Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: CVO WITH WHITEWALLS  (Read 9170 times)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
Re: CVO WITH WHITEWALLS
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2006, 06:55:53 PM »

Just remember before u commet I'am 6" 4" 255. lol Be honest boys ( girls )

I think it does give the bike more of a nostalgic look, like someone did a trick paint job on an older bike.  

I was looking at my alloys today next to my 2000 with lace wheels and I must say if I did the wide whites I'd definitely go with a wide lace wheel too.  It's only money.

Like Dood said, it's your bike, love it and ride it.

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2006, 06:56:43 PM »

Different Strokes for Different Folks

Thats whats Kewl about owning a HD, make it the way you want and enjoy it

jeffj

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2006, 09:07:40 PM »

Lugnut,
You go boy!
 Got your whites on and rolling! The ride is what counts.
MYCVO [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #93 on: March 11, 2006, 09:29:32 PM »

Hey MYCVO,

Not to get too involved,  but the white walls.....well,  how do I put this.........well,  I've got a good bro that loves them,  he's 50+ years old.....I'm just breakin' 40.....maybe it's an age thing (don't think so,  more a style thing)....If you like them,  Put the freakin things on your bike........Don't want to get off on a tangent here....but this is AMERICA.....you can do what ever you want here (and put anything on your scoot that you like).  I travel the world,  and it's kinda like checking for helmet laws in other states........no gum in Singapore, wrong side of the road in Hong Kong......No light beer in Munich.......anything you want in Amsterdam......To each his own.  Ride what you like.....someone will always break your balls for something.......(Screw 'em).......just get out and do it!!!!!

All the best,

_Beagle [smiley=cherry.gif] [smiley=cherry.gif] [smiley=cherry.gif] [smiley=cherry.gif]
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #94 on: March 11, 2006, 10:28:54 PM »

Hey MYCVO,

Not to get too involved,  but the white walls.....well,  how do I put this.........well,  I've got a good bro that loves them,  he's 50+ years old.....I'm just breakin' 40.....maybe it's an age thing (don't think so,  more a style thing)....If you like them,  Put the freakin things on your bike........Don't want to get off on a tangent here....but this is AMERICA.....you can do what ever you want here (and put anything on your scoot that you like).  I travel the world,  and it's kinda like checking for helmet laws in other states........no gum in Singapore, wrong side of the road in Hong Kong......No light beer in Munich.......anything you want in Amsterdam......To each his own.  Ride what you like.....someone will always break your balls for something.......(Screw 'em).......just get out and do it!!!!!

All the best,

_Beagle [smiley=cherry.gif] [smiley=cherry.gif] [smiley=cherry.gif] [smiley=cherry.gif]
Ya Beagle, Hope your not implying that I'm busting anyones balls,  cause I'm not.
Guy wants whites then cool. I like whites, had them on my heritage and thought about my seeg but didnt.  No  it isnt and age thing, it a style thing. some bikes look totally sweet with them, and some dont. And hell ya if you think them it dont matter what any fool has got to say.
MYCVO

lugnut

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2006, 08:09:24 AM »

girls = Candy

lugnut

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #96 on: March 12, 2006, 09:13:25 AM »

I am looking at spoke rims. When the rims start peeling again when out of warranty this spring I just might go that way. Looks like $1,500 to replace them

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2006, 09:35:13 AM »

Lugnut,
That would look very cool on your seeg, Always loved spokes! Talking about some chrome stars there bro [smiley=drink.gif]
Hope that your wheels dont do the peel thing again though!
MYCVO [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2006, 11:15:00 AM »

I am looking at spoke rims. When the rims start peeling again when out of warranty this spring I just might go that way. Looks like $1,500 to replace them

Sign me up, I love 'em. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #99 on: March 13, 2006, 10:40:39 AM »

The guy on the fundraiser ride yesterday has spokes.  They look nice but before the day was over, he was wishing he'd of went with mag wheels.  Had a flat and we had a kit for tubless tire...........but he had spokes.  Can't help a tubed tire on the side of the road. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #100 on: March 13, 2006, 10:46:32 AM »

Sounds like a bad install unless he got a nail.  I imagine he would have enjoyed the fix a flat routine on the road.  You don't always have a buddy that can come get you with a pick-up.  I hate chancing a tow truck, they aren't well equipped for bikes most of the time.

Those guys could use a Condor on a flat bed. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Lord knows the thousands of miles I've ridden and only had one flat. '90 Springer, lowered, front tire blew at about 75 mph.  With it being lowered my feet were doing the outrigger thing and I was braking before I conciously knew what happened.  Very exciting.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #101 on: March 13, 2006, 11:19:16 AM »

girls = Candy

I'm so sorry John, I am way behind on perusing this site.  I saw your pics today and I think it looks great. We have the white walls on the Road King and they look hot as hell, but I gotta say that I am way to lazy to keep them looking great on the SEEG.  Hell, my bike wheel is so dirty you can barely tell it's chrome.  I don't have a way to lift the bike up and I'll be damned if I'm going to lay in the dirt to clean them.  So for me, I would not have the whitewalls on my bike, but I do admire them on others.  Hey, I just went to go look for that pic and now can't find it. Where did you put it?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

And the spoked wheels;
The whitewalls with the spokes, will look hot as hell.  I love it. Again, there is no way I'd put that much effort into cleaning my bike.  Spokes = lots of rubbing, but if you don't mind the labor I think the look will be fabulous.  

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #102 on: March 14, 2006, 07:57:17 AM »

Hey, I found the picture of your bike John.  

Looking Good!   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #103 on: March 14, 2006, 09:28:03 AM »

The poll is indicating some interesting findings............ :-?

starvin

« Reply #104 on: March 14, 2006, 11:15:15 AM »

I think the fat white walls look best on the bikes that are trying to look like the older bikes. JMO I'm only 6'2  210  but I don't think the fat white walls look right on the seegs. Maybe if I put on a few more pounds they'll look better. Could someone please explain what the F**** being overweight  has to do with weather or not you like the looks of something.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 11:25:06 AM by starvin »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 21 queries.