Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fat bob rear fender?  (Read 5425 times)

63SSRagtop

• Junior CVO Member
Fat bob rear fender?
« on: June 18, 2009, 04:50:51 AM »

Has anyone done this type of install or seen it up close? Looks to be fairly straightforward, kit is specific to the FXR frame...
I'm planning on picking up the fender kit and putting on a 150 tire while i'm at it...
I haven'tfigured out the blinker situation as of yet but i do want to go with LED's all the way around..

ltank

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 S&S V111, CustomS.S. 2-1 exhaust, Primo-Rivera OD 6 speed, 49mm Custom Front End Ohlins 30mm Fork cartridges , Hyperpro Shocks, Barnett Scorpian Clutch
    • CVO2: 1983 88" Shovelhead Won the World of Wheels 1985 Sept 85 Issue of Hot Bike Mag
    • CVO3: 1989 FXRS, 1990 Custom 100" Shovelhead/ EVO
Re: Fat bob rear fender?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 10:13:32 AM »

Hi,
I have the same Rear Fender on my FXR4 but I used a stock style FXWG tail light assembly. My fender is closer to the right side of the  tire than the left. Why ? I don't know. You would need to change the axle spacers to center the wheel in the fender. I don't know what else you might need to do.
Good Luck!
LTank

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Fat bob rear fender?
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 03:07:28 PM »

Hi,
I have the same Rear Fender on my FXR4 but I used a stock style FXWG tail light assembly. My fender is closer to the right side of the  tire than the left. Why ? I don't know. You would need to change the axle spacers to center the wheel in the fender. I don't know what else you might need to do.
Good Luck!
LTank

Hey Tank .... I'm sure you posted it somewhere .... I'd like to see a 'whole bike' picture of your bike .... the rear fender on there looks pretty kewl

Thanks
2000 FXR4 Candy Tangerine
The Build -
•   SE Heads w/Cometic .030 gaskets
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb
•   Compu-Fire Single Fire Ignition
•   Rivera taper-lite chromolly adjustable push rods
•   Chrome lifter blocks w/HD B lifters
•   Pro-Force One AC and breather kit
•   Vance and Hines straight shots

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 21 queries.