Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: New Bars Installed on my '08 Ultra  (Read 2532 times)

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
Re: New Bars Installed on my '08 Ultra
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2009, 09:12:54 AM »

I have the Harley pullbacks 2 ", best thing I can say is to measure the distance from the Bat wing to the end of the hand grip. That will tell you exactly how much difference the bar makes. I believe I am 13 1/2 I will check tonight and re post what I have.

I know I had 15 1/2 on my 06....man they were nice.
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

sawyerghost

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2009, 11:58:54 AM »

On my previous R.K. I put the Heritage Bars on which have a 3 inch pull back from their stock bars.
I did enjoy those much more than what is on the 08 FLHTCUSE3.
I think H.D. only offer a 2 inch pullback as a replacement,

Any other options other than what H.D. offers out there that would offer more than the 2 inch pullback, and hopefully a little higher as well?

As was suggested, I will have the power line from Zumo ran through the Clutch Grommet and inside of new bar.

Anything else while I am doing the change that I should consider?
Sawyer Ghost

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2009, 12:18:16 PM »

Firechief2

The timing of your pictures is perfect.  It looks like you gained a at least 2" closer to you with the new bars.
That is what I am looking for.  I am guessing the wires were long enough but the hyd clutch line and brake line need to be replaced???
I am thinking I will do this myself and save some labor charges. 
I would greatly appreciate any info on how long the extensions need to be for the lines and wires if you have it.
I don't  want to start and then wait on longer hyd lines of brake lines to be ordered if I can have it all ready to go on.

Thanks again for the pictures....perfect timing.

guppytrash

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2009, 02:54:13 PM »

If your going with the 2" pullbacks from Harley no additional lines or cables need to be purchased. Just the bars.
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,

sawyerghost

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2009, 03:03:10 PM »

DICKW,
SO YOU ARE SAYING THAT WHEN YOU ADDED THE 2 INCH PULLBACKS FROM H.D., YOU DID NOT NEED TO CHANGE ANY LINE'S. ALL THAT YOU NEEDED TO MAKE THE CHANGE WAS THE BARS?
SAWYERGHOST
Sawyer Ghost

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2009, 03:28:00 PM »

Correct

sawyerghost

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2009, 03:39:44 PM »

DICKW,
I will make my dealer aware of this.
Thx.
Sawyerghost
Sawyer Ghost

sawyerghost

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2009, 02:50:07 PM »

DICKW..................I made the local dealer aware of your install on Pullback H.B.
We visitied with the lead Tech. and he agreed that usually there is enought Hyd. Brake LIne to do the app. I am scheduled to have bars installed next week.
Dealer has on order for another customer the "ERGO Backbar from Klockwerks", will see how that looks and compare with the H.D. Pullback's, might have a better wrist position we are thinking? Similiar to the H.D. Heritage Bar.
I will make the site aware of total costs for install.
I beleave it will be quite a bit less without needing to change out the Braided Hyd. Clutch line.
Thanks for the Tip!
Sawyerghost

Sawyer Ghost

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2009, 03:08:14 PM »

You got it, my dealer went ahead and bought all the lines and cables. Then the mechanic called me up and said they didn't need them $$$$$ back in my pocket.

Just so you know I measured my Bars last night, from the seam of the Bat wing were the inner and outer mate up to the beginning of the hand grip I have 13". (that is with the 2" pullbacks)

08serkrider

• CVO1: 2008 SERK
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2009, 09:16:59 PM »

Sawyerghost

Did you have your H-D Pullback's installed?  If yes, how do you like them?  And were you able to do a comparison with the Klockwerks "Ergo" bars?  BTW, I assume your CUSE has the throttle by wire like my '08SERK?

sawyerghost

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2009, 04:48:52 PM »

08serkrider,
I have not had the handlebar install done yet!
Before I make my decision I am still awaiting the (Klockwerks Ergo Back Bar) Which I think is exactly what I want.
It is 2 Inches Up and 2 Inches Back with wrist twisted slightly out, which would be more parallel with the Fairing on the Ultra.

The Back Baris for (2) applications of riders:
a.) Rider with the need to be closer (pullback)
b.) rider wanting a more laid back position when cruising (that would be me)
I spoke with them today, and they are out being cromed and should be delivered anytime now.
I will let you know!
Sawyer Ghost
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 22 queries.