Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Author Topic: THE FIX for SERG seat issues  (Read 30309 times)

volfan615

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
Re: THE FIX for SERG seat issues
« Reply #105 on: October 22, 2009, 02:24:19 PM »

I just got a call from the dealer concerning the seat gap on my new bike.  They said that the MoCo is aware of the issue and will have a service bulletin out in 3-6 months.  That follows what some of the others here have been told.  So I guess I will have to go with a work around until then.

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #106 on: October 24, 2009, 12:06:23 AM »

Got 2.5K on mine since the seat mod and the bracket (.625" long) were installed. No issues since.

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

just-us-6

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #107 on: October 27, 2009, 04:29:06 AM »

Just sent payment via Paypal, sorry for the delay, was out of town and didn't realize I had gotten it. Thanks!
2009 SERG Orange - Heavy breather, catless headpipe, fullsac 2.25", Cyclerama heads, T-man 625 cams, Chrome inner primary, diamond cut heads and cylinders, Hawgwired amp and speakers, Xenon Hid headlights, Led front turn signals, passenger foot boards and pegs moved to crash bars, chopped tour pack, remote alarm, Harley radar detector, SE Pro tuner, Cee Bailey Windshield, VPC clutch, front saddlebag guards, dash oil temp gauge, led spoilers for saddlebags and tourpack, reflectors removed!

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #108 on: October 29, 2009, 02:55:29 PM »

Just came back from the 15k miles service and i got a new seat .
Believe it or not .
Allthough it is brand new , it seems to be modified , the front nose is stiffer and you cannot move it up . The directly comparison seemed to show the same seat , but it has a better fit and is more difficult to mount at the front where you have to slide in the metall into the seat"bag" .
Should they really have modified it finally . We will see .
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

volfan615

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
« Reply #109 on: October 29, 2009, 07:26:17 PM »

At someones suggestion on here I drilled out the center hole in the seat bracket.  That gave me what I need to move the seat up as far as it will go.  Only issue with this fix is that there is only 1 screw attaching the bracket to the seat. 

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #110 on: November 02, 2009, 12:43:10 PM »

Just talked to HD customer service regarding the gap between the seat and the console.  A service bulletin will be issued to the dealers sometime around the end of the year.  The fix does not involve a new seat.  Instead there will be some type of mounting that goes under the seat that will force the seat forward and still allow you to secure it at the rear mounting point.  Those that are offered a new seat should take them up on it.
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #111 on: November 02, 2009, 01:00:35 PM »

Just talked to HD customer service regarding the gap between the seat and the console.  A service bulletin will be issued to the dealers sometime around the end of the year.  The fix does not involve a new seat.  Instead there will be some type of mounting that goes under the seat that will force the seat forward and still allow you to secure it at the rear mounting point.  Those that are offered a new seat should take them up on it.

The MOCO been reading Dan Lockwood's posts? :huepfenjump3:    :huepfenjump3:    :bananarock:    Dan make sure you get your cut  ::)

Howie
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 20 queries.