Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: CVO WITH WHITEWALLS  (Read 9083 times)

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
Re: CVO WITH WHITEWALLS
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2005, 11:51:28 AM »

You guys seem to have missed that he can also trim his windshield with some nice "ball fringe"......and have his seat "tuck and rolled".

[smiley=antlers.gif] [smiley=behead.gif] [smiley=bucktooth.gif] [smiley=gossip.gif] [smiley=rolleyes2.gif] [smiley=wink3.gif]

RedFXR2

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2005, 11:58:45 AM »

You guys seem to have missed that he can also trim his windshield with some nice "ball fringe"......have his seat "tuck and rolled".

Another memory of "Why did he do THAT!??" :o

I used to call that stuff "dingleberries". ;D

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2005, 05:06:15 PM »

Oh man, you guys slay my azz [smiley=ROFLOL.gif] [smiley=lolk.gif] [smiley=zroflmao.gif]
Hey I figured out the Rhinehart problem as well [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] I'm going to put my stock system back on, and get some playing cards maybe a deck for each wheel to give it that real tough sound [smiley=bigok.gif] [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_20.gif]
04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2005, 05:10:10 PM »

Another memory of "Why did he do THAT!??" :o

I used to call that stuff "dingleberries". ;D
Red, Now the dingleberries maybe going just abit out in left field!! Those are alittle scary [smiley=nervous.gif] and how would I blend it in? [smiley=nixweiss.gif] ;D

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2005, 05:15:25 PM »

I was so impressed that I immediately got out my JC Whitney catalog to see if they had some of those add-on wide whitewalls for bikes, similar to the ones they used to sell for cars.  You remember, the ones that would flap driving down the road??     ::)

Jerry
grc,
I cant quite remember the add-on gansta whitewalls, but damn that would be a quick disconnect style tire, to change back to black [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] I wonder what the H.D. R/D boys could do with that??? [smiley=drink.gif]

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2005, 05:16:54 PM »

JCZ,

I actually didnt know about that stuff I had to ask my GRANDPARENTS what they put in cars back in the ole days :)

;D
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2005, 07:26:56 PM »

JCZ,

I actually didnt know about that stuff I had to ask my GRANDPARENTS what they put in cars back in the ole days :)

;D

Uhh...........that would mean that you are in the minority here! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

There's been some funny stuff on this site but I think this whole thread beats everything else.......it just makes ya break loose with the laughing.  Thanks guys..............I sure appreciate it. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Crawdaddy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Enjoy your Freedom
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2005, 07:45:32 PM »

Ball fringe, I can't find that.....do you have a link?

RedFXR2

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2005, 08:13:39 PM »

Red, Now the dingleberries maybe going just abit out in left field!! Those are alittle scary [smiley=nervous.gif] and how would I blend it in? [smiley=nixweiss.gif] ;D

Don't blend it in--put a row around the edge of your windshield---just like they used to do around the rear window of a car. ;D

Hey, does anybody still make those see-through steering wheel knobs with the half-naked women inside?  I haven't seen one in years.  I mean as long as we're talking about "historic" accessories....

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2005, 09:33:53 PM »

How about spark plugs in the tailpipes? Not that I ever did that, my grandfather told me about it.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2005, 10:01:38 PM »

How about spark plugs in the tailpipes? Not that I ever did that, my grandfather told me about it.

This thread has gone way too nostalgic.  Too many younger guys (at least younger than me) won't know what the fringe was really for.  They won't know dingleballs and if it weren't for old movies would never have seen fuzzy dize.  Curb feelers would be a term they'd think would apply to homeless drunks.  Suicide knobs wouldn't have anything to do with steering wheels.  Foot feed and emergency brake are both old hat too.  They'll likely think a flathead is what you get if you stay out too late and will assume that anything before the Evo is something that should only be ridden by Shriners in a parade with the funny hats and, well, dingleballs.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2005, 10:30:42 PM »

will assume that anything before the Evo is something that should only be ridden by Shriners in a parade with the funny hats and, well, dingleballs.  

TwoLane,

If its rideable and on wheels we will ride it in a parade for sure ... Flathead, panhead, evo, twincam were not picky its all good and a worthy cause, red fezzes and all.

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2005, 06:10:45 AM »

Ball fringe, I can't find that.....do you have a link?

www.imustbeamentalcasetoo.com

dont forget to check out the curb feelers [smiley=oops.gif] and yes I forgot the grounding straps

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2005, 06:20:19 AM »

Red,
 Your right, the dingleberries would work ,but only if I can get some in blue to match my flame pinstripeing [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] I wouldnt want to clash having presay gold color, that might be a touch tacky.

Twolane,
  The homeless drunks never worked for me as curb feelers, they kept trying to clean my windshield, so I went with the chrome ones [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] worked good to protect my tire skirts on the 64 coupe deville 2 door hardtop with the wirewheels when my wife was driving [smiley=drink.gif]
BTW 2lane a most outstanding thread on your audio system bro!!!!!!
Now when I or others do that we got the best install info one could possible hope for
 [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_20.gif] [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=bigok.gif]
 [smiley=dankk2.gif] hands down you da man
« Last Edit: November 18, 2005, 06:25:41 AM by MYCVO »

RedFXR2

« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2005, 08:24:13 AM »

Hey, does anybody still make those see-through steering wheel knobs with the half-naked women inside?

This thread has gone way too nostalgic.  Too many younger guys (at least younger than me) won't know what the fringe was really for.  Suicide knobs wouldn't have anything to do with steering wheels.

DING DING DING!!!!  We have a winner!!  I purposely left out any reference to "suicide" just to see if anyone really knew about those things.  When I was a kid (no, I really was!), the local hardware store (Mom and Pop, not franchise) had those in their automotive section.  My friends and I would sneak back there to sift through them and ogle the discreetly positioned beauties inside.  We asked my best friends' older brother what they were for and he explained their purpose.  'They're suicide knobs.  If you want to commit suicide put one on your steering wheel and us it to crank the wheel over at high speed.  Gives you something good to look at right before you die' he said  (This man is now a Dentist).

We walked around for months wondering about those things.  I mean, if we saw anyone buy one, should we call somebody?? :'(   ;D

Hope this picture passes the censors:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2005, 08:33:07 AM by RedFXR2 »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 21 queries.