Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Progressive stabilizers revisited  (Read 807 times)

skyman

Progressive stabilizers revisited
« on: July 26, 2009, 12:56:33 PM »

I put the progressive stabilizer on Friday and took it out on some nor cal windy roads yesterday.  Trying to figure out if I like the thing or not.  I notice just a tad of increased vibration--mostly see it in the mirrors below 60mph.  After a couple of hours I was thinking this stablizer thing was more hype than anything.  What I did notice is it takes more imput on the turns and I didn't know if I liked that.  Towards the end of my ride I think I have become convinced of it's value.  Higher speeds going through left to right--right to left tuns while staying on the throttle the bike did not float when changing directions.  Second--we have a long strech of road under construction--road has been ground.  The bike tracked true with no wandering through the grouved sections of road.

Overall--it was less of an impact than what I was lead to believe however the reduced floating and tracking on an uneven surface is enough to keep it on.  I leave on a 2k ride this week to Utah and back--that will be the deciding factor.

Cherrio

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 21 queries.