Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Need Some Rumble  (Read 5574 times)

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
Re: Need Some Rumble
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2009, 05:44:31 PM »

So fulsacs are my cheapest route to take to obtain some rumble, but if i decide to go with something like Reinhart slip on's (which i realize cost more ) is there  remapping involved ??? or, are they just bolt on and enjoy?? I know earlier bikes required remapping with exhaust modifications, not sure what the 09 SERG requires??, Thanks 

Fullsac are by far the least expensive.  Around 125 with shipping.  They come in three size baffels, 1.75, 2 and 2.25 inch.  The smaller the quiter, but even the 2.25 are not that loud, about like a reinhart.

Now you could spend 500 or so and get the Rienhart, or for the same money you could get the Fullsac, and his TTS tuner and map and make much more power, and have a cooler running engine.

Believe me with Fullsac tune his baffels in the stock pipe and the cat gone, the bike runs much much cooler, and makes alot more power.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

jcolesdad

• Anarchy Customs

• CVO1: 09 SERG-Silver & Titanium
    • Anarchy Customs
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2009, 11:05:32 PM »

I too am looking for a better sound. I ordered the fulsac 2" cores, but have not received them yet. I have the coring bit to drill out the cat, but haven't done that yet. I guess my question is How much can I/should I do without adding a fuel manager. I'm happy with the performance of the bike now, and I don't want to change too much(or the stock air cleaner).
Please help!
"If you don't care where your going, any road will get you there".

"Harley-Davidson, because the wheels in the mind turn differently on the road".

BostonboyDH

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2009, 07:45:58 PM »

Look into Cycle Shack Performance Baffles Pt # 1544 about $70.00 before S&H call and talk to Buzz!! 

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2009, 08:09:42 PM »

I too am looking for a better sound. I ordered the fulsac 2" cores, but have not received them yet. I have the coring bit to drill out the cat, but haven't done that yet. I guess my question is How much can I/should I do without adding a fuel manager. I'm happy with the performance of the bike now, and I don't want to change too much(or the stock air cleaner).
Please help!
if you use a core bit you are only removing some of the CC, needs to be cut open, cleaned out, and rewelded, EZ do.
And you will have to use a fuel management system, the bike is way too lean now stock, anything you do let it breath better will make it leaner without a system, If it were me, I'd go with the TTS Mastertune
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

jcolesdad

• Anarchy Customs

• Anarchy Customs
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2009, 09:51:15 PM »

Thanks LarryB! I just talked with Steve at Fullsac today and he said the same thing. That is what I am going to do. I had mixed feelings about just drilling out the cat,but there seemed to be alot of people on the board doing it. I'm gonna cut the head pipe and completly remove the cat and go with the TTS Mastertune. Did you order your Mastertune from Fullsac? Did these changes make a big difference in power/heat?

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2009, 09:55:11 PM »

Please help!

If you are happy with no other mods other than the mufflers, you can squeak by without a tuner, be aware that the bike will still run hot, and if you uncork the head pipes and/or add a better air cleaner, you will be WAY too lean, and hot!
My '09 had the Fullsac cores, Screamin Eagle A/C and TTS tuner.....best combo I have found for FI bikes.
Going to do the same combo for the 2010 FLHTK.
Recommend this setup.
HOGMIKE

jcolesdad

• Anarchy Customs

• Anarchy Customs
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2009, 11:26:13 PM »

Thanks for the input Hogmike! I am going to install the Fullsac cores now to go ahead and get a better sound. I am pleased with the stock perfomance of the bike,alot more power than my 88" I was accustomed to. I'm sure after a month or so I'll probably be ready to split the headpipe to remove the cat and add the tts tuner. Although, the heat produced by the cat may not be so bad with the cooler weather coming.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2009, 07:40:47 AM »

PM sent
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 22 queries.