like they are slipping, but in most cases they are still on the pegs.  Just a weird feeling that I get.  I am glad you said something, but I have no idea how to remedy the situation.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 03:15:51 PM »

Try different pegs.....some w/ rubber inserts.  Might help.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

firedawg24

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 03:41:27 PM »

As far as new pegs go, I was hoping to avoid that, but if I have to that's what I'll do. Is there a way to adjust the angle of the pegs, so that they tilt up a little instead of being level?

Bausti, my feet are definitely slipping they haven't slipped off yet, but  they have gotten close.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 03:48:53 PM »

As far as new pegs go, I was hoping to avoid that, but if I have to that's what I'll do. Is there a way to adjust the angle of the pegs, so that they tilt up a little instead of being level?

Sure.....I've used a small 'wedge' under the fold-up part.....that way you can adjust the angle to suit you.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Lennyiti

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FXDSE2
    • CVO2: 2011 FLSTSE2
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 08:49:33 AM »

I installed the keel rest on mine and it did help with my feet slipping.

firedawg24

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 11:20:47 AM »

I installed the keel rest on mine and it did help with my feet slipping.

What heel rest/peg did you use? did you get the matching shifter peg or something else? From the pics I've seen it seems that it places the peg and rest a couple of inches further out, is that right or is just look like that in pics?

PAPA T

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FXDSE2
    • CVO2: Not CVO 99FXSTS
    • CVO3: NOT CVO 83 Ironhead & 98 Sportys
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 09:11:27 PM »

Here are the ones I have on my Dyna. 

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442125729&default=none

They do move your pegs out about 1 1/2" which for me worked out great as it seems to be more comfortable and my knee doesn't have to be right up against the air cleaner to keep my foot on the peg.

I love them.....especially on long trips. Seems to take a lot of pressure off my back also. I installed matching Stealth Shifter pegs as the heel rest. The only problem with the shifter pegs as the heel rest is the right side rest tread will be "upside down" I.E. the pads are teardrop shaped and will be inverted.

I will put some pics of the actual ones installed when I get home tomorrow
It'll feel better when it quits hurting!!!

Lennyiti

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FXDSE2
    • CVO2: 2011 FLSTSE2
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 08:08:32 AM »

What heel rest/peg did you use? did you get the matching shifter peg or something else? From the pics I've seen it seems that it places the peg and rest a couple of inches further out, is that right or is just look like that in pics?

I installed the matching set. I will get you pictures if you want.

firedawg24

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 01:52:44 PM »

That would be cool! Thanks.

yellowted

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 07:00:34 PM »

i just replaced the front and rear with the HD airfoil large pegs.  on the front i also used 1 1/4  kury extenders on the front for a better target to place my foot.  all i can say is i should have replaced the factory ones sooner.
2007 fxdse
2011 flhtc

NA_Dude

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 FLHTCUSE4 (Stage 3, Fatcat, Thundermax Tuner)
    • CVO2: '07 FXDSE (sold) (Fatcat, SEST)
    • CVO3: '10 FLSTSE (Fatcat, Thundermax Tuner)
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2009, 01:22:08 AM »

Try different pegs.....some w/ rubber inserts.  Might help.  spyder

That is what I did, never looked back.
NA Dude :coolblue:

fxdsegrl

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXDSE - Sold :(
    • CVO2: 2012 FLTRXSE
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2009, 11:31:11 AM »

I put on the matching heel rests because my legs used to get sore trying to keep them from blowing off the pegs after riding all day.  A couple of times a big truck would go by and my leg flew off.  Now with the heel rests it is alot more comfortable riding and my legs don't feel like they are going to slide off.  Installing the heel rests pushed out the shifter and brake and it took awhile to get used to their being at a different angle.  The heel rests do scrape when corning sometimes, but now I think the corner that I've sheared off is giving me more clearance and it doesn't happen as often   ::)  I'll just never be able to get the screw out again, so the heel rests are there to stay LOL  I will also try to get some pictures on here for you.  I find the heel rests great for the long road trips!

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2009, 11:50:18 AM »

I squirm & twist around too much while riding to be comfortable with forward controls/pegs.  Give me floorboards or at least mid-controls/pegs and some hwy. pegs for alternating riding positions anyday.  JMHO.  har!  spyder

fxdsegrl

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXDSE - Sold :(
    • CVO2: 2012 FLTRXSE
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2009, 06:21:01 PM »

Here are a couple pics of my heel rest on my 07 FXDSE. They are a stock Harley part. You can see they will rub if you lean a little too far  ;D

Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.33 seconds with 21 queries.