Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 2010 FXDFSE2 Screamin' Eagle Dyna Fatbob  (Read 18296 times)

2fatbob09

• Junior CVO Member
Re: 2010 FXDFSE2 Screamin' Eagle Dyna Fatbob
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2009, 07:18:38 PM »

No doubt about the 2009's.  The new seat does look good as a solo. I do like the new spoiler as opposed to the "keg" look on ours.  Overall, you can't go wrong with either year.

harris48cars

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2009, 01:37:11 AM »

At least they tried to do something about the side covers. Better, but still not what it should be. And please, someone tell me that is an emblem on the sides of the tank and not a decal. Please tell me that!
  Gary

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2009, 10:18:28 PM »

Willie likes it! It's the bike he rode in on. I'm a big fan of brown/tan seats so I think it looks cool as well.

CVO MIKE

• CVO1: 2010 cvo FATBOB
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2009, 08:10:12 PM »

I would be interested in the 2009 seat .Let me know how much?

Dirty John

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2009, 03:35:30 AM »

Just had a look at a 10 to compare it with my yellow 09 - must say that mine looks tastier than the 10 - the yellow piant job and yellow frame on my 09 really make it stand out compared to the 10.
To the untrained eye the 10 looked like just another Dyna, according to her indoors anyway

Like the seat though

harris48cars

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2009, 09:30:13 AM »

I agree with Dirty John. I've said this before but I will say it again. 25K+ is a lot of money so when I spend that kind of money I want something that stands out in the crowd, for better or worse, ie yellow SE Fat Bob. The 2010 does look sort of like any other Dyna as John says.
 Gary

Zinister

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2009, 01:47:07 PM »

I've seen the satin pewter/sandstone grind in person lat weekend and it's very good looking. The pictures don't do it justice as is so common with our bikes.

afontes

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2009, 10:33:05 PM »

I just picked mine up. The pewter and grind looks really good.

daddytc

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Fat Bob in Satin Pewter with Sandstorm Grind
    • Riders Representing Riders
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2009, 10:45:29 PM »

Just got mine on Xmas Eve and the Pewter/Sandstorm turned so many heads at the dealership.  It really is super sweet in person IMO.
Tom
Daddytc
2010 CVO Fat Bob in Sandstorm
2006 Suzuki c50t
1965 Harley Davidson Electra Glide

Jerry OBrien

• 2010 Dyna Fat Bob

• CVO1: Dyna Fat Bob
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2009, 06:23:13 PM »

I got mine about a month ago and added a detachable windshield and saddlebags and a sissy-bar with matching pad and also a rack. I like it allot.

Jerry OBrien

• 2010 Dyna Fat Bob

• CVO1: Dyna Fat Bob
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2009, 12:03:34 AM »

I do have a complaint. Wind coming up from around the tank. At hi-way speeds it is not fun. When I had a Road King I stopped it with wind deflectors on the front forks and also some Plexiglas lowers that are no longer on the web. I traded it for an Ultra and had to replace the lowers with the one I had found on the internet so I could put the fork wind deflectors on. That worked fine. But none of that is do-able on the Fat Bob.
I don't know what to do.

Randylee

• Full CVO Member
  • RN; USAF Medic ('97-present); USMC ('88-'92)

• CVO1: FXDFSE - Fat Bob (Black & Fire Quartz)
    • CVO2: aka 2002 Yamaha V-max (commuter bike)
    • CVO3: aka 2008 XL1200L (wife's Sportster)
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2010, 05:20:36 AM »

As soon as you take the "bitch pad" off the rear fender it will start to look like a Fat Bob......it looked so ridiculous that my dealer took it off before he put it on the floor. Looks very cool as a solo seat!  And it covers up an awesome paint job on the Bobtail. Custom Brawler Seat is the only way to go on this beast unless missy or hissy wants on the back.  

Other than that the only improvement for my eye is the spoiler, as it looks meaner. The midnight chrome derby, timer, and headlight bucket did not fit my eye either, nor did the fender struts and standard black frame.  One of the techs took it for a test drive and said the rounded foot pegs are very slippery. The Opal Blue/Hell Fire did look good in the showroom, so it should sell.

Personally, I am glad for my 2009 Blk/Fire.

Hey there 2Fatbob09 - I share your eye for the Black/Fire Qtz.  I took delivery of mine at the end of December here in Oregon.  For the most part, I'm  very satisfied with the factory look - low desire, resistant even, to making any major mods although I do conduct a lot of Google Photo Searching for any mods that catch my eye.  Yours is the first I'v seen with the reflectors removed from the Front Forks and the Rear Fender Supports.  When I took delivery of my ride, woman from service dept. said I could get them off by heating them up with a Hair Dryer - is that how you got yours off?  Was there any residual adhesive left on the bike?  If so...how easily did the residual come off / what chemical (if any) was effective? 

Finally, curious about your (and anyone else's) opinion about how the Black/FireQtz would look with the Distressed Brown Leather Seat and Saddlebags.
Thanks and Godspeed to you.

AussieEagle

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2010, 02:28:10 AM »

Not a fan of those colours myself. Too many shades of Brown! lol

I'm like the "keg" spoiler alot more, that other Dyna lip spoiler has been around for many years anyway, weird that they've gone backwards on that for 2010

M3S90

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2010, 07:37:23 AM »

Mine dressed
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 21 queries.