Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Zippers Package Question 1  (Read 1807 times)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Zippers Package Question 1
« on: November 21, 2005, 10:15:22 AM »

All,

Harley has perfect fit pushrods to fit specific cams to allow you to change a cam and keep your stock pushrod tubes in effect to give the appearance of a completely stock motor.   That being said if you were to go with a Zippers package which would obviously include doing the heads.

Would you want Zippers to consider giving a perfect fit pushrod for those that do headwork and keep the adjustable pushrods for those that just want a cam replacement or want to move in steps.

Please let me know what you think on this idea.

-harry

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Zippers Package Question 1
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 10:25:14 AM »

Harry,

Anytime I was given a choice between one piece and two piece pushrods, I would always pick the one piece.  #1 - more reliable   #2 - less expensive   #3 - no need to go to oversize tubes to prevent rubbing.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 06:43:51 AM »

One piece...why build in a margin of error (reliability) with the adjustable's?

d-rock

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 08:32:19 AM »

I also would say one piece. The only reason for two piece is if your not doing any haedwork. isn't that why they made two piece?
113 inch S.E.
The parts list will never be put in writing :)

JimsSEEG

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 10:22:28 AM »

I would consider adjustables if only for the reason of be able to take out any "stacking tolerances" out of the valvetran. For most this would not be an issue, but I wold surely like to be as close as possible to the "middle" of the range rather than one end.

The only problem with fixed length (IMO) is it limits you to what comes off the head, what type of head gasket is used and what ratio of rockers are used it's all fixed. Again, this would be fine for 99% out there, but for those that are truly anal about geometry, it would be an issue...

Jim

"Ophelia"

"pull that thing in here - it's not running good enough to scatter sh*& with a hay rake...."   E.K.

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2005, 11:35:33 AM »

Adjustables, as Jim has pointed out. I'm sure there'll be quite a few that will only want the gear driven cam kit for starters, as in eliminate the tensioners. Also it does give some 'tweaking' room as far as adjustments AND the associated room for some error as was pointed out. I'd just rather have an adjustment range. It's all good  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 21 queries.