Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: CVO WITH WHITEWALLS  (Read 9135 times)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: CVO WITH WHITEWALLS
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2005, 04:41:29 PM »

Brian, I kinda like the one on the left, with the red/yellow flames.  Now if I can just talk the wife into a new outhouse.  ;) Har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2005, 04:45:17 PM »

You got an outhouse?  Sure wish we did...it's getting chilly here in the evenings and sure is uncomfortable running to the woods with a Sears catalog.

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2005, 06:26:26 PM »

You guys forgot to upgrade your audio systems to an 8 track! Then you have to roll a pack of camels into your short sleeves and roll your jeans!
And the new Nostalgia CVO could be offered in colors like Harvest Gold and have shag carpet seating!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 06:42:34 PM by sefatboyscott »
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3

Rakeman

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2005, 12:55:03 PM »

This thread has great interest to me because I just purchased an 05 Candy red SEEG. One thing that struck me was the bike had 1/2" whitewalls (not these hideous gangster whitewalls in the picture). I immediately asked the owner to throw in the original blackwalls that came with the bike. He stated that this is how it came when he bought it new!
Is this possible? The bike has only 1349 miles. The bike is being shipped from Chicago soon and I was planning to just run with them for awhile or a nice long run in a burn out pit should at least get rid of the rear tire.
                                           Tim  

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2005, 01:14:26 PM »

Is this possible?

Nah, not possible, unless the dealer happened to switch then out prior to him taking delivery.  Does it have the Thunderstar wheels on it?  

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2005, 01:21:22 PM »

Hub...if you're decorating the back of the tour pack, this is what you need to customize the lid....should be very appropriate when you scare the chit out of your passengers running WFO!

Yeah, 'er 'uh, BLM777,
   Now that right there is funny!  Be my luck she'd rip it off, and knock the chit outa' me with it!  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] Seems they get a little braver at high speed!  >:(  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2005, 01:27:22 PM »

This thread has great interest to me because I just purchased an 05 Candy red SEEG. One thing that struck me was the bike had 1/2" whitewalls (not these hideous gangster whitewalls in the picture). I immediately asked the owner to throw in the original blackwalls that came with the bike. He stated that this is how it came when he bought it new!
Is this possible? The bike has only 1349 miles. The bike is being shipped from Chicago soon and I was planning to just run with them for awhile or a nice long run in a burn out pit should at least get rid of the rear tire.
                                           Tim  
Hey Tim, not sure that's gonna be too good for that new motor (the burn out pit).....but, hey, it's your bike.  Are you sure it's not a 'knock-off' of a Harley?  The whitewall deal and all.  Is it licensed as a Harley?  Those Chinese can duplicate anything.  You can hardly tell a real Rolex these days w/o splitting the case.  Be sure and get the paperwork.   [smiley=nervous.gif]  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2005, 01:54:43 PM »

Hey Tim, not sure that's gonna be too good for that new motor (the burn out pit).....but, hey, it's your bike.  Are you sure it's not a 'knock-off' of a Harley?  The whitewall deal and all.  Is it licensed as a Harley?  Those Chinese can duplicate anything.  You can hardly tell a real Rolex these days w/o splitting the case.  Be sure and get the paperwork.   [smiley=nervous.gif]  spyder

Yeah, 'er 'uh, spyder,
  Good advice!  Man, that would be BIG!  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2005, 02:24:48 PM »

Rakeman,

Someone swapped them out on the bike somewhere along the way.   All the CVO's 04' and 05' shipped standard with solid black tires.   Wear em out and swap em shouldnt take all that long its only like 5500 miles to go.

If I were in a cold state though I would prolly have to swap em out quickly before the winter set in cause I couldnt stand to go into the garage and look at them white stripes, but that is just me :)
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Rakeman

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2005, 05:34:12 PM »

NO it's not a knock-off (at least I hope it's not Still in Chicago waiting to ship).
My guess now would be that the owner swapped them before delivery. Anybody out there got a stock Ultra Classic they need tires for?

Rakeman

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2005, 08:30:26 AM »

Here is a link to the e-bay listing where I found the bike. As you can see they are the thinner whitewalls. To me it just doesn't look right.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4587069081&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1#lg

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2005, 09:25:11 AM »

Well, it's definitely the real McCoy (a SEEG), but why it would have whitewall tires on it is a little strange.  Have you spoken with the original owner or just the dealer you're getting it from?

Rakeman

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2005, 04:10:01 PM »

Curiosity has got me now. The owner is the owner of a Honda dealership in Chicago. I have my contact now asking him how those ugly things got on such a beautiful bike. I don't think much of those leather tassles either.
I'll keep you posted.
                                             Tim

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2005, 05:41:28 PM »

Curiosity has got me now. The owner is the owner of a Honda dealership in Chicago. I have my contact now asking him how those ugly things got on such a beautiful bike. I don't think much of those leather tassles either.
I'll keep you posted.
                                             Tim
Rakeman,
Welcome to the site, So you dont like the whites either huh, maybe you should go with the wide whitewalls, instead of the boring, run of the mill, everybody has them blackwalls!! Wheres your originality Be bold!! Dont worry if these guys are laughing.
Hey it doesnt have the dingleballs on it [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2005, 05:46:57 PM »

Or, just never clean the tires and pretty soon no one will notice that they once had white side walls.  Har!  spyder
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 21 queries.