Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: May is Motorcycle Awareness Month -Say What?  (Read 4014 times)

mfgreen

May is Motorcycle Awareness Month -Say What?
« on: May 09, 2003, 01:09:44 AM »

945pm
At approximately 6pm this evening, Margaret (passenger) and I (rider) were hit from behind by an uninsured motorist, Theresa Devel, who had stopped at a red light, behind us, eastbound in the center lane, on Washington (rt33) at 15th Street in West Bend, WI, gunned her car and tried to drive through us and the 2003 Centennial Gold Screamin' Eagle Road King that is supposed to carry us to Washington DC, when the light turned green. She told the West Bend police officer that she did not see us.
The local hospital gave both of us, Margaret and me,  a preliminary exam. We both sustained soft tissue injuries and additionally I have a (partially?) herniated disc in my neck as well as numbness in my neck forearm and fingers on my left side.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2003, 07:16:16 AM by mfgreen »

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
Re: May is Motorcycle Awareness Month -Say What?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2003, 07:36:39 AM »

first off its good to hear that both rider and passenger walked away, its much eaiser to replace a bike even a limited edition one such as an SERK, but having said that, man that sucks about the bike

was Ms Devel cited in any way by the police?  how could she not see a 750+ pound bike with 2 up on it. she must have seen you when she stopped or she would have hit you then......

ok enough ranting for now,

heres to a speedy recovery to U , Margret and the 2003 Centennial Gold Screamin' Eagle Road King that is supposed to carry you to Washington DC[smiley=beerchug.gif]
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

mfgreen

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2003, 08:06:52 AM »

The citation to Theresa Devel was for inattentive driving. my point to this report is that even when you guys think that you are driving safely that you can still get run over when you least expect it.  I have got to see to breakfast, a doctor an attorney and the possibility of getting this bike repaired before the 22nd of this month or an alternative ride for Washington DC, more importantly 'The Wall'. Til later,
Mike

banglin1

• '02 FLHRSEI
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2003, 08:58:30 PM »

Mike,
Sorry to hear about the accident. I didn't know ANY states still allowed uninsured motorists. I would definately see the attorney. The Eagle should be repairable.
Glad you guys are okay.

Benny.
Samson slip-ons, Arlen Ness mirrors, Highway pegs.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2003, 07:27:27 AM »

I didn't know ANY states still allowed uninsured motorists.

i just did a search on the web and found 4 dont require it

• New Hampshire
  • Wisconsin
  • Virginia
  • South Carolina

you'd think by now all would [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

mfgreen

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2003, 10:01:54 AM »

They ( the statisticians) figure that 1 out of 6 drivers are without insurance in Wisconsin.
That is why those with insurance are required to carry underinsured motorist as well as uninsured motorist coverage.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2003, 06:54:07 PM by mfgreen »

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 23 queries.