Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Side mount license plate holder?  (Read 7085 times)

firedawg24

Side mount license plate holder?
« on: June 01, 2009, 02:08:01 PM »

I have seen this question asked before but no body answered. The only side mount holder I've seen is from Kuryakyn, but it says it only fits 96 and older Dynas. Does anybody know if they will fit an 07FXDSE? If not who does make one that will? Thanks for the help.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
Re: Side mount license plate holder?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 02:28:20 PM »

I dunno but check with the local laws 1st...Our metric riding crazies have managed to piss off the popo so bad the only plates on legal on bikes now are horizontal and flat...Pretty new regulations...

"Due to new traffic laws passed in late 2008, vertical license plates are in fact unlawful. The fine is $1400 for the 1st offense and over $2000 from then on.............."  quoted form an non fla dmv site,

I am lookin for the link and will post it if I find it.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 02:47:45 PM »

http://www.flhsmv.gov/Leg2008.

Plate location is a beeyatch to find, this explains wheelies though...

firedawg24

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 09:19:16 PM »

Well that just sucks, I guess they gotta make their money someway.

Bankrupt

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 00' FXDWG (Yellow) "1550"
    • CVO2: 08' FXDSE2 (Blue) "1802"
    • CVO3: 12' FLTRXSE (Blue) "1802"
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 10:07:32 PM »

I have some pictures on the FXDSE pictures topic (page 5) of the side mount from Kuryakyn (part#3173). They say it fits 80-05 dyna's but it will fit up to 08 I know because that's what I have. It's a tight fit but it does fit! Good Luck....

firedawg24

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 04:14:34 PM »

If the vertical mount is illegal, what about a horizontal side mount? How do you think that would look? I just think the fender is too nice to hide behind a license plate.

Bankrupt

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 00' FXDWG (Yellow) "1550"
    • CVO2: 08' FXDSE2 (Blue) "1802"
    • CVO3: 12' FLTRXSE (Blue) "1802"
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 06:38:43 PM »

I agree with not hiding the fender. I think the vertical side mount sticks out far enough but I haven't seen any other side mount besides the vertical sooo????? I'm sure you could make one pretty easy but might have to spend some $$ to buy a couple different types to form one? Good luck!!

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 10:49:56 AM »

I had seen one one a bike at the cigar store in delray, I'll try and get the guys name...It was compliant and looked ok...

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 08:44:28 AM »

Here we go firedawg..bummer: Florida residents

316.605  Licensing of vehicles.--

(1)  Every vehicle, at all times while driven, stopped, or parked upon any highways, roads, or streets of this state, shall be licensed in the name of the owner thereof in accordance with the laws of this state unless such vehicle is not required by the laws of this state to be licensed in this state and shall, except as otherwise provided in s. 320.0706 for front-end registration license plates on truck tractors and s. 320.086(5) which exempts display of license plates on described former military vehicles, display the license plate or both of the license plates assigned to it by the state, one on the rear and, if two, the other on the front of the vehicle, each to be securely fastened to the vehicle outside the main body of the vehicle not higher than 60 inches and not lower than 12 inches from the ground and no more than 24 inches to the left or right of the centerline of the vehicle, and in such manner as to prevent the plates from swinging, and all letters, numerals, printing, writing, and other identification marks upon the plates regarding the word "Florida," the registration decal, and the alphanumeric designation shall be clear and distinct and free from defacement, mutilation, grease, and other obscuring matter, so that they will be plainly visible and legible at all times 100 feet from the rear or front. Vehicle license plates shall be affixed and displayed in such a manner that the letters and numerals shall be read from left to right parallel to the ground. No vehicle license plate may be displayed in an inverted or reversed position or in such a manner that the letters and numbers and their proper sequence are not readily identifiable. Nothing shall be placed upon the face of a Florida plate except as permitted by law or by rule or regulation of a governmental agency. No license plates other than those furnished by the state shall be used. However, if the vehicle is not required to be licensed in this state, the license plates on such vehicle issued by another state, by a territory, possession, or district of the United States, or by a foreign country, substantially complying with the provisions hereof, shall be considered as complying with this chapter. A violation of this subsection is a noncriminal traffic infraction, punishable as a nonmoving violation as provided in chapter 318.

firedawg24

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 04:53:45 PM »

I guess I'll have to come up with something different. Thanks for the info though

vince

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2009, 10:02:07 AM »

I have seen this question asked before but no body answered. The only side mount holder I've seen is from Kuryakyn, but it says it only fits 96 and older Dynas. Does anybody know if they will fit an 07FXDSE? If not who does make one that will? Thanks for the help.

The new 2010 dyna wide glide has a side license plate, anybody know the parts number ? Thanks for the help

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 22 queries.